Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Derek Yaniger Pieces from Comic-Con

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

Here're some scans of some Derek Yaniger items I picked up over the weekend at Comic-Con. The "V is for Virgin" piece is an original & the other two are mini serigraphs.

Derek is a great guy & he had tons of work for sale, both prints & originals, and his 3-D Acryligraphs had to be seen to be believed.

Enjoy!

T

I just got his new book, and it is awesome! His little captions with each artwork is really funny the more you read, you get a real sense of his personality!

Must see photos of Acryligraph??? what is this?

T

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the Acryligraphs so I'll have to describe them as best I can. Picture four levels of clear acrylic each printed with a different image that when stacked & spaced apart & placed within a frame form one 3-D image. I know that's not a great description but trust me, they look great.

By the way, TikiTony, hope to see you at the Tonga Hut this Saturday. Those tiki mugs you've posted look pretty cool!

I got a few prints there too--I did not expect him to be there! I was super excited when I saw a flyer seeing as he won't be at Oasis!

a couple more not already pictured....

Pages: 1 4 replies