Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at Burning Man 8/31-9/7

Pages: 1 7 replies

The Shipwreck Tiki Lounge has once again secured a premium location at the 2009 Burning Man festival. Our home at 9:00 and Esplanade can only be descrbed to those who have never attended as "front row center". This year we've ramped up to include a bamboo tiger cage with stripper pole, 8000 watt sound system, mobile tiki bar, Bar tent and as always more hand-made tikis than you can count. Visit shipwrecktikilounge.com to see pix from previous events. Help us to keep tiki alive at Burning Man and see you on the playa!

Ooooh...have always wanted to go to Burning Man, but quite sure I would die of heat postration. Be sure to take pix & post them. :)

Vampiressrn...If you never make it you've missed the biggest "party of the hemisphere". Kind of like living in Brazil but never making it to Carnival. We need tiki enthusiasts on our crew so why not get it together for next year and contact us? Well, I'm off, our shipping container leaves for BM today and I go with it.

tikitom

Always wondered about burning man. Was just talking to someone yesterday about how Notch's bar would fit in quite well.

I went 8 years in a row 1994 - 2001
Saw the whole festival evolve from 1500 people
to 30,000 Now there are 50,000
Notch's bar would look great there, but every
large structure gets covered with playa dust
which is very hard to get off

CA

some day Tom! some day!!! i just have to get all the dust out of my nose and i haven't ever gone...WTF? Looks like a great year once more.

A Tiki Theme Camp would be awesome. I would have to do an RV with air-conditioning:( I just think it would be a hoot....dusty....but a hoot!!!

http://www.burningman.com/

I went in '98 and '99. I remember seeing a tiki bar (and having a cocktail there) in '99. (I think it was '99). Anyone got any photos of it?

Pages: 1 7 replies