Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKIYAKI 2nd Semi-Annual Lodge Night and Swap Meet ! - OCT 10th @ Mayflower Club - FREE SHOT GLASS !

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies

Look how happy everybody is to be taking their pledge.

Something funny happen to GroG. He taller know.

Happy Birthday again from Kelly and Carrie to Jeff (Big Tiki Dude)

Nice glitter on the guitar Jim. Love the color

Zaya and I had a great time at the Mayflower again.It was well worth the drive up from SD. It only took an hour and thirty five minutes to get there, hardly anytime at all! It was nice seeing all our friends and thanks to all who stopped by my vending area in the closet to say Hi.

Hete we were with FezORama:

FezOrama are total pros.They havethe perfect portable setup:

The swearing in:

Nice backdrop. This is a pretty sweet venue:

Action shots:

Some Buzzy loyalists recieve their bounty:

Well worth the price of admission!

See you all next time!
Buzzy Out!

As usual, you guys were the top! I was very inspired watching you play, and the Mayflower is a great hang. I'm slowly getting to know more tiki folks, and it's always great to see the familiar faces. Really dug the spoken word on "Detroit Rock City"; that take is real close to home...you Nutty fans will know what I'm talkin' about.

As far as one set vs separate sets, I'm a fan of playing a full length show in concert mode. People tend to wander between sets, which can take away from the energy you get from the set. But, for this particular event, it's good for the vendors. I think either one works, but in this case having a little break between sets is cool. You can go get more refreshments or get some of that tiki shopping done, then settle back in for another dose of Tikiyaki!

Great night, guys. It's time to do a show together!

Yes, JetSet, Tikiyaki and Nutty together would be the bomb!
As for one set or two... I was happy we got two as I arrived late, having been distracted by shiny, liquid things at Tonga Hut. Also allowed me to do some shopping. Looking forward to the next show.

I'm sorry I missed this show...had to pick the missus up from a week long trip to Amsterdam, so she wasn't feeling the trip out to the valley. One question though...who is this on drums?

On 2009-10-14 11:28, Jason Wickedly wrote:
One question though...who is this on drums?

The Same guy that played with them on New Years Eve last year.
:wink:

Thanks Jim, We had a great time! Tikiyaki rocked the house, we made cool new friends and overall had a really killer time!!
Btw, I still have a few tikis left if anybody needs one

I'm not sure how to make this picture thing work

[ Edited by: Tikiman91205 2009-10-14 18:35 ]

[ Edited by: Tikiman91205 2009-10-14 18:39 ]

On 2009-10-14 11:28, Jason Wickedly wrote:
I'm sorry I missed this show...had to pick the missus up from a week long trip to Amsterdam, so she wasn't feeling the trip out to the valley. One question though...who is this on drums?

That's our new drummer "Steady Eddie". He also performed with us New year's Eve. He's a full fledged Tikiyaki member now.

I am going to break my Tiki vow of silence for a few minutes just to let you know something, Jim;

Although I did not attend this event, I had the pleasure of seeing you guys play at the Soccertiki/woohoo wedding recently and I must say, the Tikiyaki Orchestra has never sounded better! Crisp, tight, professional! What a group! A sincere thanks are owed to you for putting together this fine project, and bringing all of us a real exotica band for the current generation. Your hard work and dedication to your craft are of the very highest level. Your new drummer is awesome!
On a general note, I really appreciate the fact that all the current members of your band are such nice guys. Every one of them! All of you guys treat me and the rest of the Smoking Menehunes organization with a level of respect that is humbling and very much appreciated. That kind of loyalty and friendship is very important to me. You support my band, and I know how busy you are. You somehow manage to find the time to come to our shows. It is refreshing to have one's peers and fellow artists demonstrate such a consistent amount of camradarie and true friendship. That's the "aloha" spirit. Every time I think some people are forgetting that, someone like you and your band come along and reminds me that not all artists have huge egos! Not all artists "boycott" other artists. I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, I just could not resist letting you know publically how much I appreciate your band,and your professional attitude.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled silence!

T

Luke, the feeling is mutual. You and Bong are great peeps as well as great musicians. I don't Pat very well, but he's the real deal, and that's always great to see.

Always a pleasure being on a bill with you guys, seeing you perform, or just hangin' out, talkin' story, and sharing a drink (especially the infamous Bong Mai Tai !)

So...right back atcha !!!

On 2009-10-14 12:44, lucas vigor wrote:
I am going to break my Tiki vow of silence for a few minutes just to let you know something, Jim;

Although I did not attend this event, I had the pleasure of seeing you guys play at the Soccertiki/woohoo wedding recently and I must say, the Tikiyaki Orchestra has never sounded better! Crisp, tight, professional! What a group! A sincere thanks are owed to you for putting together this fine project, and bringing all of us a real exotica band for the current generation. Your hard work and dedication to your craft are of the very highest level. Your new drummer is awesome!
On a general note, I really appreciate the fact that all the current members of your band are such nice guys. Every one of them! All of you guys treat me and the rest of the Smoking Menehunes organization with a level of respect that is humbling and very much appreciated. That kind of loyalty and friendship is very important to me. You support my band, and I know how busy you are. You somehow manage to find the time to come to our shows. It is refreshing to have one's peers and fellow artists demonstrate such a consistent amount of camradarie and true friendship. That's the "aloha" spirit. Every time I think some people are forgetting that, someone like you and your band come along and reminds me that not all artists have huge egos! Not all artists "boycott" other artists. I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, I just could not resist letting you know publically how much I appreciate your band,and your professional attitude.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled silence!

that was well said..... here here...

Hey Lucas,
now get out to a show, to support back.

hell if you had called me, I would have driven you up to the Tikiyaki show.
ya bum.
:o

love ya buddy.
Jeff(btd)

JB

I was very bummed that I was not able to make this event, I was so looking forward to it.
My father had a fall and I had to rush up to Northern Cal. on very short notice.
Amazing how life throws us curve balls sometimes.Tikiyaki puts on an amazing show .
Class act all the way , not to mention they are all just a nice group of guys .
I will continue to support this band and unless hell freezes over I will be at their
next gig for sure.
Aloha -Bill

speaking of next show.
any news on that Jim?

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Oct 21, 2009 9:48 AM

Tiki Oasis.

We're working on several shows coming up.

We're working out the details on The second Jungle Jetsetter's New year's Eve Ball at Don the Beachcomber....not set in stone yet, but looking very good. Last year was so much fun, we just have to do it again

Also, we're planning big shows in San Francisco and San Diego for next year.

Next year will be a great year for the band, and as GROG mentioned Tiki Oasis, hopefully.

Anyway, I'll make the announcements as we confirm dates.

T

Jim-

I forgot to ask about the shotglasses at the gig...I never receievd one!

(I don't have a membership card either, damn!)

Did I miss something at the gig?

T

Good to know about the upcoming (?) New Year's Eve show, Jim. I was just wondering what my wife & I were going to do to ring in 2010 and hanging out with you & the gang would be superb!

Thanks for the INFO Jim,
yeah I hope NYE happens too.
that was a perfect way to spend the evening.
crossing my fingers.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies