Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

August 13 Tiki Oasis Open Air Bus Shuttle: Free Drink Offer!

Pages: 1 20 replies

Aloha everyone! We can't wait to see all of you next Thursday, 8/13 on our fun "Open Air Double Decker Bus Shuttle" running from the Crowne Plaza Hotel to the Bali Hai! And to make things more tasty.. The Pearl Hotel is offering a FREE MAI TAI to the first 30 people who sign up for our 4:30pm shuttle! And that's not all.. if you take advantage of this offer and check out The Pearl Hotel on your way to the Bali Hai Restaurant, they'll also throw in some dinner special offers. Tix are going fast so sign up NOW. Email us at [email protected] for more info and specify which shuttle time you're interested in.

In the meantime, don't forget to check out our one-on-one interview with OTTO on "Travel Like a Local!" http://signonradio.com/programs/travel-like-a-local

Warmest Aloha, Where You Want To Be Tours, Inc.

Is there any way to get this shuttle to make a few passes to the Freaky Boutiki Gallery during the weekend?
The Tiki magazine #rd Annual Tiki Island exhibition is there
and there's a LOT of great "Gallery-worthy" work from a BUNCH of the vendors and a few Heroes of the Scene
from across the country and globe!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33271&forum=17&start=0

Here's a list of some of the artists....
PAIPO, MARK SWANSON, BENZART, DREW BROPHY, SQUID, VIN MAN, MIEKO, BABALU, MUNKTIKI, ATOMIKITTY, HEADHUNTER, BOSKO, KINNY RUZIC, ERIK THE RED, BOWANA, BIG TOE, WAHINE TONI, 4WDTIKI, HODAD HANK, TIKI OMAR, THE FINKNIKS, BOB HO, PAISLEY, JOHN PAUL BALAK & more...

Here;s the address....
FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY
3740.5 Mission Blvd
Mission Beach CA 92109
(858) 488 4924

sooooo...Is there any way to get this shuttle to make a few passes to the Freaky Boutiki Gallery during the weekend?
Please? Pretty Pleeeeeeeeeeease?

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 2:01 PM

I have to agree with Kinny on this one...this is one of those stops that should not be missed by Oasis folks.

Hank even has a place right in front of the Gallery for a convenient bus stop... You should really consider... this is one "HOT" Show.

T

Ditto...

Freaky Boutiki is "the shizzle"....as the kids say.

Lotsa good stuff and Aloha at the Freaky Boutiki.

Coolest store in SoCal !

R

I vote Yay! Stopping at Kinny's and Hank's would be fun for the whole family!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 2:36 PM

A stop at the boutiki gallery is a must.It has a great collection that is relevant to what tiki art is right now,with the best artists around.It would be a big mistake to pass it by...kirby

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 2:36 PM

Not tiki but - just down the road from the Freaky Boutiki Gallery is one of America's best examples of fantasy architecture..the Belmont Park 'Giant Dipper' wooden roller coaster. No visit to Mission Beach is complete without at least one spin on this 1925 vintage monster. Oh yeah, its a stand-alone attraction, no theme park admission fee is required to get to the coaster entrance. Park and ride, baby..park and ride!

The link below leads you to Belmont Park's Thursday discount coupon. Print & save!

http://www.belmontpark.com/sites/default/files/couponsbelmont_august.pdf

I mention this not as spam but as a cool thing to check-out while in Mission Beach.
And, yeah, there's cool stuff for the little kids at Belmont Park as well.

R

On 2009-08-05 13:52, little lost tiki wrote:
Is there any way to get this shuttle to make a few passes to the Freaky Boutiki Gallery during the weekend?
The Tiki magazine #rd Annual Tiki Island exhibition is there
and there's a LOT of great "Gallery-worthy" work from a BUNCH of the vendors and a few Heroes of the Scene
from across the country and globe!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33271&forum=17&start=0

Here's a list of some of the artists....
PAIPO, MARK SWANSON, BENZART, DREW BROPHY, SQUID, VIN MAN, MIEKO, BABALU, MUNKTIKI, ATOMIKITTY, HEADHUNTER, BOSKO, KINNY RUZIC, ERIK THE RED, BOWANA, BIG TOE, WAHINE TONI, 4WDTIKI, HODAD HANK, TIKI OMAR, THE FINKNIKS, BOB HO, PAISLEY, JOHN PAUL BALAK & more...

Here;s the address....
FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY
3740.5 Mission Blvd
Mission Beach CA 92109
(858) 488 4924

sooooo...Is there any way to get this shuttle to make a few passes to the Freaky Boutiki Gallery during the weekend?

!!!

PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEZE

CAN THERE BE A STOP OVER AT FREAKY BOUTIKI?

THAT WOULD BE SO EPIC AND AMAZING :D

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 3:46 PM

bump bump bump!

it is an amazing venue and show!!! u could drop the bus right in from and let folks run in for an hour. WELL worth the ride out to PB!

B
Bowana posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 4:32 PM

Holy cow, there's the Freaky Boutiki Gallery!
Stop the bus! Stop the bus!
:)

B

I Agree, Please schedule your tour busses to stop At this New Tiki Freak Art Gallery. I Promise all your Bus Riders will Thank you Big Time for the extra stop.
Thanks!
BenZart

This sounds like a perfect way for those who want to see the show and want to relax aka have drinks early and be DD'd. Would be rad if it happens. I took the open air DD/DD Bus with Holden to the Bali Hai 3 years ago. It was great! But, with stops like the Freaki Tiki Art Show, it would be awesome!!!!

Below are the shuttle times. Sign up by Tues Aug 11th
and you will be entered to win some excellent Tiki Magazine prizes!

Sign-up for our Shuttle to the Bali Hai Restaurant!
$16 round trip - less than a taxi ride to Shelter Island
On Thursday August 13th, enjoy a fun Open-Air Double Decker bus from the Crowne Plaza to the Bali Hai. Depending on traffic, all shuttles should take approximately 30 minutes, so give yourself plenty of time if you have dinner reservations!
Email [email protected] to reserve a seat.
Shuttles will leave the Crown Plaza Hotel at
430 pm
6:15 pm
7:15 pm
8:15 pm
Return shuttles from the Bali Hai will leave at
645pm
745pm
845pm
945pm
1045pm,
1145pm
1230am.
Sign-up now and get a complimentary mai tai!
Contact [email protected] for more info on the credit card purchase and our Rent a Local Tiki Tours. Checks must be received before August 9th -
Where You Want To Be Tours 255 G Street # 716
San Diego CA 92101. Tickets for the bus will also be sold in the hotel lobby from 4:30 PM – 6:15 PM.
New Tiki Bar Stop: The bus will stop briefly at the Pearl Hotel in Point Loma. The 1st 30 people to buy the $16 shuttle tickets will receive a complimentary mai tai at the Pearl Hotel. The Pearl will also being doing Dinner Deals all on Aug 13th.
The bus will stop at the Pearl on the 4:30pm and 6:15pm runs.

Soooo.... will there be a special stop for the Freaky Boutiki Art show??

or do we have to hi-jack the driver?

Arrrrrrrrrr!!!

Thanks for the Love and Aloha there buddy!
i say we give MR. "let's not even respond to the NUMEROUS requests with even a word" the brushoff..
I'll go get my free Mai-Tai elsewhere

Here's a possible plan that would spare us having to exert the effort for a bloody Mutiny coup ...
and possible weekend long incarceration..

hear me out,kids...
Maybe we can caravan up to the Freaky Boutiki
a couple of vehicles...
Parking at the Hanalei is $12
sooooo,that just means if 4-6 people were in a car
we could scrape up $20 between us all
for re-paying the Hanalei parking fee for whoever drives
gas and any parking meter stuff near the Freaky Boutiki..
we plan to meet back at a certain time
and shuffle on back...
aaaaaaaaaand there's a roller coaster down the block
aaaaaaaaaand maybe a TILT-A-WHIRL!?????

All i know is i gotta make that SHOW!
and you should too!
so much awesome work!

thanks

R

On 2009-08-06 08:05, little lost tiki wrote:
Thanks for the Love and Aloha there buddy!
i say we give MR. "let's not even respond to the NUMEROUS requests with even a word" the brushoff..
I'll go get my free Mai-Tai elsewhere

Here's a possible plan that would spare us having to exert the effort for a bloody Mutiny coup ...
and possible weekend long incarceration..

hear me out,kids...
Maybe we can caravan up to the Freaky Boutiki
a couple of vehicles...
Parking at the Hanalei is $12
sooooo,that just means if 4-6 people were in a car
we could scrape up $20 between us all
for re-paying the Hanalei parking fee for whoever drives
gas and any parking meter stuff near the Freaky Boutiki..
we plan to meet back at a certain time
and shuffle on back...
aaaaaaaaaand there's a roller coaster down the block
aaaaaaaaaand maybe a TILT-A-WHIRL!?????

All i know is i gotta make that SHOW!
and you should too!
so much awesome work!

thanks

TILT-A-WHIRL?!

YESYESYES!

Last time we headed to hankys for the chop and we drove by that amusement park and I wanted to go so bad!

So if this whole shuttle thing becomes a fail, then I am up for being the driver again. Tell squid my car dun rattle anymore so he'll be safe :lol:

We're gonna need UNdrunk Drivers there,homeslice...

R

On 2009-08-06 08:59, little lost tiki wrote:
We're gonna need UNdrunk Drivers there,homeslice...

I'll be UNdrunk, nerd.

S
squid posted on Thu, Aug 6, 2009 12:27 PM

On 2009-08-06 07:50, RevBambooBen wrote:
Soooo.... will there be a special stop for the Freaky Boutiki Art show??

or do we have to hi-jack the driver?

Arrrrrrrrrr!!!

I believe some gentle persuasion might be in order.

Remember the last driver that didn't want to stop at Freaky Boutiki?

Thor took care of him real good! :)

P-P-PLEEEEAAASE Stop at the Freaky Boutiki!

On 2009-08-11 09:38, hodadhank wrote:
After an unprecedented visit by not one but TWO Menkins I have been assured an actual Wheretour (which sadly has precious little to do with werewolves) will finally be stopping at my little old shop.

We've been talking about a stop here for years. I even had lapulapus and snackies ready for the gaggle of promised "wheretourists" we all expected one year. We excitedly borrowed a booze dispenser from Onatiki & Moki for that one, but the bus must have zoomed directly to Partysupplyland instead... so I've taken everything a single Menkin says with a grain of salt since, much like a thimble sized margarita.

I'd begun to think these magical busses were actually fanciful tales to keep children on their toes like the legend of the Chupacabra or the Sasquach, but a promise from TWO MENKINS??? Unheard of. I'm gonna have to take that as gospel and trust Lucy hold that football for me one more time.

(Of course this tour doesn't involve a bus at all.)

However you get to FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY the artwork is well worth the effort. Some of your favorite artists are on hand (well their work at least) and we're very proud to be hosting the American gallery debut of PAIPO! Carpool hitchhike or taxi to the Wheretour special meeting place and the Menkin's will lead you from there. You might even pass HodadHank's hidden Mint Marq or Guava Beach's Mellow Moai on your adventure...

While in Historic Mission Beach, since you don't have to race back to a waiting bus, you might want to enjoy a ride on the historic Giant Dipper roller coaster ar take a giant dip in the historic Pacific Ocean.

Mahalo Menkins and wheretours for finally putting us on the map... uh there is a map isn't there? Just in case here's one from map quest... We're only about ten minutes away from the Hanalei.(unless you're hitchhiking).
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=San+Diego&1s=CA&1a=2270+Hotel+Circle+North&1z=92108&2c=San+Diego&2s=CA&2a=3742+Mission+Blvd&2z=92109

Pages: 1 20 replies