Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki oasis 9 lost necklace

Pages: 1 22 replies

Hi all, I carved a necklace out of bone that has 3 guys in a canoe with spears. Here is a picture. It fell off during Friday's event. It is one I am very proud of and hope to get it back. if anyone finds it , please let me know, I appreciate it....thanks

Amy

I found it!! And still in perfect condition!

Have PM'd Queen Kamehameha and it will be heading back home soon!

Ed, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

I pm'd you
Amy

wow great!! Glad it is being returned!! It gives me faith...

M

Yay!! I'm so glad it was found and it's on it's way home!! Maybe now we can make resins of it!

Ed is a stand-up down-to-earth-all-around nice guy!
Buy him a drink next time you see him!
hi Ed! Happy Birthday!

ED YOU ARE THE KING! I was there when Ed picked it up and he actually said "If someone ends up looking for it, I'd totally give it back." Right on, Ed, & HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN, buddy! Awesome crawling with you once again - is the pizza here yet?....:)

-Andy

Amy, You are so very welcome!

Thanks for the kind words guys!
And Andy, I think you even stepped on it first without somehow breaking it in half or at least snapping off the spears! Awesome job!

Actually, finding it was a total team effort because if we all hadn't gone to that room party, on that floor, at that time, in that direction on the walkway then who knows where it would be today! Thanks Andy, Debbie, Kinny, Ravenne, and Doug!!

Meiko-love your idea about the resins, I know I'd buy one!

...Wow! It feels good to be on the good side of Karma!! Peace and Love,--Ed :)

S
squid posted on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 9:40 PM

On 2009-08-18 11:04, mieko wrote:
Yay!! I'm so glad it was found and it's on it's way home!! Maybe now we can make resins of it!

Ed's already making resins of it :wink:

HA! Happy birthday Ed. Cake and good Karma all around!

funny....... :)

Happy birthday ed! and thank you again, I owe you a drink!!!!

Amy

• the Little Lost Tikidudes in a Canoe UPDATE*

Before heading back home they wanted to stick around awhile and see Tucson, so I showed 'em around town.

I put them up at the Tiki motel for few days. I told them that they resembled the guy on the sign and that the flame looked like their spears. They weren't that amused, in fact they just sat there kinda stone-faced.

We checked out the desert, they were amazed at all the giant green Tikis

No trip to Tucson is complete without a visit to the Kon Tiki! They loved the Scorpion bowl, in fact, they paddled around in it for hours, with a few refills of course! By the end of the night they were totally saturated! (They made me promise not to post the pics!)

we stopped by to see the veiled big Moai at 'The Hut' bar (unveiling is next Saturday the 29th—Big Party!-the Martini Kings and Del Reys will be here!)

"anuenue!" they all said in unison, "just like back home". I looked up to see the beautiful "rainbow".

enjoying an awesome Arizona sunset

"Saying goodbye to my little friends". :wink: Seeing them off at the airport, they had a lot of fun but were anxious to get home to their Queen!

I'll miss the little dudes. -Ed

[ Edited by: EdsGoneTiki 2009-08-23 19:29 ]

Wow, Ed, That was the greatest! Thank you so much, I am glad that you found my little canoe guys, I hope I can keep them from getting bored!

Amy :)

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-08-24 14:51 ]

TS

lmao! Those guys have been given the grand AZ tour! :lol: Just like Johnny Cash, "They've been everywhere, man".... I'm Glad to see something lost, being returned honorably, and I'm glad there are still people like Ed around! I wish him the best of Karma!

M

Best laugh I've had all day! Hilarious!

That was one hilarious travelogue, Ed. WELL DONE, my friend!

-Andy
http://tikijoesocean.com

do we get the same tour when visiting,Ed?
:)

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 24, 2009 8:37 AM

Damn....

Lost
Stepped On
Picked Up
Toured
Wrapped Up
Shipped Home

Parallels my experiences as a musician :wink:

Right-on Ed! Queen K has her back covered.

Ed -
After Amy lost that carving I thought she'd never smile again.
Then you found it and restored her faith and joy. Then you
made the whole thing into an enjoyable, amusing experience
for everyone. You are the gift that keeps giving.

GREAT JOB!!!!
Ray

My little men have made it home safe and sound. Thanks again Ed! Here they are home in the desert

Amy

And what a fantastic home they landed in! Just gorgeous, Queen K. Congrats on having recovered your treasure!

Amy, nice picture hanging in front of the pool :)

Wow! Talk about a great thread!!

Amazing story and great travelogue pics! ...It could have ended up in the "Tiki Travel" section?! :)

So happy it worked out this way!

Thanks Ed & Amy, now my Oarsmen are screaming they want paid vacation time and are forming a union! :evil:

Pages: 1 22 replies