Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My cool house

Pages: 1 28 replies

J

My aunt and Uncle live like 7 blocks away from me in the house I grew up in and about 3 years ago, redid the whole house with a tiki/vintage/50's flair. They did such a great job that I'd thought I'd share pictures :)

This is the living room, looking from the dining room.

This is a corner of the living room, looking from the opposite side

Here's part of the dining room, and the hallway behind me leads to the room in the next picture:

I call this the "Shag Room". It's where I sleep when I visit on weekends

The "Music Room" next to the "Shag Room"

The opposite side of the Music Room.

L

love it!!!!!

Thank you for sharing.

I am so jealous that you get to hang out in that house!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-08-29 14:29 ]

J

Hahaha. Thanks. I feel pretty special too. I love it there, I know that place better than any other. It is definatlry my home.

That house is the ginchy-est, like wayout!

Kewlio indeed...love the lamps and clocks...the furniture & drapes are over the top. Nicely done!!!

Love the Frankl style coffee tables ....way COOOOOOOOL!!

TIKI MODERN if ever I saw it!!!! Glad you get to enjoy that impeccable taste, you got a real cool aunt and uncle there dear boy. Maybe 'Tiki Towers' will look that good one day...

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

What an amazing rattan furniture collection. Love the pillows mirroring the Eames clock. And all that in Palm Springs -That's what I call living the Shag life! But who are the twins in the picture with your aunt? :)

T

Jetson you need to show this to Mr. Spacely!

Really WORKIN the 50's ATMOSPHERE! Thortiki

Kickin' digs!

J

On 2009-08-30 00:19, bigbrotiki wrote:
What an amazing rattan furniture collection. Love the pillows mirroring the Eames clock. And all that in Palm Springs -That's what I call living the Shag life! But who are the twins in the picture with your aunt? :)

Hahaha. I'm the one in the green shirt, the girl is my friend ari, and the guy in the red shirt is my other friend Ari's boyfriend sal. People tell us all the time that we look related.

J

And thank you everyone for the great comments. I'm sure that my aunt and uncle will very much appreciate them! :)

Wonderful house! They did a great job.

No wonder you spend weekends there!!

M

AMAZING! Were they fortunate enough to find most of their furniture in the same place, or was it collected over a period of time?!

On 2009-08-31 19:09, McSwanky wrote:
AMAZING! Were they fortunate enough to find most of their furniture in the same place, or was it collected over a period of time?!

To answer McSwanky, It took us several years from several different sources: Thrift Stores, Ebay and Craigs list to just name a few. However we have been collecting 50's for 20 years. We were fortunate to acquire our beginnings of the Tiki collection from my grandfather who was a captain overseas in WW2 and fell in love with Tahiti and the surrounds. (He spent 37 years in the navy).

We would like to thank everyone for their nice comments.
Atomic Tiki Girl

J

Atomictikigirl=My aunt!

B

they are such hip cats....gotta love'em

man thats hot!!!!! well done!

L
Liana posted on Sun, Sep 6, 2009 5:52 PM

I want to see more! MORE!!

I really love this house! It's classy, not over the top, not tacky, just looks like a really nice place to spend your time - I would feel proud to live in that house :)

OGR

That house is GREAT! How about some exterior views? Who needs 3500 Sq Ft of new crap, when this is what Atomic living is all about?

J
Jetson posted on Sun, Sep 6, 2009 6:53 PM

I will take some new pictures next time I'm there. :)

J

Good news. My aunt is having a bbq this weekend, so I will take pictures of the backyard too. :)

Great house! And, jetsom,I like your web name.

Looks great! Good Job :wink:

J

I am here now. I may not be able to get new pics because my aunt says she thinks the house isn't tidy enough, nor is the outside. But shhh, I'm still gonna try :wink:

On 2009-10-07 10:50, Urban Tiki wrote:
Great house! And, jetsom,I like your web name.

Thank you! Jetsetter Julian = Jetson

[ Edited by: Jetson 2010-01-30 17:53 ]

J

Ok, so the pics I took are not that great, because they were taken with an iPhone. But if you want to see some new, all-be-it low res, pictures of the backyard and the tv room, here's the link to my photobucket with the pictures in it.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/adonislove/me/

J

So, I am going to my aunts this weekend to do some christmas decorating. wait til you guys see her trees. she has a gold one, and silver one, and i think she just got a vintage blue/green one. I am so excited cause she does the coolest things with trees and wreaths. I am very excited cause it's always a lot of fun. as soon as we're done, I'm going to take pictures of it and post it on here.

J

Ok, so for christmas his year, we didn't go all out but it was still really cool. We put up the silver tree this year, and bought a vintage tree turner and a color wheel. We just decorated it simply with vintage ornaments.

J

Also, it's been raining like crzy so i took the opportunity to take a few pics in the back yard to see if anything cool came out of it. You tell me.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055311&id=1229831507&l=fb6ac48a34

Pages: 1 28 replies