Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Comment on Little Lost Tiki's Awful Karaoke Performances

Pages: 1 10 replies

Inspired by this thread here's a thread where you can comment all you like on Little Lost Tiki's awful karaoke performances without having to worry about getting a yellowed finger wagging.

Here's LiLoTi's awful karaoke performance of Sly and the Family Stone's Family Affair

Here's LiLoTi's awful karaoke performance of Cameo's Word Up

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-10-07 08:34. This message was an inside joke of sorts. Of sorts cuz as a joke it really wasn't all that funny. As to why it was again edited on 2012-01-10...Well, that's a SECRET! ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2012-01-10 21:09 ]

I'm speechless.

MN

"Word Up" was way better than "Family Affair"?????

agreed Erik!
Family Affair was just the warm-up...
3 more Bushmills and Cokes
and i had achieved perfect bliss
for WORD-UP

W

The performance of Family Affair is exactly what I always imagined karaoke would be like: "Ha-ha! Look I can't sing and here I am singing! On a stage! In front of people! And I'm a white guy singing a famous soul song! And I'm drunk!"

But I like the performance of Word Up better than the original. (I have to admit I have never heard the original all the way through, just snippets of it here and there.)

However, in order to own a song you need to know the song and Mr. Liloti's constant squinting at the teleprompter demonstrates that he is either only passingly familiar with the lyrics or is too drunk to correctly recall them.

As a result his performance has a stiffness to it which one would expect from almost anyone else other than Mr. Liloti, a man who has clearly attempted to make his actual life as cartoon-like as possible.

If Mr. Liloti were to take the time to fully know the material he chooses to perform and were to incorporate more of his natural physical fluidity into his stage presence he would no doubt give performances that people would talk about for years and which would see the stages he graces covered in panties.

Criticism understood,filed in the data banks,assimilated,and appreciated,Woofy!

Unfortunately, all the points you brought up were true....
I was wearing the wrong glasses/hence the squinting
was drunk,hence the slower reflexes and uninhibited moves
and hadn't practiced or heard the song in a while....

I promise to practice more next jaunt up to Seattle...
it hurts me to have disappointed so many...
:(

On 2009-11-02 09:03, woofmutt wrote:

"If Mr. Liloti were to ... fully know the material... and... incorporate more of his natural physical fluidity into his stage presence he would... see the stages he graces covered in panties..."

Yes, but, we're talking panties so BIG, it'll only take 2 or 3 pairs to cover the stage.

On 2009-11-02 10:05, Limbo Lizard wrote:
"If Mr. Liloti were to ... fully know the material... and... incorporate more of his natural physical fluidity into his stage presence he would... see the stages he graces covered in panties..."

On 2009-11-02 09:03, woofmutt wrote:
Yes, but, we're talking panties so BIG, it'll only take 2 or 3 pairs to cover the stage.

I imagine that's because your momma and gramma will be fans! :lol:
This is a COMMENT ON AWFUL KARAOKEE PERFORMANCES thread
Not aCOMMENT ON AWFUL KARAOKEE PERFORMANCES
WHILE PRACTICING AWFUL STANDUP ATTEMPTS thread..
thank you...
and NOW onto YOUR YouTubes,dear friends!

I'M HUNGEE!

http://www.kenruzic.com http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=0

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2009-11-04 08:28 ]

SD

I have only one word to say.....SPECTACULAR!

Jen

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 4, 2009 8:41 AM

Ruzic is the Mickey Hart of Karaoke.

groan.....

Pages: 1 10 replies