Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Don the Beachcomber on Continental Airlines

Pages: 1 9 replies

M
Mo-Eye posted on Wed, Nov 4, 2009 1:51 AM

Found this interesting May 1971 ad advertising Don the Beachcomber food and drinks on Continental Airlines :down:

Mo-Eye,

I just saw this Continental Airlines menu on ebay featuring Don the Beachcombers Food and Grog. I always knew about Trader Vic's and United Airlines but never knew about Don and Continental.

DC

M

Nice to see one in the great / bad 1970s color.

Those 2 guys must have competed on everything!

I picked up another 1970's version of the Don the Beachcomber menu for Continental Airlines.

You could get a Chi Chi, a Proud Bird or a Beachcomber Mai Tai - take that Trader Vic!

And to think, you got all of that food for free back in the day...

$7.00 snack box anyone?

DC

Cutaway showing the Micronesian Room, Hawaii Room, Polynesian Pub and California Room on a Continental 747.

Look at the pictures or carvings on the back wall.

Polynesian Pub

On 2013-03-14 18:54, tikilongbeach wrote:
Cutaway showing the Micronesian Room, Hawaii Room, Polynesian Pub and California Room on a Continental 747.

Fantastic brochure! The aircraft illustrated is a DC-10.

P
porco posted on Fri, Mar 15, 2013 9:12 AM

the illustration has a very "peter max/heinz edelmann" vibe about it. would love to know who did it.

Fantastic! Will those days ever return? Now that's what I call a Dreamliner. Donn Beach mentions his airline connection in an interview here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30245&forum=5&start=240&246 .

Postcard from the Continental Airlines Ponape Lounge. check out that dress on the stewardess!

DC

Air travel used to be depressingly amazing. I wish I'd been able to take a trip or two in that era.

kevin

Pages: 1 9 replies