Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dynotones,play, and tiki farm mug release,Halloween at Don the Beachcomber

Pages: 1 25 replies

pic of the mug, by tiki farm
http://www.dynotones.com/News.html

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-10-20 18:10 ]

Halloween costume? Check. Somewhere to go? Check! Thanks for posting this Jeff. :)

my pleasure, Tiki Kitty.

Hope they get a good crowd at Don't that night.

its 9pm till midnite, so you can do the trick or treating with the kids,
then swing by after.

Jeff(btd)

Woot! I hope there's a good crowd too. People watching on Halloween is the most, to say the least.

I'm going to post the flyer on facebook tonight to help spread the word. I think we'll have a group of 4-6. It sounds like Stacey (Happy Chi) might make the trip too, and perhaps her roomie - Swamp something or other.

No kids here, but we might get some trick-or-treaters, so that is good timing. Hope you've got your costume pressed! :wink:

H

I am SOOOOOOOO there Tiki Kitty! Can't wait! Now, what to where for the Halloween festivities???

YAY for the Chi that is happy! Costume ideas just sent your way. Pick one, or be punished publicly.

bump

Sooooooo.....are we the only 3 going or what???

I know that a few people from the surf music scene will be there too.
but they don't post on TC much or at all.
as for tiki peeps I think that Scott(Spermwhale) and mrs. will be coming.
hope some others show up too.

Jeff(btd)

SK

I really want to go to this show but am a maybe at this point.

I gotta get the boss lady on-board with driving up there. It is a bit of a haul from SD but I'm sure it will be well worth it.
I've never seen these guys play before so any details of what to expect at their show is appreciated.

SF

This looks awesome!! Anyone know what the cover charge is? And bonus question, how much are those mugs?

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!

show is free, not sure about the mug, contact the band, and or Tiki Farm about that,

as for how the band is live, I say its a Hot Rod surf, mixed with a Link Wray type vibe.

here is there myspace, with a couple videos on it,
http://www.myspace.com/dynotones

Jeff(btd)

Really tight surf rock, without all the shtick that some surf bands sometimes utilize. The Dynotones are one of the few surf bands I really like.

Happy Chi - we've got a small handful of friends meeting there too, and last weekend a couple of TC folks said they'd probably be heading over after the Trick-or-Treat festivities.

Sofa King - when we invited some friends to see The Dynotones a few weeks ago, they also asked for a description of the music. My reply - "Surf reverb mixed with garage/drag-racing roughness, and a shot of sci-fi on the side." Pretty sure I also told someone that their music makes you feel sexy n' stuff - lol.

So there. Clear as mud, right? :wink:

Oh, and consider throwing on a costume, people. Come on - it'll be fun!

Tiki Kitty / Deanna

Don't forget fuzzy guitars!!

On 2009-10-28 14:23, Tiki Kitty wrote:
Happy Chi - we've got a small handful of friends meeting there too, and last weekend a couple of TC folks said they'd probably be heading over after the Trick-or-Treat festivities.

Sofa King - when we invited some friends to see The Dynotones a few weeks ago, they also asked for a description of the music. My reply - "Surf reverb mixed with garage/drag racing roughness, and a shot of sci-fi on the side." Pretty sure I also told someone that their music makes you feel sexy n' stuff - lol.

So there. Clear as mud, right? :wink:

Oh, and consider throwing on a costume, people. Come on - it'll be fun!

Tiki Kitty / Deanna

Well you know me, never one to leave it alone...
So the music is transgendered? You said garage/drag? Is that like closet/gay? I'm confused...and that will make me "feel sexy n' stuff" How? (I'm a little unclear about the "stuff" part also)
Clear as mud, No! :wink:

Oh, BBs - what to do with you?

Yes, so "transgendered music for the confused". You oughta LOVE it! :wink:

Thanks everybody for the input and I think I get the picture of what to expect...a Headwig and the Angry Inch surf band..SWEET.

Thats a man baby...YEAH!

I kid I kid..

Seriously all the descriptions sound great. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't dragging my wife to a show that was a little too heavy or punk for hear taste. Unless something unexpected comes up we are going.

I can't wait and thanks again everyone for chiming in.
SF

LOL - now THAT looks like a party.

Glad my description didn't scare you off. Looking forward to seeing you and your wife there, Sofa King!

T

the green Don Tiki Farm mug??

On 2009-10-29 08:14, teaKEY wrote:
the green Don Tiki Farm mug??

Hi teaKEY - nope, it's the Dynotones mug, pictured in the link Jeff gave...

pic of the mug, by tiki farm
http://www.dynotones.com/News.html

saw the mug in person last Sat.
it looks even better than the pics.

see ya'll tonight.

Jeff(btd)

oooowwwwww my head.

If I didn't know better I'd say a zombie got inside my skull and ate some of my brains.
But I guess its just a mix of too much candy, and Rum.
can you say sugar OD and then withdrawals.

Really good show last night,
and great turn out too.

too bad I forgot my camera in my truck.
doh....

The Dynotones Mug is awesome.
its funny it sweats like crazy.
or maybe the place was just that hot and steamy.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Smashing Good Time Last Night! Dynotones were stellar! Loved them! Especially liked their "I Was A Teenage Werewolf". Wish I knew who was from TC there, but I don't know what anyone looks like, especially in costume, HA! Cheers!

SK

What a great show with killer atmosphere. My wife and I were stoked we went. The last time we went to Don's was just after the transition over from Kona's. Seeing and tasting the improvements from Sam's to Kona's to Don's is impressive especially the drinks!

Dynotones ripping it up.

And did I mention how good their drinks are?

Ahh....The zombie...so good..so good to the lips.

Did I mentions how well the drinks worked?

Sofa King worked.

What an excellent evening. Big thanks to both the band and mixologist for DOIN IT RIGHT!

SF

Pages: 1 25 replies