Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Seattle - Saturday Aug 15 - The Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge

Pages: 1 17 replies

Sorry about the duplicate post, but I thought I should probably move this out of "California Events."

The Voodoo Punch is calling YOU ....

Party Details
Tour the Voodoo Lounge
Facebook

[ Edited by: monkeyskull 2009-08-04 21:31 ]

[ Edited by: 2009-08-12 21:29 ]

S

I will be there to drink all the voodoo punch...

Looking forward to the Party. I haven't had a decent nap in almost a year. Any new mugs I should know about??

P

From the dark, dank ,distant,evil infested jungle undergrowth, the pulse of pagan drumbeats invoke the "Poi Dog" inhabitants, who whisper.."debacle, hoo-doo ,doo doo ,whokum? We doo!"

Great Website...won't be there, but I'll try to wear a fez and think of flying monkees that night...in honor of your event!!!

Bump.

Never mind the Oasis, here's your three-day warning about a Pacific Northwest Voodoo Front moving in. And experts have confirmed that the voodoo expected to hit the shores of the Puget Sound this Saturday night will be accompanied by the sound of Banzai Surf!

7 PM???

Where will I drink until the party starts?

**BUY DESIGNER PURSES, SHOES, HAMSTER CAGES, CLOTHES, AND LUGGAGE CHEAP!!!

PRADA, GUUCI, LILOTI, LOUIS VUITTON, COACH!!!

LOW PRICES!!! REAL LOOKING GOODS!!! REALITY GUARANTEED UNTIL FIRST SIP!!! GENUINE DESIGNER SHOES, LUGGAGE, CONCEALED WEAPON'S PERMITS, SCARVES, EYE GLASSES!!!!

APPLE IPHONE, IPOD, BLACKBERRY, FUN FOR YOUNG AND OLD!!! SEE THE DIVING PIGS, ZUNE, SOUND DESIGN, GPX, LLOYDS!!!**

On 2009-08-14 10:00, woofmutt wrote:

LOW PRICES!!! REAL LOOKING GOODS!!! REALITY GUARANTEED UNTIL FIRST SIP!!! GENUINE DESIGNER SHOES, LUGGAGE, CONCEALED WEAPON'S PERMITS, SCARVES, EYE GLASSES!!!!

APPLE IPHONE, IPOD, BLACKBERRY, FUN FOR YOUNG AND OLD!!! SEE THE DIVING PIGS, ZUNE, SOUND DESIGN, GPX, LLOYDS!!!**

WOW!! I've been looking for all of this and more!!! Please immediately send me one of everything. Below
is my credit card information. Please keep my credit card on file for future purchases.

Thank you!!

Visa
2341 5459 2844 5640
Expiration 09/12
security code 2240

P

On 2009-08-14 10:00, woofmutt wrote:

WANT ALL THE ABOVE FOR TO TRADE WITH ALENA BORED GIRL TONIGHT LOVE YOU LONG TIME BIG BOY WANGERLONGER?

me want shoes me want all clothes for my doggy. Please write a check and deposit into mr.barunda's account. mrs. barunda begs you for these items.

(Any similarities to any real persons living or dead is strictly coincidental.)

On 2009-08-15 08:57, monkeyskull wrote:

(Any similarities to any real persons living or dead is strictly coincidental.)

For a minute I thought this was refering to me and misses, but I actually encourage the wife
to consume as many Voodoo punches as possible because of it's magical powers to make undergarments
fall off.

"...(Voodoo Punch's) magical powers to make undergarments
fall off."

Oh, OK, now I get why everyone kept calling you "Pantsless Paul" after one of Pete's parties I didn't attend.

Memory is hazy.

I recall observing that Mrs. Riviera doesn't like Mr. Riviera dancing with other boys even if the other guy is the host of the party. (Though the rest of the world has forgot it the Lamabada apparently remains "the forbidden dance" in the Riviera household.)

This year's Voodoo Punch was so strong it was only served in this size glass:

There was much of the usual conversation and hilarity that typically happen whenever Northwesterners and their giant brains get together. (I'd share some insights but you wouldn't get it.)

Then some sorta weird music and chanting began and I heard screams along the lines of "No! No! Oh God no!" and people were running everywhere and leaping in the koi pond and there was much confusion. I assumed something naked was happening but soon realized it was much more strange and horrific than _______ and ________ running around pantsless. (Look at that Ivan and Larry, I kept your identities a secret like I said I would.)

It was utter chaos and all I can really recall is the music, chanting, and screaming. But I apparently snapped some pictures:

I heard something on the news this morning about a mysterious "smoking pit" that opened up last night on a block in north Seattle so I suspect the worst.

Once again, another stellar party, hosted by Pete, the sanguine master of all things feztastic! great surf music, and
such a happily semi coherent and diverse group of great folks,blissfully afloat on a small inland sea of Voodoo punch..The folks at tiki oasis missed out! Don't worry we drank and partyed enough to make up for your absense!
MEGA MAHALOZ, PETE!

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-08-16 10:40 ]

Pete~ the party was fantastic! the band ROCKED.

our host:

giant baby

Feztastic bearer of beverages!!

you know how it ends:

more pix here, cuz im too lazy to upload..
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/etamburine/09%20ITD%20Party/

The true mark of any good party guest is giving constructive feedback to the host, which
will help said host improve the "party experience" for future attendees. Here is my humble
critique of the 2009 party. If every attendee gives feedback, in just a few short years this
will be the best party ever!

Highs:
The snacks were excellent! Perfectly salted pretzels and mixed nuts displayed beautifully in
round tuperware containers. The chips were sublime, both the traditional variety and the
tortilla based assortment. Plenty of standing room and a nice selection of seating options.
The communal commode with working Moai fountain in the middle was delightful, although slightly
awkward for females. The lilac scented potpourri provided a luxurious and exotic aroma!

Lows:
Unintended pregnancies directly resulting from party = 0. Steamy bathroom trysts = 4. The median
is 9, unsure why the large decline, perhaps Voodoo punch cut with Gatorade because of current
economy? Very few vantage points from which one can inconspicuously inspect cleavage. Stood by
front door to collect $5 cover, only made $82, barely covered babysitter, dinner and gas.
Only three tiki mugs as door prizes!?! This created resentment amongst the Portland faction.
Attempts to appease them with shots of Jagermeister proved mostly successful.

Conclusion:
Monkeyskull providing free food and beverage to anyone who visits the Voodoo lounge once a
year is a noble endeavor. Clearly though, the Female faction is highly underrepresented and
should be remedied by any means necessary (craigslist, lust lab, Dancing Bear, Aurora Ave).
Until this is rectified, my attendance cannot be guaranteed. Perhaps a party planning
committee is in order??

Pages: 1 17 replies