Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut Celebrates 51 Years with a Classic Car Show Sat Oct 3rd

Pages: 1 20 replies

TH

Celebrate Tonga Hut's next 50 years with a Classic Car Show, BBQ and drink specials featuring Sailor Jerry Rum and sake2me. Mark your calendars for Sat Oct 3rd from 5:30 to midnight. See you there!

R

On 2009-09-20 18:52, tonga hut wrote:
Celebrate Tonga Hut's next 50 years with a Classic Car Show, BBQ and drink specials featuring Sailor Jerry Rum and sake2me. Mark your calendars for Sat Oct 3rd from 5:30 to midnight. See you there!

I will So be there!

nice flyer.

I will be DJing this event.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-10-01 10:27 ]

ALOOOOOHA!

Just wanted to give this event a little bump! :D

Hoping a lot of the Ohana can cruise on out and lift their mugs to the 51st Anniversary of The Tonga Hut! :drink:
Pretty amazing.

The fun starts around 5:30 with music, classic cars and BBQ out back. . . luscious libations and a Low Brow/Tiki art show inside!
Celebration goes all night long, with special goodies from our friends at Sailor Jerry and Sake2Me.

*I am helping out with the art show, and I think we have a really exciting mix of artists. Some favorites, and some new faces too.
The show will be mainly smaller pieces. We really wanted to feature great art at great prices.
This is a labor of love for us, which means we don't take a cut, so let the love flow between artists and collectors. :)
I am still confirming with a few artists, and I will post pics once I have things nailed down.
** If you are planning on coming to the event, and have a small peice or two you would like to show, e-mail me. :)

Hope to see you all at The Tonga Hut on Saturday Oct. 3rd!

MUCHO MAHALO and VIVA ATOMICA!

~ Atomikitty
http://www.atomikitty.com

Bump! absolutely this is going to be a great, fun event!

Hey Folks,

Really looking forward to celebrating with you this Saturday at the Tonga Hut!

Classic Car Show and BBQ starts at 5:30 out back (please post here if you are planning to cruise up in your sweet ride!)
Drink specials, music and a great Low Brow/Tiki art show inside.
Sponsored by Sailor Jerry and Sake2Me-with specials treats for all the good girls and boys. :drink:

I am VERY happy to announce our ultra-cool artist line-up!

• Dale Sizer
• Big Toe
• Candy
• Squid
• Atomikitty
• Claudette
• Jessica Whiteside

Your eyes will be pleasantly swimming with Pin-Ups, Tikis, Hot Rods and all sorts of Low Brow goodness!

*Keep in mind too that this little shindig is a labor of love, celebrating LA's longest running Tiki Bar.
There is no artist fee or mark-up, so this is a great and rare opportunity to hob-knob with some really talented folks,
and buy art at an insanely good price-direct from the artist!

So let the LOVE and the RUM flow! :D

Just for fun, here's a little teaser game. . . I will BUY A DRINK for first person to accurately match the pics with the artists! ;D

H

Here are my guesses:
1=big toe
2=squiddly
3=candy
4=squiddly...and for bonus points, colored by bai
5=jessica whiteside
6=claudette
7=the always lovely atomikitty
8=dale sizer

how'd i do?

1=Candy
2=Squid
3=BigToe
4=Squid
5=Jessica Whiteside
6=Claudette
7=Atomikitty
8=Dale Sizer

1=Candy
2=Squid ala Castaway Ceramics
3=BigToe
4=Squid/Bai
5=Jessica Whiteside
6=the lovely Claudette
7=Atomikitty
8=Dale Sizer

Wow! Good job you guys!

Hoolie-so close! Just missed one. :)

Iokona Ki'i- YOU ARE THE WINNER! :drink:

Little Lost Tiki- YOU GET A GOLD STAR TOO!-Jason beat ya by just 10 minutes!
Don't you only drink Zipp Fizz anyways? :wink:

Thanks for playing.

See you Saturday!

Whoo! Can't wait! I'm bringin' a big car of people for some drinks and fun! Our tummies will be empty and ready for rum, of course.

Just added,

I got a call yesterday.
I will be DJing this event,

Suzy can you check your Pm's please.

Jeff(btd)

Fantastic! I'll be there for the later "shift" (after the 7PM LA Derby Dolls bout in Hollywood).
Always great to visit the Tonga Hut - even better when there are events!!

Suzy will be bringing me some Rockabilly to add to the Exotica, and surf tunes I will be spinning.

Thanks Suzy.

Jeff(btd)

R

On 2009-10-01 10:28, bigtikidude wrote:
Just added,

I got a call yesterday.
I will be DJing this event,

Suzy can you check your Pm's please.

Jeff(btd)

SWEET!!! :)

BK

Sigh! Reason #8,245 to leave this god-forsaken weather & move to SoCal! Me & my '59 will be there in spirit!

Get ready to set sail for TONGA!

The TONGA HUT's 51st Anniversary Celebration is tomorrow!

Hope to see you there.

Big Kahuna, wish you could join us too! We will be sure to toast to you and your '59. :)

Just added to the art show: An old favorite from the Lucky Tiki art show days! Bob Lizarraga!
http://www.boblizarraga.com/index.php

BK

Thanks, atomikitty! At least I get to go to Frankie's in a few weeks. Yeah, Vegas!!!!

great art last night.
some cool pin up art, and spooky Halloween art, mixed in with some tiki art.
not a huge turn out of cars, but the ones that were there were really cool.

thanks for having me spin.
Jeff(btd)

I arrived too late for the BBQ & cars; but it was great to enjoy Tonga Hut's cocktails to the DJ's choice selection of tracks. Thanks Tonga Hut & Jeff!

R

Huh! So i noticed no one took any pictures???

Well, I took a few, not a lot, but a few!

Enjoy!

AWWW!!!

Every time I see this picture, it's just so damn cute!

Squid & Kiki you guys make such an adorably cute couple!

The event was a lot of fun, I brought my Mama & a friend along to check it out and they really enjoyed it, especially the drinks! :)

Can't wait for another TH event :D

It's becoming my favorite place to hang out!

Pages: 1 20 replies