Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tikis of Seven Tiki Rum

Pages: 1 13 replies

H

Don't worry, not spam.
I'm not posting this in the Tiki Drinks and Food forum because this post is not about the rum itself. I'm posting here because of their artwork. Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen their artwork posted or mentioned on Tiki Central. The bottle of their spiced rum comes with a little booklet showing the "Seven Tikis". Overall I thought they did a good job and they should be commended for not going the Party City route.

From their website:

http://www.seventiki.com/

Ha, you beat me to it. I agree, this Tiki-titled product represents a good effort, especially in the light of other "TIKI" products that have much less in common with the concept.

Though these two gentlemen have tasted it and have this to say:

Yellow Moai: I am intrigued by the name!
Green Moai: Listen: "Its aroma is the scent of Fiji’s forests. Sugarcane, vanilla, peach, banana and dark wood. Its flavor weaves the sweetness of sugarcane with wood and vanilla to create a perfect balance."
Hmmm, yummy,...there's only one flavor missing, that of Rum.

But back to the packaging. While the logo is so cryptic that it is rather non-committal in it's connection to the name, the booklet that is hanging around the bottle neck has a complete myth, and a map that rearranges the Polynesian Islands a new way -a subtle hint that what follows is pure Polynesian pop poetry:

Next we are introduced to the (website's) seven Tiki characters, with their own stories:

Designwise they range from the elongated faces that remind me a bit of cheap World Market import masks...

..too more interesting free form Poly pop Tikis. It is just too bad that they did not trust the simplicity that Tikis originally have, and had to ad this type of Asian (not Polynesian) ornament on them. Probably because some clueless executive saw the designer's renderings and decreed "These need more exotic stuff!"

There is one that uses the Cook Islands Tiki form, and the last Tiki is clearly inspired by the Trader Vic logo Tiki:

In the end, they are humble enough to suggest to mix their rum in a let's say, rather simple manner. :)

R

The Mai Kai is doing a variation on the Barrel O'Rum with Seven Tiki Rum... while it's not exactly the same drink (vanilla being the most potent of flavors), it's an interesting twist on an old favorite.

Was able to find a bottle while in Florida, and as far as "spiced" rums go, this is very different from any other I've tried. Am enjoying mixing it into a variety of recipes.

Cheers,
Rupe

On 2009-10-18 14:32, bigbrotiki wrote:
Ha, you beat me to it. I agree, this Tiki-titled product represents a good effort, especially in the light of other "TIKI" products that have much less in common with the concept.

Though these two gentlemen have tasted it and have this to say:

These to Gentlemen need to talk to these Gentlemen

Alright Jamie, you got that gig!? Very cool! :)
I agree, so reserve one for me! Are you guys coming over to Berlin for the X-mas Luau?

T

I have always seen Sven as Seven.

Here is one of the finished mugs (Very kindly donated to the Trader Woody collection by Adam of Keko Moku):

Trader Woody

T

I want a donated mug

That's a damn cool mug.

Congrats cheekytiki!

Very Nice, art, and Mugs,
but Like Sven said,
where is the rum flavor.
to me it tasted like spiced rubbing alcohol.
I may get a bottle just to have it if I need a spiced rum.
maybe for Hot Buttered Rums.
and the book.

but surely not in the realm of nice sipping rums.

Jeff(btd)

On 2009-12-10 18:51, teaKEY wrote:
I want a donated mug

I guess you'll have yo move to the UK and tirelessly promote Tiki then.

Be sure to write as soon as you get there.

well for the rest of us...... will the mugs be avail. on the web site sometime in the future????? awsome mug, want one

Me want mug & rum!!!

Got rum.....need the mug!!!

:drink:
Tacky

Pages: 1 13 replies