Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Menehunes! Butt-less No More!

Pages: 1 11 replies

C

Did you ever notice that the Trader Vic's Menehunes on the picks you get in your MaiTais lost their cute little tushies somewhere along the way!??

But, no Fear!

2 of this year's OHANA Luau at the Lake sponsors working together have rectified the situation - Trader Vic's, with a little help from Royer (www.royercorp.com) have put the butt back on the Menehunes - YEAH!!!!!!!

Check out the new & improved Menehune pick I picked-up at the Trader Vic's warehouse sale (shown here w/ the previous butt-less version):

Butt wait, there's more!

I had never previously noticed how different the top of the pick was from the larger Menehune swizzles.....the little Menehune at the top of the pick somewhere along the line had become almost zombie-like in appearance........(check out the eyes....just sayin'...)

Now he's looking just as fabulous as the big swizzles!!! (The old one is on the right)

Here's a close-up of the new guy that you'll be getting in your MaiTais from now on:

Happy imbibing with our friends, the Menehunes!

Hooray for the
MENE-BOOTIES!
:lol:

this is interesting and funny because its about butts.

glad it has been worked out by the good people at royer.

Very cool post and very good news. :)

Yes, we are easily entertained here on TC. :)

On 2009-09-29 12:30, croe67 wrote:

2 of this year's OHANA Luau at the Lake sponsors working together have rectified the situation - Trader Vic's, with a little help from Royer (www.royercorp.com) have put the butt back on the Menehunes - YEAH!!!!!!!

I'm happy to hear the situation was rectified, I assume (based on the outcome) that the Menehune was well analyzed.

On 2009-09-30 00:26, Hakalugi wrote:
"I'm happy to hear the situation was rectified, I assume (based on the outcome) that the Menehune was well analyzed".

Ha, ha, just showed this thread to the wife. Then had to explain that we're all in, like, uh, fourth grade. But clever fourth-graders, you see. She nodded...

S

Menehunes Got Back!

Now there's something very seldom seen--the backside of Oahu!

On 2009-10-03 12:37, Limbo Lizard wrote:

On 2009-09-30 00:26, Hakalugi wrote:
"I'm happy to hear the situation was rectified, I assume (based on the outcome) that the Menehune was well analyzed".

Ha, ha, just showed this thread to the wife. Then had to explain that we're all in, like, uh, fourth grade. But clever fourth-graders, you see. She nodded...

:D

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Oct 5, 2009 8:47 AM

I also learned another little tidbit about these now-butted Menehunes - they are made from sugar cane, which makes them better for the environment because they are now compostable.

Now, why anyone would ever want to compost these little cuties is completely beyond me!?!?!? :-?

Butt, in the unfortunate instance that one of these ends-up in a landfill, rather then in your home tiki bar where it should be, we can all rest easy that they will become one with the earth :wink:

sounds sweet!

Pages: 1 11 replies