Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Ski? Anyone?

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

I

Ok. Although I would love to make this the winter version of Tiki Oasis, there is just no enough financial resources available. So the most I can do is plan, coordinate and get us on the hill for the lowest price possible. With that said, I have some preliminary news. This year (if we go forward) I can get a group rate of about $48. Now that rate is for 1 lift ticket. No symposiums, No hotel accommodations and no mug (at least not yet.....). I should know in the next couple of days about reducing that rate even further but at least for now it is what it is. I'm working on a ski/snowboard lift and learn Ohana package along with the lift for those that have not been this close to snow before. A lot of you have only experienced the snow while watching movies, I hoping to change that. For further information you can go here: http://www.snow-valley.com/rates/group_rates.html#glt I would ask that you refrain from calling Snow-valley ski resort for tickets and discounts as that is my job.

[ Edited by: ikabod 2011-10-17 13:11 ]

I

Oh, now maybe a good time to get yourself into some good deals for Ski and Snowboard clothing. That includes boots, bindings, ski's, bib's, pants, shirts etc. The 2011 stuff is still out there and a lot of your sport shops are looking to get rid of it. A really really good place to get a great deal and enjoy the mountain air is Big Bear. This month a lot of the ski shops are open to get rid of the 2011 and 2010 gear. I'll be getting a list together as to who maybe interested. Also as far as Big Bear is concerned.... Not much for a Tiki ready community... At least NOT YET.

I

Oh and one more thing. I will be up there in Big Bear the 28th through the 30th. Doing some pavement pounding to see about lodging for us. Running Springs IS not what you call a resort town. So the hotel/motel selections are limited. I'm also looking into overnight and RV/trailer parking at the hill as well. There was a time when they allowed that. I'm going to see if that is an option.

I

Apparently the Tiki gods are going to warm things up in the Pacific again this season. So what this means is a possible return to a LA NINA condition. Last season was a La Nina. Snow Valley got dumped on. For further info read the report here: http://unofficialnetworks.com/evidence-pointing-la-nina-20112012-north-american-winter-colorado-powder-forecast-48328/

Therefore based on my theory, when the the Tiki Gods do things in their region of influence it affect us. So, a tiki ski event is in reality a celebration! We can thank good snowfall and conditions due to mythological Polynesian influences (this is for those who feel tiki has NOTHING to do with Skiing, my theory is open to debate.)

[ Edited by: ikabod 2011-10-20 13:36 ]

can anyone say, Tiki Snow Man contest?

I

And Tiki Ice carving!!!

J

On 2011-10-20 11:55, IKABOD wrote:

...this is for those who feel tiki has NOTHING to do with Skiing...

Tiki has NOTHING to do with Skiing...

But it does with Snowboarding. :)

I've always wondered about this place?

I suggest you take your ski trip to Squaw Valley and see what you can find. :)

I

On 2011-10-21 09:08, JOHN-O wrote:

On 2011-10-20 11:55, IKABOD wrote:

...this is for those who feel tiki has NOTHING to do with Skiing...

Tiki has NOTHING to do with Skiing...

But it does with Snowboarding. :)

Its a big tent. We can include all snow sports within the realm of tiki.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hawaii-Ski-Club/117855831914

I'd be in for a slope run. Like Holden, grew up on planks. :D

I

Stay tuned!

On 2011-09-25 00:35, MakeDaMug wrote:
Oh heck yeah... I learned to ski at Snow Valley at age 12 in Blizzard Ski Club! I an WAY down for this so let's get it on!! I'll pull off a wonky 80's style 2-planker wanker 360 air and hope to God I will survive it!

Same here.
I learned at Snow Valley (1960's) when they had mostly rope tows and T bars.
Went through a pair of gloves every ten ski days.

Planker Wankers Unite!

I

Save the Date Hau Kea 2012! (Ski Trip!!)
I have started a new topic in the events page.

I'm close, sounds interesting.

Pages: 1 2 61 replies