Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Don The Beachcomber web site and calendar of events is up and running

Pages: 1 2 59 replies

H

On 2009-10-12 15:21, aquaorama wrote:
Here is the new Barrel mug at "Dons". $25 and comes with your choice of drinks in it. The size of the barrel makes the drink more of a "double size". The bottom is marked Don the Beachcombers.

Will the drink really be "double size"? Or will it just have lots of extra ice...
Either way, the barrel mug is great!

I was there installing some carved signs the other day and peeped the new mug. It is a big'un. see if you can spot the new carved additions when you go.

A

Wow, I've wanted that DtB Rum Barrel mug for a long time. I gotta get me up there.

WHOA! I didn't even realize they had those Rum Barrel mugs for sale! I saw one, but had no idea...I'm getting one this week for sure.

the Calendar for events at Don's seems to be up and running.

http://www.donthebeachcomber.com/calendar.html

JB

2 big events on sat Nov 28th.
look at the calendar on the website.

Jeff(btd)

Thanks to Coco Joe for pointing this out.
but I thought it might need a thread of its own.

It's Don the Beachcomber's Birthday and you're invited! If Donn Beach, founder of Don the Beachcomber, were alive today, he'd be turning 103 on Monday, February 22! Well, we're gonna be throwing him a birthday party in The Dagger Bar because he still lives in the hearts of all who knew him or still enjoy all things Tiki! In his honor, Monday, from 4 p.m. - close, we'll be previewing our soon-to-be added cocktail, the Donga Punch, for 60 cents and Don's Original Mai Tai for $1 - those are 1941 prices (off the oldest menu in existence). Of course, normal Happy Hour prices all night and yes, Delia will have a birthday cake for the occasion!

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-02-22 12:36 ]

I live in Rochester, N.Y. and would love a Tiki bar here! Just got back from the Mai Kai and suffering withdrawl pains!

On 2009-11-25 18:21, bigtikidude wrote:
2 big events on sat Nov 28th.
look at the calendar on the website.

The Entertainment Calendar has been updated.

P
Pa1 posted on Thu, Mar 6, 2014 8:20 AM

I went to Don the Beachcomber last weekend for my birthday and it was fun! It was terrific fun to wander around the rooms (there are 3 or 4 of them).

I had the "pressed duck," which was like a mushy meatloaf of duck and pork on sweet and sour sauce, with 3 lychee on top. It's an original recipe from the '30s. Not, um, delicious to me (my gf liked it better than I did), but still a lot of fun, as it's an authentic retro recipe! (Cuisine, like everything else, evolves. Usually for the better.)

My gf had the rib eye, which was SUPERB (and having lived in Texas and New Orleans, I'm a picky steak eater).

Service, from hostess to busser to wait staff, was friendly, professional and overall great.

Music (Jason Arimoto on ukelele) was pretty excellent, as well.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this place.

If you want an AUTHENTIC retro vibe (not some slick modernization), this is the place!

(Too bad it was so STARKLY lit! Lower lights and candles would have made a world of difference!)

Pages: 1 2 59 replies