Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Tiki art by Dennis Mathewson

Pages: 1 16 replies

Hi Everybody, I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would take some time to up date you with some of my newest painting from Hawaii.
Most my work is on metal and the back grounds are all hand ground into aluminum, then Paint the images using solvent base paints brush and airbrush.
I draw all the images from my head on paper first before I transfer to the metal to paint. My artwork hangs in 7 gallery location though out Hawaii.Hope you like some of the new stuff.
Aloha Dennis Mathewson

Here some other ones.
Some not so Tiki stuff and one is just done in the metal (bamboo) that have painted in the last couple months too.
Mahalo for checking it out ...Dennis

L

Really beautiful work...I have to say that I love the jellyfish...its breathtaking to look at.

very very cool stuff i love it!!!!!

Really nice stuff. The raw metal contrasts so perfectly with your artwork. Really diggin' that tank! Don't tell me you expect someone to actually dive with it? So nice.

Right on Dennis!
that jellyfish is a sight to behold!
beautiful new batch!

T

ive been keeping up with your art for some time now it just gets better andbetter rock on

T

Wow! Your work is mesmerizing. Awesome!

Great work, Dennis! I was able to see many of your art pieces in the Diamond Head Gallery in Lahaina last year. You have to see it in person to feel the depth and richness of the colors. I especially loved one piece you painted showing a Tiki-man kneeling down offering his flower lei to a chasm full of hot flowing lava (Pele?). You could feel the heat radiating from the lava and wanted to know the story behind that Tiki-man.

Keep up the great work! We will be back in Lahaina in Feb 2010, and look forward in seeing more of your work. Those jellyfish are amazing!

Aloha,
Myke

Thanks everybody for your kind comments.
I am planning a trip to Carmel - Monterey this coming week to take jelly fish photos at the aquarium. Any suggestions where to hook up with any tiki activities ( Bars, restaurants, art galleries and cool shops) in that area would be appreciated.
Aloha Dennis
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/6582/4ada1a68.jpg[/img

I just finished a new painting titled "Island Lifestyle". It is 52"X20" on aluminum. It gives a real expression on our life style here in Hawaii.
It has a little flavor of all of our Kultures mixed in it.
I hope you like it and I will be unveiling it tomorrow at the Pearl Harbor Navy Exchange location
Aloha Dennis Mathewson

Dennis, good to see your work again. For some reason, I was thinking about your "Coconut Wireless" just last week :)

B

WOW! some amazing, amazing stuff happening around here! Thank you for sharing this work Dennis. The painting is killer, and I love the fact that you playing on aluminum. What the heck did you paint that jellyfish on?

awww, the island life....what I wouldn't give!

T

Yet another fascinating piece! What kind of paint do you use? I'm guessing enamels...?

Funny I just picked up an art scene international mag for your airbrushing "how to" on that seahorse, awesome stuff, can't wait to try that liquid mask!

Dennis that is some FANTASTIC art!!!! You are one very talented person,A big mahalo for sharing with us!!!

You sure make an airbrush sing!

Pages: 1 16 replies