Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

I have a (non-tiki) painting in an art show in the SF Bay Area! Show opens this Friday (Aug. 28th)!

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

Hey everybody!

I have a piece in an art show that opens this Friday, August 28th in El Cerrito in the Bay Area at a cool gallery called Eclectix.
The opening reception is from 7 to 10 pm.

Eclectix Gallery & Store
10082 San Pablo Avenue
El Cerrito, Ca 94530
(510) 364-7261
http://www.eclectix.com

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it up there, but if you're in the area, I encourage you to stop by, it's a really great place!
In addition to the gallery space, they have a store that carries all kinds of cool vintage and retro items, including a small selection of tiki and Hawaiiana stuff!

Here's a couple of pix of the piece I'll be showing:

This 14" x 18" self portrait is a one to one scale life-size image from a series of portraits that I did. The idea behind the series was to leave no negative space or background on the front of the canvas. The entire front is filled with the model (in this case, me). The image continues around the sides of the canvas and on this piece, the right elbow follows the corner of the canvas, in effect turning the painting into a three dimensional object.

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

great piece,Eric!
Where's your 'stache?

T

Thanks Kinny!

I was mustachioed for only about these past 12 months, this painting was done prior to that. In fact, the me in the painting would have balked at the mere suggestion that I would ever wear such a thing!

Hey, I just noticed mustache = must ache. Weird!

Pages: 1 2 replies