Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Your Favorite TV Spy Shows

Pages: 1 12 replies

Lets Talk about all those great Spy Shows from TV, Danger Man, Secret Agent, The Prisoner, Avengers, Man from U.N.C.L.E. I Spy, etc.

Loved Man from U.N.C.L.E. We were 13 & 14 when it came out in '64. I was a little old for some toys, but had to have the Napoleon Solo P-38 with silencer kit that they put out. I've got a great signed photo of Robert Vaughn in his get-up somewhere, I'll dig it up & post a scan. Liked Get Smart for laughs, The Prisoner, Secret Agent, and Have Gun Will Travel (Richard Boone was so cool) & The Wild West for old west 'spy' stuff. A bit later it was smoke some & watch Lancelot Link Secret Chimp, right after Sanford & Son.

S

Your Favorite TV Spy Shows--- All of 'em!

OK, I have got a story for you....

Growing up in the 60s I loved Spy shows, when other kids were watching cartoons I was watching Secret Agent, I Spy, Avengers, etc.
But I loved the "Man from U.N.C.L.E." & "The Prisoner" blew my mind, I really dug these shows & caught them when first run.

So fast forward to the early 70's, My family had moved to Newport Beach, Ca. I am now a teenager, We had a family friend named
Kevin Donnelly who was at the time an A.D. on many TV shows, later he would do Stunt & 2nd Unit Director duties on movies like, Point Break,Navy seals, Blue Thunder and later Temple of Doom, etc.

My Parents get a call from Kevin saying he is down the street with a production crew filming an episode of Columbo, He wanted to know if I would like to help out on the set for a couple of days, After about a 100th of a second, thinking about it, I agreed & rushed out to meet him.

The set was just at the end of the street I lived on, so minutes later I am being entroduced to the director "Patrick McGoohan" YES star of "The Prisoner" Star Peter Falk & Guest star "Robert Vaughn" Yes Napoleon Solo himself.

MY MIND WAS BLOWN!!!

I did not get all fanboy on them, I was very nervous being around my childhood hero's but I was there to work on a TV set for a couple of days
It was as cool as Flint, and one of the moments you always remember.

Just thought I would share with you all.

Favorite Spy shows...The Avengers, Hands down. Emma Peel in the leather catsuit. Does it get any better? Did Mrs. Peel and Steed have a thing going on? Honor Blackman was OK, but she didn't send me like Mrs. Peel. I also like The Man from U.N.C.L.E., I always remember the" Strigas Affair" episode with Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner and... I draw a blank, you know, Col. Klink. Good Episode. I enjoyed pretty much all the Spy shows and still do. Get Smart, great show, lousy recent movie remake. They should have left it alone.

Cheers!
Scott

Favorite Spy shows...The Avengers, Hands down. Emma Peel in the leather catsuit. Does it get any better? Did Mrs. Peel and Steed have a thing going on? Honor Blackman was OK, but she didn't send me like Mrs. Peel. I also like The Man from U.N.C.L.E., I always remember the" Strigas Affair" episode with Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner and... I draw a blank, you know, Col. Klink. Good Episode. I enjoyed pretty much all the Spy shows and still do. Get Smart, great show, lousy recent movie remake. They should have left it alone.

Cheers!
Scott

...Open Channel D...I am NOT a number, who is number 1...loved em all!!!

I'm gonna watch the new Prisoner when it comes on...but nothing ever replaces the original. :(

It's Halloween, The wife & I are giving out candy to the young demons running about & we are watching a french spoof of 60s spy movies called
OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies on the Sundance channel.

It is a bit of fun, very well done, lot's of laughs....Happy Hulaween!

Let's not forget the ladies. The GIRL from U.N.C.L.E. April Dancer (Stefanie Powers) was the dominatrix of my adolescent fantasies in 1966. Ann Francis as Honey West (more of a P.I. than a secret agent but I'm not gonna split hairs) was kind of an edgy "cool enough to seduce the bad guys, but tough enough to drop the hammer" kinda gal. and Agent 99...be still my heart!

I am going to watch the new Prisoner series tonight, anyone else want to chime in later with any remarks ?
Be seeing you......

Edward Woodward dies, aged 79

Woodward had been suffering from various illnesses, including pneumonia, and died in hospital, said his agent, Janet Glass.
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article6918528.ece

Loved Edward Woodward in the Equalizer, especialy when he got the goods
on Adam Ant(who played a sleazy white slavery ring leader)

The new Prisoner is not bad, I like the A-Frame Village
sort of like your barracks in paradise

S

Woodward was also in a spy series (and I think a film) named "Callan" which I don't think ever played here in the U.S.

Pages: 1 12 replies