Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

here it is!! thor rum painting of marina at wreck bar!! for raffle at oasis!!! good luck!

Pages: 1 35 replies

T

If you are not aware of what this applies to, see Kari's thread that announced this raffle for Marina and to win this sketch done with rum as the medium!! It smells so good it will make ya REAL thirsty!! I had fun burnin' this out! I tell ya though, rum ain't easy to paint with!! It fights ya like a cheeky British wench being netted and hoisted a midships! I used half a bottle of flame reduced 151 Lemon Hart and about 1/4 bottle of Cruzan Navy Blackstrap Rum. So, the paint wasn't cheap!! (Ya..I drank a wee too!)

Thanks for the ones who supported this so far! Thanks MARINA TOO for holdin' yer breath long enough for me to paint this lil' thing! There MAY be time left to win this still. We have done well! Here is my contribution in RUM as promised. Put this behind glass and in a nice frame that looks like the aged wood of the wreck Bar's interior and this is a really fine relic!! If Marina cannot make it to Oasis, We will show this at Oasis and then Matt this piece and send it to Florida for Marina to sign as well. I will be personally dedicating on the Matt too...then we will ship the result to the raffle winner as promised. See the thread that started this here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32838&forum=17&hilite=thor

~~THOR

[ Edited by: thor's 2009-08-09 14:40 ]

wow

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 12:58 PM

Nice!!!!

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 1:02 PM

Thanks Ernie!!! It's a little loose...but hell , it's rum!! HAaaa LOve your pig by the way!!!

L

Holy crap that is awesome!

Has Mariana seen this?? Incredible THOR !!

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2009-08-09 13:14 ]

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 1:39 PM

Haaa No surf!! I have been so dang busy with shrunken heads and other art I just knuckled down and spent into the wee hours doing this last night. (the rum was out..so I just lit it and grabbed a brush!! I just wrote her to let her know!! I am not sure if we reached enough to get her to Oasis...but it wil all go to her for her trip promised next year if not.

Kari or I will draw for the raffle at Oasis! I think Kari should cuz between shrinking heads and rum soaked fingers, she has a purdier hand to reach into the basket!!

Fantastic painting, Tom. That's one tipsy canvas. Congrats~ Can't wait to see what Marina thinks!

-Andy

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 7:01 PM

Thanks Andy!! It may be lickable!! Take that Willy Wonka!!! Sorry Marina! I mean that in the utmost respect!!! Come to think of it...I agree with Willy!! "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker!"

K
KuKu posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 7:23 PM

NICE Tom!
I gotta try to win this as it will go great with my Hookalau Bubble Bar and Oyster's Pearl THOR originals. Hey get Marina a plane ticket and she can stay with The Oasis Tiki Underground...

gorgeous!

S
squid posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 8:12 PM

My entries are rigged to win :) ....right?... hello???... Tom??? ...is this thing on???

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 8:28 PM

Ofcourse Dave!! lol I put tacky glue on your raffle ticket and it's sure to stick to Kari's fingers and produce a "RANDOM' win!! Tee heee ( Man if you do win I am in BIG Dutch here on TC now!)

Good Luck Bruddah! You too Kinney!!

Great Painting Thor, absolutely stunning.
I hope I win.
I bought 2 raffle tix.

Jeff(btd)

T

Jeff!!

I hope so toooo!!! Just don't light a match until this is framed behind glass!!! It's like a scratch and sniff rum explosion a waitin' to happen!!! HAaaahhhhhhhaaaaa

Well, this is the first time I have laid eyes on Thor's latest rummy masterpiece and... auwe no ho'i e!! Makes me wish I could enter this raffle! But I can't, since I'm one of the organizers! (Thor being the other evil mastermind behind this plan to help out our fishtailed friend, Marina.)

Hey Ohana, we're still keeping this raffle going for a few more days! I will be arriving at Tiki Oasis late Friday night, and will bring raffle tickets with me. Thor will be too busy selling his fabulous shrunken heads and his other glorious merchandise, so if you want to buy raffle tickets FIND ME AT TIKI OASIS on Friday night or Saturday. Or, you can send me a check in overnight mail (so I get it by this Thursday).

Questions? P.M. me here on Tiki Central.

The drawing will take place sometime Saturday afternoon and the winner will be announced and/or phone called.

Aloha nui loa to all who have supported this good cause for great art raffle.

~ Kari

Well, this is the first time I have laid eyes on Thor's latest rummy masterpiece and... auwe no ho'i e!! Makes me wish I could enter this raffle! But I can't, since I'm one of the organizers! (Thor being the other evil mastermind behind this plan to help out our fishtailed friend, Marina.)

Hey Ohana, we're still keeping this raffle going for a few more days! I will be arriving at Tiki Oasis late Friday night, and will bring raffle tickets with me. Thor will be too busy selling his fabulous shrunken heads and his other glorious merchandise, so if you want to buy raffle tickets FIND ME AT TIKI OASIS on Friday night or Saturday. Or, you can send me a check in overnight mail (so I get it by this Thursday).

Questions? P.M. me here on Tiki Central.

The drawing will take place sometime Saturday afternoon and the winner will be announced and/or phone called.

Aloha nui loa to all who have supported this good cause for great art raffle.

~ Kari

S
squid posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 11:28 PM

On 2009-08-09 20:28, THOR's wrote:

Good Luck Bruddah! You too Kinney!!

Who the f&*$ is Kinney? And how much did HE pay you?

T

Why stuttering stone fish!! Karianna said that twice!! Which means WE MEAN BUSINESS (not Monkey) HERE!! HAaaaaar If ya haven't yet..buy that ticket!!! The odds are not that high and I swears ya...lick this paintin' and you will not need to go to a room crawl, NO HOW and I bet my good eye at that!!
Ohh and Kari..I will paint ya in rum too...no worries...just get into yer best wenchy pose and hoist me a grin and I will light up the 151 before you can slip a whoopey cushin under Hassan's Bahooka booth!!

You don't want to know what Kinny did, Dave. Really. You don't.

Hoist yer kimono, Tom. Thar be squalls ahead. (I have no idea what that means, but it sounds delightfully smutty.)

~ Kari

T

Kinney? You know!! His other A.K.A is like.."Lil'Lust Pee Pee" or sumpin'!

T

HAAAA I am a hoistin' the Kimono!!! Thank God it's summer weather! Is it really a full moon?

Apparently at YOUR house it is, Tom!

T

Throw me a beach ball and we will make an eclipse sure as day!!!

The light! So bright it burns my eyes! Ahhhh!

WOAH!!!
OMIGOSH!!!!
I'M COMPLETELY SPEECHLESS- The Rum Painting is AMAZING!!!!
What a beautiful tribute to such a beloved bar- I'm so honored.

Thank you so much to THOR and Kari (you two are such grand forces of tiki ohana) as well as to all of you Tiki Centralites for all your amazing enthusiasm and for so kindly taking part in such a generous gesture!

I'm floored beyond explanation. Deeply touched. Happy sigh.. .gosh, I love you guys...

I certainly kept my fins crossed regarding the opportunity to attend Oasis with you all for the first time in 2009.
Alas, economic choppy seas have it very difficult to come out this year for Oasis. Some great money was raised, but not quite enough... rest assured, the clams collected will placed in my underwater treasure box so that I may swim up to Oasis next year when life's seas become calmer.

In the meantime, I can hardly wait to see who gets to take my "Rummy Doppelganger" home with them!

Again, my most heartfelt thanks to all of you absolutely priceless Tikiphile Nutters.

I WILL "SEA" YOU NEXT YEAR!!!

Ah~ mahalo, Mahalo,MAHALO!!

Your Mai Tai Wahine O Ke Kai

Marina

T

THANKS SOOOOOooOOOO much Marina!!

Well in this deal we may not get ya here this year but I tell ya..NEXT YEAR we will dig a hole in the lawn at the pool side and pop in a BIG viewing portal and see ya do that thing ya do!!

This has been a really great venture and way to work together as Ohana here. What goes around comes around...and the more we do this here the more we all start vibrating in our flip-flops with the energy and fun. I gladly donated this rum painting for this cause and really enjoyed the fun!..I mean RUM...no..I mean FUN! I do wish we all got to see ya this year, but this economy is a beach! We sold pretty well but we did fall short of enough to transport a mermaid 3,000 miles..give or take a swimming pool. NO WORRIES!! The money goes into your Oasis treasure chest for safe keepin'! We will see ya next year with SHELLS ON!!

I want to thank all that pitched in here or who still may before the drawing Saturday. I appreciate the aloha spirit dearly as well. For this year, we have a rum painting with Marina peeking at us from the timeless waters of the "Wreck Bar". May the best Tikifite WIN!!! See ya all at the Oasis!!

[ Edited by: THOR's  2009-08-11 19:09 ]

I second what Thor says. And we hope that what we've done will encourage others to give back and help out in creative ways. Tom (Thor) came up with idea to create a painting to raffle off. I banged the jungle drum to get people to buy tickets. Teamwork, people.

And if any of you are still interested in entering this raffle, come and find me Friday night or Saturday during the day. Someone can usually point me out... "Hey, do you know where that Tiki Magazine writer wahine is?" They'll either stare at you like you're crazy or they'll point you in the direction of a brunette with a camera around her neck.

Mahalo again to everyone who has bought tickets so far and has cheered this thing on. See you all in a few days!

Much Aloha from Tangaroa-ru (aka: Kari Hendler)

PS: Tom... you own vibrating flip-flops? No wonder you're always so calm.

The winner of THOR's Rum painting is revealed!
Click on the link below...

http://party.tikibartv.com/video/congrats-to-thor-rum-painting

Again, thank you Tom, Kari & all of you wonderful tiki ohana!!

I WILL "sea" you at Oasis in 2010!

Your Aqua-Exoticat,

Marina

[ Edited by: Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! 2009-08-17 08:13 ]

T

I sencond the Congrats!!! Thanks for support!!! Glad ya won Sabu!!! Winks to ya Marina!!..thanks for holding your tail still long enough for me to paint while under the "finfluence"....of RuM~~ Warm Aloha's!!!

And I "third" the congrats! And thank everyone who bought a ticket (or ten)! Marina, we can't wait to see you frolicking in the Oasis pool next year! Tom, your painting was beyond gorgeous. Sabu, you must be basking in the glow of your prize.

~ Kari

SABOOBY!!
A great person to win this.
I also heard you get a date with Marina?
I want photos!

Sabu the Coconut Boy! Buddy... remember coming over to my room for a drink? Awfully nice of me... wish there was a way to show appreciation... a gift perhaps... something rum related for the rum I shared... I'm just saying... :wink:

Congrats, man! That painting is awesome!

Marina - Thankyou for the congratulatory phone call and video! I'm beyond honored to have your likeness welcoming guests to my home tiki bar. The painting is stunning. Under glass, in Tom's custom frame, it feels like I have a view through port-hole at the Wreck Bar itself. So glad you're going to make it to Oasis 2010.

Tom and Kari - thanks for putting together this raffle. What a fantastic idea to raise Mermaid Transportation funds. I appreciate what an honor it is to own an original Thor painting and believe me, it will have THE place of pride in my tiki bar. The fact that it's one of my absolute favorite Thor paintings just makes it all the better. When I checked my messages Sunday and learned that I had won the raffle, I let out the loudest whoop and sprinted across the hotel grounds to the THOR store like I didn't even have a hangover! It was icing on the cake of a perfect Oasis 2009. Tom even showed me some of his secrets on how he gets paints with rum and gets that beautiful palette of brown tones. You can pop the back off the frame and get a good buzz just sniffing this painting.

Unga - I do get a date with Marina, but because it takes place underwater, it only lasts as long as I can hold my breath, which is about a minute and a half.

Thanks again Tom for the gorgeous painting.

Sabu

Congrats Tim on this splendid masterpiece that THOR created .

Congrats Sabu,
you da man,
I am jealous.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 35 replies