Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 9 Tiki Tike Playroom New Info Check the first post!

Pages: 1 24 replies

Tiki Tikes Room line up as of 8/7

We have EXTENDED the hours of this room to 8pm!

All day 10 am -8 pm Crafts, coloring, games, and just come in to get out of the sun and relax.
The good people of Shashta will be supping Tiki Punch for the kids. So come in and enjoy a cool one. You can come in for a game or two of " Shasta Tic Tac Toe" and "Shasta Checkers".

10 am Charlie Rose & Dan Peeler's Marionette Revue.

11 am Crafts make your grass skirt, flower for the hair and Hawwain Lei.

12 noon Nalani from the Tropical Paradise Dancers will be giving dance lessons.

2 pm Charlie Rose & Dan Peeler's Marionette Revue.

6 pm we will be showing DVDs and having a 'chill room' for the kids!

Sunday August 16th at 10am join King Kukulele’s 6th Annual Children’s Tiki Tour.
Meet the talking Tiki’s of Tiki Oasis. Join King & the gang at the car show at 10am.

I will update the line up as we get more info.

We are pleased to announce we will be hosting the "Tiki Tike Playroom" again this year at Tiki Oasis 9. We will be in the Paradise Room on Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 PM. We will a new custom TO 09 Coloring Page from Squid and pages from Ken Ruzic's Tiki Coloring Books.

We have confirmed King Kukulele will stop in for some songs. We will also have "Tiki King" stop in with his Uke for some fun as well. We have a new something new this year. We will have Sharon from the "World Famous Tropical Paradise Dancers" ( Yes world famous!! just ask Tiki Trav) will be in to give the little ones some dance lessons.

We will have crafts, coloring, games, and books This will be a family friendly room so come on by with the kids for some fun. We will have cold drinks and a cool place to hang out. Over the last few years we have had a few "Big" kids come in to encourage the young artists and color a few pictures. If you want to drop off the kids for a short time while you shop or visit with friends that's cool too just be sure to talk to one of us and we can work it out. As always this is free activity. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Time for the Special Guests appearances will be posted at TO.

Free free to let us know here if you are planning to drop in. Or you can PM me here if you have other questions.

[ Edited by: tiki teach 2009-08-07 11:07 ]

[ Edited by: tiki teach 2009-08-07 16:32 ]

[ Edited by: tiki teach 2009-08-09 12:56 ]

JL

Great! Our 9 year old, Gwen, will be dropping by throughout the weekend. She's a big fan of King Kukulele and Kinny's coloring pages.

Thanks for setting this up.

I sent a PM but Tucker or BLUE will attend as needed he is 5 and into tikis! He's hit the hukilau a couple times but this is his first Oasis (mee too)

Mahalo for this at an event like this.

B

Vander and Dash will be hanging out there for sure! thanks so much for organizing this once again. YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTEST!

XOXO baby doe

[ Edited by: surfalaia 2009-08-05 07:36 ]

Hello All Time for a "Tiki Tike Playroom" Update.

First off we would like to thank Big Toe and Doug Horne for creating 5 new TO coloring pages. I know that "free time" is hard to come by and want to thank Tom and Doug for creating the new pages.

Ok now for a little " house cleaning". Here is a short list of rules for the Kid's Rooms

Kids room DO's

Come in with your kids and enjoy the crafts and shows.

Free free to bring in lunch or snacks. I like M & M's with Pnuts.

Bring in a beach towel to spread on the ground foe a rest or to watch the shows.

Have fun and be nice.

Kids Room Don't

Use the room as Baby Sitting Service. If you would like to have a little time without the little
ones please talk to me in the room we can work out a little time.

Leave a mess from lunch.

Please note That Tiki Oasis will not responable for your kids while they are in the room.

Easy rules I hope.

Keep your eyes open. We will have a couple special things to tell you all about in the next day or two.

additional KIDS ROOM RULE

Any Child left unattended
in the KIDS ROOM
at the end of the day
will be kidnapped
taken to the Artist Alley
and converted into HOBO SOUP!

this has been a Public Service message....

that last post was a joke....

LOL Hobo stew on an open fire. Mmm Mmm Good!

Our little Milana will stop by to color at some point for sure! Mahalo!

B

We have also extended this room on Saturday night from 4pm-8pm for crafts and music 4pm-6pm and fun kiddo movie (think Nemo) from 6pm-8pm! Thanks Helen for organizing this extended Tiki Tike room!

XOXO Baby Doe

Joey will be by to size up the new Doug Horne and 'Toe pictures. He's all over that LLT, stuff- considered "classic" by 3 year old terms. Thanks, Helen! Great of you to do all this again.

-Andy

This Just In.................

We are pleased to announce that this year Charlie Rose & Dan Peeler will be performing two marionette revues for the kids and families at 10am & 2pm Saturday. Be sure to come in and meet Miss Kitty, Cecil the Scarecrow and Milo Monkey.

To learn more about Charlie & Dan 's and see their art please follow these links:
http://finerworks.com/gallery.asp?U_ID=charliecrose
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25469&id=1190951595&l=75f3fdf495
http://thespacemonkeyshop.bigcartel.com/

W

Our daughter, Taylor, will be there...
~Lisa & Gene

check the top of the page for line up info.

B

We have EXTENDED the hours of this room to 8pm!

Starting at 6pm we will be showing DVDs and having a 'chill room' for the kids!

Stop by!
XO Baby Doe

I know this is for Oasis and thats why we are all going - however if some of with or without kids are doing touristy stuff like for instance Sea world - here is a link to some discounted tickets (and note parking is $10 and I think there is a free shuttle form the Crowne Plaza)
Anyway, the discount where a kid is free with adult ticket seems the best way to go for saving $$$$

check the Mcdonald links - and buy on line (you'll need a printer) I hear the entrance lines CAn be long

http://www.mousesavers.com/seaworldsd.html

SWCFreeKids09, one child (3-9) gets in FREE with purchase of a full price single day adult (10+) admission. (Note there are other "kidless" discounts with this code SWCMCDONALDSSD09 - I think they expire end of September 2009)

Just a thought... I put this near "kids area" as I figured parents may want this more than "others"

Sneakyjack thanks for the heads up. What a great idea.

Be sure to join King Kukulele’s 6th Annual Children’s Tiki Tour.
Meet the talking Tiki’s of Tiki Oasis. Meet The King K & the gang at the car show on Sunday morning at
10am.

S
squid posted on Tue, Aug 11, 2009 9:06 PM

This just in: Unlike last year, The Tikiyaki Orchestra will not be there to make babies cry. :)

S

On 2009-08-11 21:06, squid wrote:
This just in: Unlike last year, The Tikiyaki Orchestra will not be there to make babies cry. :)

Thank heaven for small miracles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75oJfMYQuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t54IPTt0RCk&feature=related

hi, do we know of any baby sitters for the weekend? I have had trouble finding any . if anyone knows of a babysitting service or people available, please let me know, thanks

Amy

I have always thought that it would be cool if some enterprising young people set up a baby sitting service in their family's room for Friday and Saturday nights. Bring a couple of board games and a DVD or something and take in a few kids durning the show and parties. I know I would pay if I still had young ones around.
I would say drop them off in Kinny and Squid's room but they would have them go out to the crowd and bum cigs and pan handle for spare change.

On Behalf of all the kids (we had about 50 kids in and out this year) who came in to the "Tiki Tike's Room" I would like the thank the following:

Dave "Squid" Cohen
Ken Reznic
Doug Horne
Tom " Big Toe" Laura
Charlie Rose
and Dan Peeler
for creating the custom Tiki Oasis Coloring Pages

Sharon and Gary Moffett of The Tropical Paradice Dancers
for the dance lessons
Dan and Charlie of Peeler - Rose-Peeler Productions for the
Marionette Revue

King Kukule for coming in and playing his Uke and
singing with the kids

The good People of Shasta for suppling the cool drinks on
a hot day.

Otto and Baby Doe for keeping in mind the kids need fun and different things to do durning the week end.

And a big THANK YOU to the Tiki Tyke's Room Crew
Paula Frayo
Ilene and Tom Morgan
Helen and Andrew Halmay

Reznic? :lol:
Glad the kids had fun!
Thanks to y'all for thinking of the wee ones!
Between the Kid's Room and King Kukulele's Tiki Tour
you have inspired a whole new generation of Tikitykes!
i usually don't like kids
but seeing Joe (TikiJoe'sPop's kid) doing a james brown break dance knock knock joke performance
i now officially like ONE kid!
:)

Great idea to have us artists donate some art for the little ones. It was fun to see what crayon creations the kids did, some were nice enough to bring them by my booth. Thanks for asking me to donate.

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2009-08-24 16:34 ]

Pages: 1 24 replies