Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

tiki oasis left overs anyone....?

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

OK, so not all of us got to make the trip to the weekend mecca ( and some it seems wish they hadn't lol) but we could turn this around and some may take advantage to help recoup travel costs....
If ya had great things to sell and didn't sell em' all! then let the rest of us have a chance at it !
Artisans, craftsmen (OR craftspersons) ,or change of hearts now that you've sobered up lol post your leftover items for sale and maybe we wont feel so bad about missing out.
whatdya think?

Awesome suggestion TV!
i know you're just chomping at the bit to tikify the upper North a bit more!:)
There are a few folks who had some waaaaay awesome items leftover from the Artist Alley section!
(except Babalu! he gets a sold out booth and another grandkid!)

Yeah! I missed out getting one of the Shag/Toes on the Nose shirts. Anybody selling them?

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 17, 2009 5:25 PM

I have a few "dune buggers" left red and yellow.. offers welcome!!free shipping!!

S

Yeah, I'm wondering if there's any of the TO '09 merch left?
I really wanted some of those TO '09 pint glasses, but didn't have any more room in my carry-on bag.

I would say email Otto, and then report back on TC and let people know about merchandise.
That's an xlnt question, I would like to know as well.

Aloha, Much Mahalo to all and a warm thanks to everyone who bought my book and made it a success. I've been lost in Tiki and surfing for over 42 years, this was my third Oasis. The "Surf City" theme inspired me to get my act together, so did Nick Camara and Thor. If you missed me at the Tiki Magazine booth, or at the book signing, look me up at bedtimestoriesfor surfers.com, check out the book, it's bitchin'. See you next year, Hang Ten Tiki

[ Edited by: Hangtentiki 2009-08-18 14:36 ]

Here's what we have left over from our weekend. All are hand made (by us) one-of-a-kind original glass mosaics that no-one else will have. Guaranteed Fresh!

Tiki Bob Bar 10" x 8" SOLD

Tiki Bar 6" x 5" SOLD

The Palms 11" x 11" $140

Kamehameha 11" x 9" SOLD

Sun Lounge 12" x 10" $65

Bubble Fish 13.5" x 7.5" $120

Shipping will be extra and is based soley on how far away from Tucson Arizona you live.

Cheers!

Mark n' Maggie

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2009-08-18 18:38 ]

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2009-08-18 18:40 ]

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2009-08-20 09:08 ]

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2009-10-02 07:38 ]

I have neat out door/patio coasters. $15/four, shipped.

Mugs, glasses, vintage L & H 151 & Dogfish Head 120 are not included. Nor is the table or patio railing or plant material or anything else that is not the actual coaster set. :)

http://www.greyhoundog.org

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-08-18 19:26 ]

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2010-07-01 20:14 ]

S
squid posted on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 9:47 PM

Sorry, Tupperware not included with leftovers. But I'll throw in some Tikiyaki swizzles with each purchase!

Oasis fun. Squid tired...

L to R:
Gecko custom Luau Pig. was $450 now $350
Squid custom Luau Pig. was $140 now $100
Squid custom Ku Ku Kachoo. Was $350 now $275
Gecko custom Ku Ku Kachoo with boars tusk. Was $400 now $325
Last of the standard Luau Pigs (Edition of 12). SOLD
Ruzic custom Luau Pig. Was $250 now $200

More pics here in between the hillbilly stuff. :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33060&forum=17&start=165

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

[ Edited by: squid 2009-08-19 00:28 ]

Still have on of my Kustom Frank Mai-Kai Decanters left.....get yours from the lab...$100

you have a lab?

I do...and that second Frank is now coming to life and leaving that lab, sorry folks, a new Dr. just ordered that he be shipped there to be reanimated....all gone!

is it legal to revive dead tissue?

thanks for inviting me over to see your lab....dick!
:)

Top secret lab...behind the bookcase...in the library...with a candle stick...

CA

very limited necklaces only 25 of each!

CrazyAL Oasis-9 Pendent Limited to 75
"Makau He'e Nalu" the Fishhook of Surfing
3 styles in runs of 25 EACH!
one with Tiki

One with Tiki & Surfboard

3rd style in run of 25 (bone white tiki and Koa color hook)

Surrounded by endless horizons, more then half the world of the ancient Hawaiians was the sea. The creators of Surfing saw the sea as not only a great source of beauty, but most importantly, sustenance."The first surfers were fishermen who discovered riding waves as an efficient method of getting to shore with their catch ...(later) The board maker would dig up the tree and around the roots place fish in the hole as an offering to the gods for the tree." Eventually only royalty could use the best surf for recreation.

"Makau He'e Nalu", a very special Tiki Oasis-9 TikiSurf City Pendant! in very limited runs. Only available from Tiki-Mania.

"Makau He'e Nalu" is a Hawaiian Fishhook designed to catch the best waves!! SURF'S UP!!!
Ancient surfing petroglyphs have been scored into this beautifully sculpted, traditional Hawaiian fishhook.
One run of 25 will have Lono, the god of the harvest, mounted upon the 'Makau' for great bounty from the sea.
Another run of 25 will have Lono with an antique alaia (stand up board) to ensure a good catch.
Hand cast in resin from original sculpt, they have been hand painted for a very realist look. "Makau He'e Nalu" is another great addition to the Oasis legacy ...

ANS!!$10 pendants too!
New EARINGS! (I made i sign for these back in the Palm Springs days!? finaly go some product made!!)

(photo: Raymier Simon... Ok... pendant paint jobs too!! thanks)
and more Spacial Tiki-Surf Pendants at low price $10!!
Mr. Long Board Antiki

Mr. Short Board

email please no PMs

I had a blast for my first time vending. A very big MAHALO to Tiki Hana for letting me share a table in Artist Alley. I decided to pull these pendants after 6 days and will put them on eBay. Thanks.

Pupule Tiki!

[ Edited by: TikiMango 2009-08-25 04:41 ]

so far all GREAT STUFF still available huh ?
Now do we all clean these artists out or is there more?

Ive still got a few paintings at the super delux special Oasis Prices.

9 1/2 x 12 1/2 watercolor and ink sketch $60

9 1/2 x 12 1/2 watercolor and ink sketch $60SOLD

9 1/2 x 12 1/2 watercolor and ink sketch SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
9 1/2 x 12 1/2 watercolor and ink sketch $60SOLD

Ive also got 5 left of the smaller size @ 30 each
PM me

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2009-08-26 14:45 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2009-09-10 11:48 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2009-09-10 12:03 ]

wows!
So much great stuff!
and who sez leftovers ain't just as delicious?

Well, this is for all the dear ohana who didn't get to come play with us at Oasis...

Here are some leftovers from the shindig at Pappy Haggler'sBargin Barn...
More MAYBE later....

sizes are guess-timates-if you need actual sizes-PM please! :)

for your viewing pleasure may i present...

"Pele's Totem"
gouache on gessoed wood
(14-16" tall)

"Family Tree"
gouache on gessoed wood carved leaf from Squid
(it's about 2 feet tall and weighs maybe 3-5 pounds)

"Happy Tapa Man"
woodburn and ink tinting on wood
(8x10-9x12-ish)

Moai Dee (i forgot the title)
acrylic on Bamboo Ben 3-D scrap construction
(around 18-24" tall)

Moai Dum (i forgot the title)
acrylic on Bamboo Ben 3-D scrap construction
(around 18-24" tall)

Taken off the Market!
they fit on the walls!

If'n you really really want these
PM me and maybe I'll allow meself to be swayed!

http://www.kenruzic.com
http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=0

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2009-09-01 16:19 ]

LT

Kinny - How much for the Pappy Haggler Family Tree?

[ Edited by: LOL Tiki 2009-08-20 12:49 ]

Pappy Haggler family Tree is GONE!
Sold to the nice man in the bow tie!
LOL-actually, you should've came down while we were taking down the booth around 5-6pm
we were practically giving our props away!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2009-08-20 13:21 ]

we're a keepin the family tree in the family

LT

On 2009-08-20 13:11, little lost tiki wrote:
Pappy Haggler family Tree is GONE!
Sold to the nice man in the bow tie!
LOL-actually, you should've came down while we were taking down the booth around 5-6pm
we were practically giving our props away!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2009-08-20 13:21 ]

You mean this guy...??

Hope he didn't run off with Lester too!

That there family tree is a hangin in my kitchen rite now, along side a picture of the ol' Homestead signed by Pappy and Junior theirselfs. Like sister Dawnee sez, we is a keepin it in the familee! Lester went on home with cuzin BillBilly! Sorry you missed the family scuffle for the heirlooms.

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-08-20 15:54 ]

BUMP!
Enough banter!
more Product!

Here's a drawing-around 9x12 i think
REMOVED FROM SALE
i likes it too much!
"the Hungry brothers"
tissue paper stain/ink on Arches watercolor paper...

Come on Folks,i saw y'all packing up lots of leftovers...

http://www.kenruzic.com
http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=0

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2009-09-01 16:21 ]

Kiki von Tiki designed apron and oven mitt with illustrations by Tiki Magazine's "Up and Coming" Artist, Eric October! Beautifully hand silkscreened in 4 colors by Eric himself, then the pieces were meticulously sewn and produced by Kiki v. Let me know if you want Eric to sign the art - There are 6 sets available of the apron and mitt, and 6 extra mitts available separately.
Price is $100 for the set, or $40 for the mitt. This is discounted from Tiki Oasis prices! PM to Kiki von Tiki if interested.

Retro Modern Wahine ~ blog, etsy link, and more!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-08-23 22:02 ]

B

dammit Kiki, where's my paniolo shirt?!?!? jk

since apparently NO ONE came inside the vendors room and saw my new painting, i will offer the TO-9 price here for a little while. :D

"Last Rezort" is a "companion" (bookend?) painting to my "Ruby's Dilemma" painting (which as some of u know, lives at my favorite tiki bar, Frankies Tiki Room in Las Vegas).

This work was inspired by the Moai Kava Kava that we all saw at the forest lawn tiki art show. Our little narrative opens with our protagonist(s?) tending bar at the very exclusive (and perhaps elusive) Last Rezort Tiki Bar. And as you can see the 2 heads are at odds with each other tonight.

Kava-one casts an irascible eye towards his jovial janus as he earnestly prepares a secret cocktail for a contentedly inebriated fruit bat (and is he pouring into a Bigtoe Leno tiki mug that may be purchased at tikifarm.com?). It seems Kava-one is expecting Kava-two to add a splash from that mysterious red crucible.

Meanwhile, Kava-two is driven to distraction by the opportunity to tease a pretty (and thankfully scantily-clad) hula girl with the shrunken (but seemly occular?) head of a recently-deceased associate.

How will this little drama play out?

You and your guests can spend many an entertaining idle contemplating the outcome in your very own den of iniquity! Will the evening end in fisticuffs? an amorous 3-way tryst? Perhaps even a more violent end at the hand (or ragged claw) of indiscernible jungle denizens with paley-glowing eyes.

TC price is $2000.

Finally shot it last night. this shot is a bit too 'warm' (orange) if you are seriously interested and would like to see a better shot, please PM me.

MAhalos for visiting!

Uncle Toesy

Not so much 'lowbrow' as 'unibrow' art
http://www.bigtoeart.com
http://www.myspace.com/tom_laura

[ Edited by: BigToe 2009-08-24 20:21 ]

[ Edited by: BigToe 2009-08-24 20:25 ]

Nunkle Toesy, I am ready to dress you up whenever you're ready to let me get my hands on you! :wink: Slow down 5 minutes and PM me! XO, Kinky

is this thread getting any bites?
It seems that some peeps are gathering on this thread
and others are headin on out by their lonesomes with separate threads...
I'ma figgerin most folks are tikied-out for a few weeks..

I just updated with a couple of SOLDS.

SCHWEET!

Go Dawnee! I got one. Every little bit helps!

i got a rock...
:(

:lol:

On 2009-08-27 08:09, little lost tiki wrote:
i got a rock...

That's OK Kinny. We all know you can turn that rock into a work of art!

T

A work of art - or with a swift pass of a drill bit - a toke stone :)

I have a new Munktiki Tiki Oasis 9 Mug, I'd like to trade for a Munktiki Oasis 6 mug.

On 2009-08-27 10:48, TIKI-TONGA wrote:

On 2009-08-27 08:09, little lost tiki wrote:
i got a rock...

That's OK Kinny. We all know you can turn that rock into a work of art!

Gesso it up! :)

T

On 2009-08-27 11:36, MauiTiki wrote:
I have a new Munktiki Tiki Oasis 9 Mug, I'd like to trade for a Munktiki Oasis 6 mug.

Can't help you with the TO9 mug, but are you planning on releasing any more of YOUR mugs?

W

We still have a couple dozen official event t-shirts left for anyone who is interested. Here is a list of what's left:

MENS T-SHIRTS $20- each
Chocolate Brown (SM & 2XL)
Blue (LG)

MENS TANKS $20- each
Brown (LG & 2XL)

WOMENS T-SHIRTS $20- each
Slate Gray (SM)

KIDS T-SHIRTS $15- each
Charcoal Gray (MED 8/10)

Please contact me at [email protected] if you would like to buy one. We are accepting PAYPAL only as payment. THANKS, Lisa & Gene McDonald

[ Edited by: Weence 2009-08-30 12:06 ]

I have two killer special limited edition pieces I will list tomorrow, unlike anything else
you had ever seen at Tiki Oasis 2009.

1961 were you a seller at Oasis? I don't remember seeing you in a booth there.

I've updated my etsy listing and separated the apron and mitt per special request. Will be putting the tea towels up there as soon as it cools down a bit so I can go outside and take pictures! Lemme know if you want Eric to sign these, they are super cute and his illustrations will just make you smile!

go to my etsy store to purchase:
http://www.kikivontiki.etsy.com

Mahalo for lookin'!

On 2009-08-30 18:19, 1961surf wrote:
I have two killer special limited edition pieces I will list tomorrow, unlike anything else

BILL....IT WAS TOMORROW yesterday!
Show us the Goods!

On 2009-09-01 16:16, little lost tiki wrote:

On 2009-08-30 18:19, 1961surf wrote:

BILL....IT WAS TOMORROW yesterday!
Show us the Goods!

Yeah I know , sorry about that .I have been super bust at my day job....you know
gotta pay them bills.Will try and get this listed today.

On 2009-09-01 15:22, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
1961 were you a seller at Oasis? I don't remember seeing you in a booth there.

I've updated my etsy listing and separated the apron and mitt per special request. Will be putting the tea towels up there as soon as it cools down a bit so I can go outside and take pictures! Lemme know if you want Eric to sign these, they are super cute and his illustrations will just make you smile!

go to my etsy store to purchase:
http://www.kikivontiki.etsy.com

Mahalo for lookin'!

No, but Big Ed Tiki Broker had some of my stuff for sale, but it was hidden on his back
tables and no one could see my stuff for sale...or I am quite sure it would have sold !

W
Weence posted on Wed, Sep 9, 2009 7:27 PM

still a handful of shirts left....see above post for sizes :)

I sold all the watercolor sketches from the first batch I posted on page 2. Im posting a second batch of the fancier, larger paintings.

15" x 22' watercolor and ink on cold press paper
$300 SOLD

15" x 22" watercolor and ink on cold press paper
$300

$300

$300

$300

PM or email, paypal or check
Thanks, Dawn

These purses are still available. Not making anymore, so if there's one you like snatch it up now! They're all made from new fabric in retro prints with contrasting satin linings.

Little Hula Lula $47
16 1/2" long and 10 1/2" wide overall. The inside of the bag measures 9" wide by 6 1/2" high.

Tattoo Lula $47
16 1/2" long and 10 1/2" wide overall. The inside of the bag measures 9" wide by 6 1/2" high.

Chinese Lantern $65
10" in diameter and 7" high, with two 8 1/2" long handles

Tiny Bubble $65
10" in diameter and 7" high, with two 8 1/2" long handles

Green Bamboo $97, has a vintage Coco Joe hula girl keychain and reclaimed vintage bamboo handle
10" high, 15" wide, and 4" deep. Plenty of room and two big interior pockets

Coco Blue $95, has a vintage Coco Joe Tiki keychain with blue rhinestone eyes!
10" high, 15" wide, and 4" deep. Plenty of room and two big interior pockets

PM me for info and paypal access. Mahalos!

Retro Modern Wahine ~ blog, etsy link, and more!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-09-14 09:11 ]

Pages: 1 2 57 replies