Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Halloween Tiki Drink suggestions?

Pages: 1 17 replies

Anyone have some ideas for any drink recipes or drink variations for Halloween? It could be orange, it could be smoking (a la a fogcutter), etc. Just trying to think of something appropriate since a Saturday night Halloween is a rare occurence! Mahalo and BOO!

I know it's not very tiki, but I recently made candy corn cordials at a party. Maybe you could serve them in tiki mugs? (Beware, though, this drink is quite sweet!)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/candy-corn-cordials-recipe/index.html

[ Edited by: nkash001 2009-10-26 11:28 ]

[ Edited by: nkash001 2009-10-26 11:29 ]

usually pain killers come out orange...
they is good.
Pusser rum has receipe

I always do up a batch of Painkillers. I will sometimes add a good 1/4 cup of organic pumpkin puree to a pitcher full and blend together. It comes out surprisingly good and the pumpkin add just a bit of flavor. Don't skimp on the spices!

I serve in a small, hallowed out pumpkin, too.

For garnish: a lychee fruit stuffed with strawberry jam and a frozen blueberry skewered to the side of the pumpkin = bloody eyeball!!!

[ Edited by: jingleheimerschmidt 2009-10-26 13:35 ]

S

The Voodoo Priestess is a good choice as well.

I like to use blood oranges to gruesome up my drinks a little.
My "Anita Bryant" zombie is pretty deadly.

Barnabas Collins

1 ½ to 2 oz. Vampyre Vodka
1 oz. Blood Orange Juice
1 shot (1 ½ oz) Sweet and Sour
3 oz soda water

Mix in a Highball Collins glass with ice like any other Collins. Alternatively, the Sweet n’ Sour,
Simple Syrup and soda water can be substituted with approx. 4 ounces of Collins Mix. The blood orange gives it a more suitable flavor as well.

Yes, the Barnabas Collins is a Vodka Collins made with Vampyre Vodka (vodka with a lot of red food dye). Can't find Vampyre Vodka? Here is an alternate recipe:

½ oz lemon juice
1 shot Vodka (Vampyre Vodka optional)
1 ½ oz Torani or Monin Blood Orange Syrup
Seltzer Water

For those who are too young to remember, Barnabas Collins was a character on the 1960s Soap Opera Dark Shadows, a vampire from the late 18th century.

T

Here's an "eye-catching" All Hallows Eve variant of the Bloody Mary, printed in the local Florida Today newspaper. The recipe came from the vodka company, I believe.

Red Zombie

1 1/2 oz. SKYY Vodka
3 oz. Tomato Juice
1/2 tsp. Finely Grated Horseradish
1 tsp. Barbeque Sauce
3 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
3 Dashes Tabasco Sauce
1/2 tsp. Finely Chopped Chipotle en Adobo
Pinch of Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Generous Squeeze of Lemon Juice
Pinch of Celery Seeds
1 Celery Stick
2 Large Green Olives
2 Lychee Fruits

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into martini glass. Garnish with green eye balls, laid across the rim of the glass*.
*Cut the end of a stalk of celery so it measures 5-6 inches long and split the stick in half lengthwise. Slide the green olives into two lychee fruits to make eye balls and push the thin celery stick through both as garnish.

On 2009-10-27 09:08, Swanky wrote:
Frog in a Blender

Ewww! :)

Mahalo everyone! I think I'll try them all (although the Candy Corn Cordial does give one pause)! Happy Halloween!

We threw our 6th annual Halloween bash and chose to go with Voodoo Juice in a big 2 gallon cooler. We went through 6 gallons of the stuff and had a great party.
Voodoo Juice...as we made it
1 part coconut rum
1 part pineapple rum
1 part citrus rum
1 part banana rum
2 part pineapple juice
2 part cranberry juice.

Serve over cracked ice and add a dark rum floater.

[ Edited by: westcoastchi 2009-11-03 18:05 ]

T

Vodoo Juice sounds tasty! I'll have to try that one.

As for this past Halloween, we tried most of the ones suggested here and I have to say that for me personally, the Vodoo Priestess was a winner. Not to take anything away from the others but I can see why the original thread about this drink was so enthusiastic! Definately a perfect tropical cocktail for Halloween and the Holiday season in general. Thanks again everyone!

I've got a dusty bottle of Hiram Walker pumpkin spice liqueur-- I'm going to try out a MaiTai substituting the pumpkin for the curacao..

Results to be determined tonite...

I've seen one with curdled Bailey's and grenadine that's supposed to look like brains?

Bloody Brain Shooter

Trader Sam's serves up a tasty Piranha Pool and Shrunken Zombie Head.

Piranha Pool - Strawberry Vodka blended with Pineapple Juice, Cream of Coconut, Strawberry Puree, and Blue Curacao. I love anything with strawberry, pineapple and coconut.

Shrunken Zombie Head - Reserve and Aged Rums, Tropical Juices, Falernum, and Cinnamon. I like cinnamon and almond flavoring in mixed drinks.

Who knew that Rob Zombie was venturing into food products? Next Halloween try his House of 1000 Corpses Hot Chocolate Mix. The can says blood red hot chocolate. If you put it in a green mug it would make for a festive Christmas drink.

Halloween drinks

The Pumpkin Pie drink while good, doesn't taste much like pumpkin pie. The Oatmeal cookie is a real crowd-pleaser.

Black Cat - small glass filled w/ ice
2oz. kahlua
fill the rest w/ coke and garnish w/squeeze of lemon

Black Wolf Martini
2oz light rum
dash vermouth
1 black olive
put liquid in shaker w/ice and pour into martini glass

Caramel Apple (this is good)
1.5oz. sour apple pucker
1/2 oz. butter shots
Shaker w/ice and pour into martini glass

Pumpkin Pie shot
2oz. kahlua
1oz. bailey's
1oz goldschlager (might try 1/2oz. because cinnamon is strong)
add into a large shot glass
light on fire to warm
add pumpkin pie spice to "cook"
blow out flame and serve

Chocolate Mint Martini (this is good also. Might be more appropriate for X-Mas)
2oz. white creme de cacao
2oz vodka
1/2 "white" creme de menthe
take a martini glass and rim it with cocoa powder (like a margarita glass)
put liquid into a shaker w/ice and you know the rest.

Oatmeal Cookie (people really like this one)
1oz goldschlager
10z buttershots
1oz bailey's
shaker w/ice and pour into a shot glass

Pages: 1 17 replies