Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

7/24/09 Tikiyaki Orch. SHAG DVD Release Screening-Party Fri. 7/24/09 http://www.magickfilms.com/

Pages: 1 2 50 replies

Magick Films with Murph's Waikiki Womb Present:

The Tikiyaki Orchestra "Stereo Exotique" screening party!

Join Director Scott Mabbutt and friends for a screening of Magick Films soon to be released DVD, the Tikiyaki Orchestra "Stereo Exotique", where Host SHAG takes us through the exotic world of the Tikiyaki Orchestra via a musical documentary Directed by Scott Mabbutt.

When:
Friday July 24th

Time:
Cocktails at 7:00 p.m.
Screening promptly at 8:00 p.m.

Where:
the Waikiki Womb
(the exquisite tiki home bar of TC member Murph)
Glendale, Ca.

Please message me for the address.

Please Join Us!

As always, pupu platters, appetizers, h'orderves, side dishes, rum, lemons and limes are always appreciated.
Casual Tiki attire
Bring a Swim Suit there is a pool. Come on in the water is perfect!

To Purchase the DVD: http://www.magickfilms.com/
PM Joe Banks

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-26 02:05 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-08-03 16:47 ]

JB

Wow...count me in!

I'm in! see ya there! MESSAGE ME for the address Don't forget!

Can't wait 'til Friday!

T

Wow! The only way the Waikiki Womb could get better is with a TIkiyaki Orchestra DVD screening!

Count us in, we'll bring goodies to eat!

CJ

Murph is RAD

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 20, 2009 9:11 PM

On 2009-07-20 17:13, tobunga wrote:
Wow! The only way the Waikiki Womb could get better is with a TIkiyaki Orchestra DVD screening!

It could be better if Tikiyaki was playing. :wink:

J
JOBU posted on Mon, Jul 20, 2009 10:00 PM

AWE MANN!
I'm so bummed I'm going to miss this!
Bobbie and I will be down in San Diego for the Comic Con!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EpLQ5u5Ugo

Murph is the man with the rad tiki pad . I really enjoted being there last week . Im contemplating going to this event as long as everything is ready for my gig the next night . I know where to park now too.

It will be great to see you & Cindy there Ray!

Claudia and I will be there for sure!!! Murph, thanks for creating this hidden paradise that we can escape to!

AF

Whooooooa, sounds great, it's a must go! Congrats Scott, can't wait to see it!
A Frame

Sounds like a great turn out & it will plenty of fun too, munchies Booze & Tikiyaki footage! Don't forget your bathing suit!

P.S. did I mention this is a fantastic Tiki Bar all you Tikiphiles won't want to miss! Bump! yes....it was....

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-22 05:26 ]

Ilene and I will be there. Trader Joe will also make an appearance with his monkey mascot.

How cute! Joe looks like he's off to school already haha...no rush, time goes so quickly as it is whew!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jul 23, 2009 7:46 AM

I had such a wonderful time last week...I'm so there tomorrow too.

Mel and I will be dropping by and checkin' out the movie. Thanks Kevin for hosting us again.

I know Scott has talked about this specific project with me a few times in the past, I've even been present while he's interviewed people with his camera rolling. It's great to know the project is at a stage where its ready to play to an audience. THE audience!

I've been fortunate to watch one of his productions before. What I remember most was the intense passion and creativity and love of the topic evident through out.

Can't wait, counting down the hours til tomorrow.

Magick Films with Murph's Waikiki Womb Present:

The Tikiyaki Orchestra "Stereo Exotique" screening party!

Join Director Scott Mabbutt and friends for a screening of Magick Films soon to be released DVD, the Tikiyaki Orchestra "Stereo Exotique", where Host SHAG takes us through the exotic world of the Tikiyaki Orchestra via a musical documentary Directed by Scott Mabbutt.

When:
Friday July 24th

Time:
Cocktails at 7:00 p.m.
Screening promptly at 8:00 p.m.

Where:
the Waikiki Womb
(the exquisite tiki home bar of TC member Murph)
Glendale, Ca.
PLEASE MESSAGE ME FOR THE ADDRESS!

Please Join Us!

As always, pupu platters, appetizers, h'orderves, side dishes, rum, lemons and limes are always appreciated.
Casual Tiki attire
Bring a Swim Suit there is a pool. Come on in the water is perfect!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-23 13:04 ]

Mrs.Fury & I will be there...

On 2009-07-23 20:16, bongofury wrote:
Mrs.Fury & I will be there...

Yay! We gotta make it out to your place soon Ron! HipHiPaHulA!! See you there :)

T

Yay! Almost screening time!

I've got my swim trunks on already! (for the pool, not the DVD screening)

P

Wish I could be there, but getting there by 8 through Friday traffic from the South Bay, it's just not going to happen.

S
squid posted on Fri, Jul 24, 2009 5:34 PM

On 2009-07-24 16:58, PiPhiRho wrote:
Wish I could be there, but getting there by 8 through Friday traffic from the South Bay, it's just not going to happen.

Second that. Let me know if I say anything really stupid!!
(moderately stupid, I expect already)

Congratulations Scott!

JB

On 2009-07-24 17:34, squid wrote:

Let me know if I say anything really stupid!!
(moderately stupid, I expect already)

Congratulations Scott!

Congratulations to you...(I hear you're quite good in it).

I heard that there was alot of people there. from my undercover spy.
:wink:

wish I could have been there.
But, I've got alot to do, to get ready for sat.
and for the big event the sat after,

can't wait to see this video,

will there be screenings at other venues?

Jeff(btd)

T

Yay!!!

What an awesome turnout! What a great last minute event! MUCHO MAHALOS to Murph for hosting on such short notice!

It was great seeing so many tiki people (like Atomikitty, who has been quite scarce these past few months!)

The DVD is amazing!!! Hey everybody... pick one up as soon as you can!!!

JB

Thank you everyone for coming! What a crowd! Special mahalos to Eric and Kelly for setting this up! Extra special mahalos to Murph for hosting this at his beautiful tropical paradise. In my wildest dreams I could not imagine a more appropriate place to have the premiere. And last, but never least…mucho mahalos to Jim, JonPaul, Marty, Brian, Gus, Gary, Squid…and Shag for all being such great performers! It was my honor to be your documentarian.

[ Edited by: Joe Banks 2009-07-25 12:17 ]

WooooHooooo! What a way to start the weekend - Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo to Murph and the Mrs. for sharing their Tropical Paradise with us. Hiphipahula you are the Mistress of Mixology. Joe Banks...All I can say is that EVERYONE needs a copy of your DVD for their collection :)

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 25, 2009 9:52 AM

T

This was awesome !

Tobunga....great idea !

Thanx Murph and Claudia for being such gracious hosts. HipHipaHula....awesome promo job, and of course, the drinks...always stellar. Let's find you some financing to open your own Tiki Bar !

Joe Banks, thanx for making a killer documentary about the band....still can't believe that anyone would wanna do that :o

Really great turnout, great people, and I ate way too much food.....I think I may have to go easy tonite at Bahooka.

This is turning out to be an amazingly Tiki filled summer.

To quote Crazy Al.....

Aloha Aloha Aloha.....Mahalo Mahalo Mahalo

Yes I agree I think Kelly would do well with her own Tiki Bar. Now who can we get to back it? HMMM.. Awesome drinks last night. Thank you!

I had a blast and the DVD is awesome! Nicely done. So happy to have my own copy I watched it again this morning. It will be a wonderful way to show other non tiki people what the excitement is all about.

Murph your place is amazing. I was glad to finally get my husband out to a Tiki People gathering and what a place to impress him with! Thanks to all who where there for making him feel so at home and showing him the Ohana spirit.

See you all soon!
Carrie

T

Just got back from Bahooka tonight and this is my first chance to get on TC... (technically, it's Sunday already... so much tiki madness, there's hardly time to do anything else but hang out with awesome tiki people!)

Wow! What a great turn out! And what a great DVD! Outstanding job, Scott!

Mahalo to Murph and Claudia for hosting on such short notice!

Please post more pix, people!

I wanted to express my many thanks to Murph and Claudia for inviting us to their Tiki Fabulous home once again, thank you. Director Scott Mabbutt, our own Joe Banks. Congratulations to you on a film well done braddah! I am sure I speak for all of us in attendance when I say we truly enjoyed the film and we wish you much success.
I was approached by Scott and asked if I would publicize this event and was invited by Murph to bartend again at the Waikiki Womb and I am honored, thank you for the opportunity it means a GREAT deal to me. I hope you all enjoyed the cocktails? "HipHip-O-lious!!
We had a head count of just about 60 people but I thought, no way they are not all gonna show up or are they? You all came wow we thank you, YOU made it happen! Ohana indeed! My personal thanks also to my dear friend Trader Tom who needs to open that bar with me. Thanks to Lynn, my newist friend, Dean and all who helped squeeze the next gallons of lemons and limes. Thanks everyone for all the Rums, syrups and delicious food too. The Boys of Tikiyaki, Thank you Gentlemen for all you do and your contributions.

I sure hope to see some pictures posted soon.

If you would like to purchase a copy of The Tikiyaki Orchestra "StereoExotique" DVD you may do so here:

http://www.magickfilms.com/
http://dionysusrecords.com/home/
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=107482909845&h=1DCEI&u=ZKOfP&ref=nf

On Tiki Central: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33260&forum=12&hilite=StereoExotique

Availible also at Tiki Oasis! Please check out the Tikiyaki Vending Booth!

The Tikiyaki Booth, please visit it while at "Oasis" they will have their old and NEW Cd,"Swing Sounds for the Jungle Jetset" all NEW Tee Shirts and also will be stocking Magick Films, Tikiyaki Orchestra "StereoExotique" Join your host, SHAG, as he takes you on an exotic musical journey with The Tikiyaki Orchestra performing in some of the Western Mainland's most sensational Polynesian palaces! Directed by Scott Mabbutt.

THANK YOU AGAIN OHANA! The "StereoExotique" screening party at the "Waikiki Womb" was a Gas, Gas, Gas!

(Gate of the Waikiki Womb) Passion Flower

"Waikiki Womb Gallons Gone" - 40 gallons

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-26 16:52 ]

JB

On 2009-07-26 15:55, Hiphipahula wrote:

"Waikiki Womb Gallons Gone" - 40 gallons

We were kinda thirsty.

Mahalo for sharing your place. Really liked the map of the Hawaiian Islands painted in the deck around the pool. Good food, drinks, people, and video.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jul 27, 2009 8:43 AM

Aloha Ohana!

Thanks Kevin, Thanks Claudia, Thanks Kelly, Thanks Eric, Thanks Scott, Thanks Mel, Thanks ..., ..., ..., :)

Had a great time last Friday evening - need I say more?

Friday July 24, 2009 @ Waikiki Womb: WISH YOU WERE HERE!

Thanks! Bewitched By Tiki for the pic - G

[ Edited by: TikiG 2009-07-27 09:46 ]

M

Thanks everyone for coming out in support of Scott's DVD.
The TC support for a fellow member was unbelievable.
Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Friends, Great New Friends all this excellent Karma
should send this DVD over the top!

Special thanks to bartenders extraordinaire Kelly and Tom!

On a side note.

A few lost and found items:

1. One set of uber cool shades.
  2. One pair of flip flops (dude your feet stink!)
  3. One pair bright tropical print speedos (these might be Kirbys)
  4. One kid's pool safety floaty ring.
  5. One small child (was kinda cute in the beginning but is becoming a pain in the ass now.)

so if you're missing any of these items contact the girls at the Waikiki Womb front desk and ask for Lost and Found.

On 2009-07-27 10:46, Murph wrote:

1. One pair bright tropical print speedos

Does the lost and found have some sort of dispersal program for unclaimed goods after they remain there for a certain number of days?

And, are they clean?

Buzzy Out!

Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Friends, Great New Friends all this excellent Karma

On a side note.

5. One small child (was kinda cute in the beginning but is becoming a pain in the ass now.)

so if you're missing any of these items contact the girls at the Waikiki Womb front desk and ask for Lost and Found.

Those are Kirby's Speedos! I saw him earlier in them,or Grog's? Grog wear Speedo, anyway they both were wearing them..ummm?... thank god you found them though! Maybe return them to the Rumpus Room :D

M
Murph posted on Mon, Jul 27, 2009 3:28 PM

On 2009-07-27 11:15, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Does the lost and found have some sort of dispersal program for unclaimed goods after they remain there for a certain number of days?

And, are they clean?

If no DNA match comes up on the skid mark samples they're all yours.

I'll even nuke them in the microwave for you. :D

M
Murph posted on Mon, Jul 27, 2009 3:29 PM

On 2009-07-27 15:04, Hiphipahula wrote:

On a side note.

Those are Kirby's Speedos! I saw him earlier in them,or Grog's? Grog wear Speedo, anyway they both were wearing them..ummm?... thank god you found them though! Maybe return them to the Rumpus Room :D

Did anyone get any pictures? On second thought... Never Mind. :D

First of all I want to thank Kelly for inviting me..I was trully amazed by the very cool
house and the history behind all the historic homes in the area.Secondly I want to thank
Kevin and Claudia for their gracious hospitality and swank tiki room .Thirdly I want to
thank my date for flaking out and not coming, I had fun without you.The new DVD was great,
and no better place to show case, then at this very cool house.Congrats to Jim , John Paul
and and all the members of TO - the DVD was a blast to watch.Scott you did an amazing job
on the DVD, and you should be proud of your efforts and the end results .I know alot of
time and hard work went into producing this.Aframe nice to meet you and chat with you.
BTW I heard the plantation style house where they shot "Gone with the Wind" is located
up by the Waikiki womb...amazing !!

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2009-07-27 16:40 ]

AF

Just signed on...Wow, GROG might say "Waikiki Womb Wonderful" and he'd be right on! Murph and Claudia, Mahalo for being such great hosts. You've created a coolest Tiki Oasis of your own. Scott, the DVD is outstanding. All the work and fun put into it allows everyone to get into Tikiyaki, congratulations to you and the band! How could I forget Kelly and those drinks, awesome! Also big thanks for everyone that provided the good eats! Good times, good times...

Aloha, A frame

1. One kid's pool safety floaty ring.
  2. One small child (was kinda cute in the beginning but is becoming a pain in the ass now.)

The floaty ring is mine. You can keep the child!

Actually Joe is really a gremlin. He duplicates when introduced to water.

So, what you have there is a copy. Feel free to keep him and put him to work squeezing lemons and limes for the next party. They have nimble little fingers and are good at it.

Just don't feed him after midnight!

Seriously, though, thanks for having us all over. It was a blast!

"The floaty ring is mine. You can keep the child! "

Good times! Thanks Tom again.

Hey where's the rest of the pictures? Thanks again all & especially those who made the longer drives, Ron, Chris & Karen, Danny, great to see you too... post the photos! :D

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Jul 31, 2009 7:31 AM

Post more pics? Here 'ya go...

Mel enjoys a delicious refreshment

Kirby and Polly arrive

Just the beginning..

Sign to all points beyond the Waikiki Womb

Have one...they're great

Inspection of the islands

Jim Tikiyaki enjoys the pool

All watching Scott's Tikiyaki Orchestra documentary

Come on in - the water's fine

TikiG with Mai Tai and Ducky

Mood lighting reflected on the water

Playing with the dogs

Thanks to Mel for these wonderful shots. Anyone else posting pics?

Post away! Thanks Mel!

Have you purchased your Tikiyaki DVD yet?

Pages: 1 2 50 replies