Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: WOW! Witco bar on ebay alert! (drool... drool...)

Pages: 1 36 replies

check out ebay item number 120486790250

needs about 2 more stools but it is a happening thing! (more drool... drool...)

This one I gotta watch! THAT, my sweets, I would consider to be no less than the holy grail of Witco!

The Tahiti Bar, with stools in original upholstery. Not from the 60s as stated on e-bay, but from the peak of Witco baroque, 1971-72. According to keigs, man at the source, only 15 were ever made. (I have one of them, who else does?)

On 2009-10-30 08:17, tikitussy wrote:
needs about 2 more stools

Needs more stools? Waddaya, new!? :wink: Would ya look at it!: This is a perfect piece of art in itself, it needs nothing, it wants nothing, it is .....complete! :)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-10-30 10:19 ]

needs about 2 more stools but it is a happening thing! (more drool... drool...)

from the looks of the catalogue, it may have only come with two stools.

Here's the photo in The eBay listing:

If their really is a Santa Claus this will be under my tree this year.

Did I read this right, Free Shipping?

We should keep a list on TC of who has an example on this witco bar in their Tiki collection...

#1 Big Bro
#2 Tikinomad
#3 ?

I've seen 2 other examples for sale, both on craigslist in N.J./P.A.
One was around $2,000 and the smaller version (without the front masks) for $1,800 and both sold quickly. I was lucky enough to find mine for a $75 bucs in a barn in P.A. :)
I wonder how much this one will fetch?

In the old economy, this puppy would have brought in 5 grand easy...but no one knows what it'll fetch nowadays, all bets are off.
This one looks like it's in such great condition, it should be close to that, though. I mean look at that chunk of hacked wood, don't you just wanna hug it!? :)

Sweet Ginger Brown !

On 2009-10-30 11:31, Unga Bunga wrote:
Did I read this right, Free Shipping?

Oh, now, stop that. Here's the info from the listing

On 2009-10-29 12:03, odd2mod wrote:

SHIPPING CHARGE, INSURANCE INCLUDED-(To the 48 contiguous states only)

$350.00 via Plycon freight which includes 2 man inside delivery/set up, first floor only.

Or, if not too far away, it will WALK itself over.

yep its good heres pics from auction so they can live on - NICE shots

Not my pics - thanks to odd2mod

Here's a couple pics of my bar to add to the fun! :)

It was missing the top when I found it so I had to make one....

Nice job, Tim, you got yourself a Tiki mug jungle there. A real headhunter repository.

Xlnt display Tikinomad , a man after my own heart with that set up.
Tiki is alive and well in PA .

I think you ought to commission ken pleasant to make you a new top to match the original....

..and now...let me see a picture of that tiki you have inside the door frame....that looks really cool ...

S

Wow. Just wow.

On 2009-10-31 10:57, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..and now...let me see a picture of that tiki you have inside the door frame....that looks really cool ...

Doesn't it, indeed!

i knew it must have been those tikis...i remember the blue print from another thread....thanks big bro.....

T

Thanks guys! That picture of all the Kona Kai Tiki's that I took is from a few years ago. My friend Jeremy found all of those that a roofer had in his warehouse out in P.A. We got some wonderful pieces from Irv and that was one of them! I have 5 great carvings from the Kona Kai still in my collection.

Not a Witco fan myself...dodging the bullets...but found this...
edit...sold for $1300...sorry for blurry pic.

[ Edited by: vampiressrn 2009-11-08 18:51 ]

T

It went for $2,402.77.......wow!

That's cheap for that baby! And for the above one, too, in such excellent condition! Aaah, to be wealthy in this Tiki market...

On 2009-10-31 09:48, bigbrotiki wrote:
Nice job, Tim, you got yourself a Tiki mug jungle there. A real headhunter repository.

Speaking of headhunters, that's a mighty fine one sitting by that bar in the Chateau De Bigbro!

Any pictures that I have ever seen of "Chateau De Bigbro" blow me away. What a wonderful slice of Tiki heaven! :)

Thanks. Part of the secret of this kind of trophy collection is that it has been 17 years in the making, with only one move, and some minor sell-off. The problem at this point is that it has reached capacity to the degree that only the most unique and rarified items will still be squeezed in somewhere. Case in point BK's headhunter. :)

But back to those Witco bars: Congratulations to whoever won them, a good deal on good art!

The ebay ad says it is the same style Tiki bar as the one in Elvis' Graceland, but it's not:

(Photo from Humuhumu)

DC

HELL, I,ve got three of them for sale
hacienda;

color sticks;

tiki/african;

On 2009-11-17 20:08, TIKI DAVID wrote:

Hey t-dave, why don't you tell the folks how much they are and how much for shipping? What is the eBay item numbers on these?

On 2009-11-17 21:27, bananabobs wrote:

On 2009-11-17 20:08, TIKI DAVID wrote:

Hey t-dave, why don't you tell the folks how much they are and how much for shipping? What is the eBay item numbers on these?

Well first, this is not my thread for selling things,it was/is more of a,
"HEY WITCO BARS FOR SALE" shout out. I have a thread for selling my stuff.

Cost? To be worked out between 'serious buyer'(which clearly,you are not)and me.
In an effort to keep uninformed comments and other 'asshole remarks' in the forum to a minimum, PM's and phone work best.
Shipping of course would depend on 'where to' and 'how'? duh!
EBAY? NO, never ,not, zip.
I have tried to keep my answer,and my process,simple ,so even you,stevie our 'California weather man' could understand.

Classic Tiki David.....short sweet and to the point.

On 2009-11-18 11:52, 1961surf wrote:
Classic Tiki David.....short sweet and to the point.

What's classic about that? Please explain why you identify with this fellow...it may prove to be very enlightening to many...Oh I remember, I kicked you to the curb when you offered a ruined surfboard as a "Decorator surfboard" So do you "spin" the truth like this guy? Please explain...you stepped into it and opened your mouth so please...explain.

Cost? To be worked out between 'serious buyer'(which clearly,you are not)and me.

A "serious" buyer? define what that means, do you mean someone willing to pay your inflated price with out negotiating? I see you have had a lot of serious buyers...that's why you still have 3?

In an effort to keep uninformed comments and other 'asshole remarks' in the forum to a minimum, PM's and phone work best.

Okay remember who started this, YOU. Anytime you can, you make smartass remarks, digs and insults. All because when you offered a lamp, I asked you how much to which you said "How much do you want to pay for it?" (Don't you hate that!) I answered and apparently insulted you, you went aggro and continue to stir up crap anytime you can. You seem to be the uninformed asshole here.

Shipping of course would depend on 'where to' and 'how'? duh!

Funny, the one on eBay had a flat price...or are you the type to jack up the shipping after the sale to "pad" the sale?

EBAY? NO, never ,not, zip.

Why? It seems most everyone else here is able to use eBay just fine...too legitimate for you?

So I'm going to say it again here on the forms that you continue to pick a fight on, Chill Dude, grow up, back off and shut the hell up!

I apologize to everyone else for this rant, Tiki David has a rage problem and continues made Tiki Central a hostile environment towards me and I want it to Stop. I come here for fun, not to deal or spar with him. Who needs this?

H

Oh dear god. You guys are arguing about someone's style of selling silly furniture. You all sound ridiculous. Take a breather, it's really not worth derailing an otherwise perfectly relevant thread.

....looks like tiki david just got his ass handed to him.......

my 'ass' is just fine ,and you BOTH may KISS IT.

:)

N

On 2009-10-30 09:59, bigbrotiki wrote:
This one I gotta watch! THAT, my sweets, I would consider to be no less than the holy grail of Witco!

The Tahiti Bar, with stools in original upholstery. Not from the 60s as stated on e-bay, but from the peak of Witco baroque, 1971-72. According to keigs, man at the source, only 15 were ever made. (I have one of them, who else does?)

needs about 2 more stools

Needs more stools? Waddaya, new!? :wink: Would ya look at it!: This is a perfect piece of art in itself, it needs nothing, it wants nothing, it is .....complete! :)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-10-30 10:19 ]

what's the deal with the head hunter statue on the left hand side of this pic? were they reletively popular? i'm looking for a particular one i saw in a magazine years back.

[ Edited by: nimereht 2009-12-05 14:03 ]

Pages: 1 36 replies