Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Vic's Passport to Exotic Cocktails - And Other Brochure Items

Pages: 1 13 replies

I picked up this nice little Trader Vic's Passport to Exotic Cocktails booklet.

How about these mug prices, four Suffering Bastard mugs for $6.95 or a Scorpion Bowl for $6.50!

This must have been the peak of the Trader Vic's merchandising era, look at all of the stuff listed.

The Passport advertises three different kinds of Trader Vic's blended rums, the Mai Tai Rum, the Navy Grog Rum and the Light Rum.

Here is the description. Made for the homeowner to replicate the drinks found at Trader Vic's

The Passport also lists a slew of recipes, many of which can still be made without the custom mixes.

Here is the Fog Cutter and the Tonga Punch.

A fun little memento from the Trader Vic's past.

DC

[ Edited by: Dustycajun 2012-09-06 21:27 ]

D

what an amazing find! Its really only recently that Trader Vic's has begun to sell their mugs and stuff again. For the longest time, if you asked if they sold their mugs at a restaurant, you got a "no" answer.

Great little book DC. I like the graphics. Is there a date for it anywhere?

That's a really nice find. Feel free to post more of the drink recipes. :wink:

Digtiki,

I agree, it's good to see Trader Vic's offering their wares again. I got one of the new mugs from LA when the first opened.

Trav,

No date on the Passport booklet, but California Sales Tax charge on the order form was 4%, which puts it between 1962 and 1967.

LoungeShark,

Here are a few more scans from the Passport.

The full intro:

Some more recipes.

DC

Thanks DC. I appreciate it. Would love to get a set of those myself. Plus, it'd be interesting to see how different these drinks are using the TV Mai Tai Rum vs. the modern version of mix, dark rum and lime juice.

On 2009-10-20 16:11, Dustycajun wrote:

How about these mug prices, four Suffering Bastard mugs for $6.95 or a Scorpion Bowl for $6.50!

They call it a mai tai mug.
I wonder if they ever did serve a mai tai in the S.B. mug.
Great find DC.

I just had to grab this photo from Witch Doctors post showing the 4 set of the Suffering Bastard Mugs in the gift box - just as advertised! Wow!

DC

Thats my buddy Crazy Johnny in Augusta Georgia...I have seen this .
Awesome find .

yea they are sweet...i have been offered some sick coin for them.. but sorry not for sale but Tiki bill will get them in my will,...hahahhah

I saw this great old brochure on ebay that had a lot of the Trader Vic's merchandise for sale.

Man he sold everything under the sun for some home fun!

Not to mention other items like

Cuff Links

Thermometers

Paper Weights

Pins

Cards

Rum

Lighters

And even an Olympic pin.

The merchandise master. Donn was never into that stuff.

DC

S

Really dig this thread, thanks for bringing it back up DC. I actually have the first passport but in all honesty I never opened it to look at it until this morning when I read this thread!

Love seeing the prices on these items

CT

I like all of this stuff, but how can you figure out how much to pay for it?

Pages: 1 13 replies