Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

VampTiki #7 The Bastardized Martini Contest (Saturday, September 19th, 5pm to 11pm)

Pages: 1 23 replies

VampTiki #7...The Bastardized Martini Contest...Shaken & Stirred

Saturday, September 19th, 5pm to 11pm. PM me for eVite

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2009-08-14 07:52 ]

Gonna delete the previous eVite and send a new one today to the usual suspects.

Sactown TC'ers!

Those of you participating in the Sacramento Tiki Bar Tour should be present at Vamp's party so we can discuss the details of this event. Vamp has graciously allowed us to invade her space so we can get the ball rolling on our plans in October.

Of course, I knew you were all gonna be there anyway! Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

PTD

We will be there. Wendy and Dan

W

Hey Vampy, Count me in for attending. I will try and invent a new martini in the mean time!

I really hope I can make it after work. I really should retire early so I never have to miss any more cool events.

Darilyn

H

On 2009-08-24 18:28, WSWahine wrote:
Hey Vampy, Count me in for attending. I will try and invent a new martini in the mean time!

You need to follow VampiressRN's lead on this. What you meant to say was "...invent a new bastardized martini".

Sorry for being a STICKLER but a Martini really only means one thing, and it's made with gin and vermouth. If you're using vodka it is a Vodka Martini. The whole marketing misuse of the term Martini appalls me. What are these things? Is it really okay to call a drink a Martini just because it is served in a martini glass? What's up with that? Nevertheless, I do applaud VampiressRN for differentiating these things by calling them bastardized martinis.

2 week countdown till VampTiki #7. :)

THE MARTINI CONTEST
I will be serving a TRUE MARTINI in a proper glass to start off the event. Then we will take our taste buds on a walk on the wild-side for the bastardized martini samples...may the best bastards win!!!

THE MEETING
Duane will lead us in a discussion about our October 10/11 Sacramento Home Bar Crawl for 2009. Open forum for your ideas...thoughts about what you liked on other Home Bar Crawls, menu suggestions, swag & theme interests, event scheduling, etc. We look forward to everyone's input.

POTLUCK & DRINKS
Please bring a simple appetizer. I will serve cheese, crackers, chips, dips, etc. Open bar with the usual suspects performing their mixology.

Drop me a PM if you would like an eVite with the directions. SEEYA!!!

You betcha. We always look forward to seeing everyone at your lovely home, Wendy and Dan

And we always look forward to seeing you Dan and Wendy because we just adore you.

Sounds like a LUV-FEST...have you already been drinking? :lol:

Saturday...Saturday...Saturday...be there!!!

Just a little.

I'll be liquored up before I even reach Vamp's. I'm stopping at the BrewFest in Sacramento on my way north. Watch out! I may not be exhibiting responsible behavior later in the evening.

Oh yeah...like you ever do!!! Just got a new daybed in my home office conversion...so you have a place to crash. :)

L

Besides ourselves and our drinks if we make 'em for the contest did you need anything else Vamp?

Please let us know :)

Just bring yourself and a martini...that will be fabulous!!!

Eatin' Drinkin' Home Bar Crawl Plannin' TONIGHT...be there!!!

Wouldn't miss it. Oh Yeah!

I'm cooking up the Tikiyaki Eggrolls right now!!! next up....the secret martini!!!! See you in a bit!!!

:drink:
Tacky

Vamp and Co.

Sorry for the quick exit and thanks again for hosting a great party. Witco is home now, made it with a little time to spare. Did not know he would get a cone. Cats and cones=no fun!

Thanks again for the martinis and fun.

PTD

Are you changing kitties name to "Snowcone"...drugs...more drugs!!! Take care of baby. :)

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE BASTARDIZED MARTINI CONTEST!!!

Marlene started the group out on a "real" Martini made with:
3 parts Bombay Blue Saphire Gin
1 part Martini & Rossi Vermouth
~Chill bottles of gin & vermouth, pour in Martini Pitcher, stir, pour

===========================================================

FIRST PLACE (Dave & EVA)
PUMPKIN PIE MARTINI

2 parts Hiram Walker "Pumpkin Spice" Liqueur
2 parts Smirnoff "Vanilla" Vodka
1 part Cask & Cream "Caramel Temptation" Cream Liqueur

~Shake WELL over ice
~Rim Martini glass with Caramel Topping followed by Keebler Gram Cracker Crumbs
~Pour then top with a float of REAL Heavy Whipped Cream sprinkle with a few Gram Cracker Crumbs, Cinnamon and fresh ground Nutmeg

=====================================

SECOND PLACE Barbara
THE BLENTON

Equal parts:
Tanqueray Gin
Martini & Rossi Extra-Dry Vermouth
Dash of Angostura Bitters

~Shake over ice, no garnish

=======================================

SECOND PLACE Brad
THE BRADFORD

Vodka
Cointreau
Crème de Cassis
Orange juice
Lemon sour
(will have to follow up later with quantity and directions)

=========================================

Wendy & Duane

Sandy & Brad & Marlene

Barbara & Audry

Brad

Brenda

Cheese & Crackers...like you didn't know!

Dan & Eva & Ami

Martinis & Appetizers...it's all good!

Mike & Dave

...and chocolate covered mice for desert!

Thanks again Marlene for a wonderful time...as always. I was chuckling to myself all the way home. Sandy is wild when she has a few!

So sorry to have missed it Marlene. I had to work overtime and be back to work in the morning. I need to retire so I can have more fun.
Keep me in the loop for the crawl.

Darilyn

Pages: 1 23 replies