Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

What? That's crazy talk, Kelly you will be missed & best of luck to you on
your new direction, Just what is this new direction you are taking, by the way?

Hope to see you at all the shindigs and maybe more often in our neck of the woods.

TT

Kelly...You and your fabulous exotic cocktails will be greatly missed at TH.

K

NOOOOOOOooooOOOoOOOOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOO!!!
HUGE BUMMMer!!!

AF

Because it's Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, K-e-l-l-y. Why? Because you'll be missed at the TH!

Sorry for the Cheers reference, but it was a bar with regulars too...My best always for the future and I know I'll be running into you sometime soon!

T
TNT posted on Fri, Jan 20, 2012 12:40 PM

Oh no - Kelly it won't be the same without you!
Teresa & Tim

M

Kelly, Good Luck and smooth sailing to everything that lies ahead of you!
Thanks for some truly memorable drinks and times at the Tonga Hut.
And remember you will always be THE Bartender at the Waikiki Womb.

Good luck Kelly. We hope to see you at Mojave Oasis! Aloha and Mahalo.

J

Kelly, Tonga Hut Sundays won't be the same without you behind the bar. :(

I wish you good luck and great success on the next phase of your Tiki career. I guess I'll have to make the trek out to Rumpus Room more regularly to get my fix of your original Tropical concoctions.

You know during all those times at the TH, I think I only made it through 3 drinks on the Grog Log. It was almost always a KELLY drink for me !! You definitely raised the bar for both mixology and the general So Cal Tiki Revival over the last several years, and helped put the Tonga Hut on the Tiki destination map. Thank you. :)

Hope to see you soon !!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Where ya goin? Kowloon could use you!

Bon Voyage, Kelly! I'm sure you will rock it on your next voyage. I don't get to Tonga Hut often, but, when I do, I always love your cocktails. Thanks for being a great bartender and my friend.
Brenda

Kelly,

Val and I wish you nothing but the best in your next adventures. Your cocktails and your company behind the bar were outstanding. I only wish we'd strayed a bit from the Grog Log and had a few more Shaka Hula Bossa Novas and Rum Barrels.

Mahalo, and hope to see you soon.

Kevin

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Jan 21, 2012 1:04 PM

Kelly -

Thank You for my happy times at the Tonga Hut, you are simply the most gracious host a patron could ever hope to meet and the delicious beverages you are known for are legendary in my book, you know?

I'm honored and proud to say I count you among my close friends and the times we've shared together shall be eclipsed only by the times we'll share in the future...

Stay true to your path and I'll see you along the road to life's ultimate destination unknown again sometime.

Kelly:

It's such terrible news to learn that you've gone. How spoiled I was to have one of the tiki community's best bartenders working in my favorite tiki bar. As someone that has seen the Tonga Hut in a multitude of incarnations, I can say without a doubt that the best drinking I've ever done there has been under your watch.

Moreover, it's been great to see how your drinks brought the Hut to the attention of notable cocktail enthusiasts -- even outside of the tiki community!

Your work is greatly appreciated by those that have benefited from your expertise, refined palette and dedication to returning classic tiki drinks to their roots while also ushering in the new era of tiki & exotic cocktails.

I look forward to where you go from here!

Eternal cheers & mahaloz!

Good luck in your future endeavors, and I will see you at the Rumpus Room.

Well, if this isn't a bad pupu platter of news... for selfish reasons, anyway. Kelly, I loved seeing you at the Tonga Hut and enjoying your magnificent cocktail creations. You are truly a culinary artist, and a great friend to so many. Where oh where am I going to get another Rum Barrel as good as the one you make?! Smuggler's Cove isn't an easy after-work commute for me! Okay, enough whining. Mainly, I want to wish you happy adventures ahead, and thank you for all you brought to the Tonga Hut, as well as many Tiki events and parties. Will we be seeing you soon someplace else? Really, we need to know. You better the hell keep in touch. And I mean that with sincere aloha.

I'm gonna miss your Shakahulabassanova's at TH, Kelly!
Best of luck in the next round of your mixocological odyssey!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies