Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Ebay Auction - Original Red Velvet Hibiscus Painting

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hello - this is my new oil on velvet painting titled "Red Velvet Hibiscus." It measures 11" X 14" and comes with the pictured frame. Black velvet is double spray mounted to Bristol board. 3M Command Strips are included for easy, safe wall mounting. Shipping is free in the continental US.

No muss, no fuss - just stick it on the damn wall and you're done!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110418933993

Thanks for looking.

RH

Uh-oh, no comments. I guess nobody's diggin' this one. Too bad, I think it is probably the most beautiful thing I've done.

P
pdrake posted on Sat, Aug 1, 2009 9:12 PM

i like it. maybe a bit more translucentsy and sub surface scattering on the petals.

I think it's ABSOLUTELY beautiful!

RH

Thanks guys, I feel the love again!!

I kinda cheated and gave the flower a last coat of cadmium a couple of days ago, and now it looks noticably better than the pic! It looks absolutely delicious, I don't believe it's mine.

I really love this! I would so bid on it if I didn't have all my extra tiki money tied up in our tiki road trip and Tiki Oasis. Will you be paining more hibiscus? I'd love to get one in the future.

TL

You KNOW that I love anything you do, Rob!

True to form, this is Gorgeous!!!

You are the MASTER of black velvet!!!!!!!!! Before you I thought Black Velvet was TACKY,but you do it with such minimal layering and maximum shading that in looks calm and peaceful............. You are the ONLY black velvet I would buy!!!!!!!!

M

Terrrrrrrrific!
Goodness, I hope I can make it home tonight before this one ends! Been watching it but somehow I forgot to place my bid last night (too much beer with the boys :wink:). A pity I can't access ebay at work :x

RH

Big thanks, guys.

I guess auctioning this so close to oasis wasn't a good idea!

Kupcake - I have another in the oven right now. I hope I don't have two tomorrow!!

RH

Yeah, it sold! Even better, it sold to someone cool.

Thanks everyone.

V

it's a truly beautiful piece of art. Bravo Robb.

YAY! it sold!

Congrats Robb!
hope this is encouraging enough to paint a whole series of flowers!

Robb,your work is incredible,and a great interview on the Quiet Village!!

M

Glad to hear it is sold! The hotel I'm staying in had some serious network problems so I had to let this one pass. But I'm sure there are many more flowers in your head just waiting to be painted by the master of velvets.

Pages: 1 15 replies