Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Interesting (if wierd) anecdote about the Hilton Hawaiian Village, circa 1970

Pages: 1 6 replies

In light of the 40th anniversary of the Helter Skelter thing (and Squeaky's release 5 days from now)I thought I'd share a little known anecdote: Did you know that when "Ouisch" Ruth Anne Moorehouse flew with Barbara Hoyt to Hawaii when the family attempted to quiet her as a witness and had Ruth feed her a burger laced with ten tabs of acid, they were staying in the penthouse suite of the Hilton Hawaiian Village?? http://www.charliemanson.com/whoswho.htm ...Crazy, small world!

I'm not sure that I really want to know why you're aware of this...

W

I was more surprised to find out there's a charlie manson.com. Guess everyone needs a hobby.

I found it almost as interesting as the fact that when the Noel and Liam Ghallager Oasis breakup knock-down drag out fistfight occured, it happened in the London Trader Vic's. Serendipity crosses the tiki cosmos... (I've heard a lot of stories like that!)

I now realize my trivia skills are sorely lacking.

Awesome minutia!

That is nearly as good as John Lennon signing the dissolution of the Beatles in his room at the Disneyworld Polynesian Village Hotel :) :

On 2009-08-12 12:03, Basement Kahuna wrote:
I found it almost as interesting as the fact that when the Noel and Liam Ghallager Oasis breakup knock-down drag out fistfight occured, it happened in the London Trader Vic's. Serendipity crosses the tiki cosmos... (I've heard a lot of stories like that!)

That's not serendipity Oasis often visit Trader Vic's, remember it was the Munich Trader Vic's that the boys had a fight with Mafia (who were actually estate agents) and Patsy "Starfucker" Kensit (one of the scally chaps ex-wife) is often seen drinking in the London Vic's.

Pages: 1 6 replies