Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

introductions

Pages: 1 2 replies

S

aloha, i am a new member of tiki central. been collecting tiki for about ten years, been carving just for fun for about seven years. fallbrook,ca. in north san diego county is where i call home. computers freak me out a little so this whole posting pictures thing may take me awhile to figure out. MAHALO

TT

Welcome, and how did you pick your TC name?

I'm Tacky Tiki because most people in the mainstream world see polypop as tacky. I like kitsch, but I know it's kitsch. That's the charm of it. I do not mistake kitsch for high fashion or maintstream design/fashion. I have one life here, as far as I know, and I'll have my house decorated in stuff that makes me happy-even if it's kitsch. I live here, I'm not going to decorate to impress others. So if I have a "Tacky" tiki room-so be it!

I also wear "tiki" dresses in bright colors from the 60's and early 70's sometimes. My faves are Penney's Hawaii, Sears, and Ui Maikai. It's what I like. It's me! Tacky? Or not? Who cares? I'm the one wearing it!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Tiki Central! And remember to use our 'search' function to check out more cool stuff!!

:drink:
Tacky

S

aloha tacky tiki, how did i choose my TC user name? i didn't choose it, it chose me. a long story that might be considered boring unless a mug of grog was part of the telling.

Pages: 1 2 replies