Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Postcard display

Pages: 1 13 replies

UT

I did a little cleaning down in the lounge at thought I'd post a photo of my postcard collection. I don't have a huge collection by a long shot but I do have a good amount. I saved this vintage postcard display rack from going into the dumpster and it has worked out great. It sits in a far off corner and blends into the decor with the mood lighting on. The best part is that friends can browse through the postcards. They get a kick out of seeing a mug or a pack of matches in the collection and then finding the postcard from the same restaurant on the display rack. The rack even holds my vintage travel brochures. It holds a ton of cards, revolves and categorizes my cards well and doesn't take up much room.
These come up on ebay in all sizes often. Thanks.

Awesome idea, Unc.

I have a vintage rack to display my records.

L

Digging both of these racks guys.

I come across record racks all the time when i am out thrifting but pass on them because lack of records. I would love to find a postcard rack

Thanks for sharing!

Yea i found theses display cases from a "Sam Goodies" going out of business got them for free i have 4 in all, but still dont have enough, i have over 11,000 records.. and the 2nd picture is from my back wall i went to the good will and bought some strip molding and made wall racks came out pretty cool...

Love the colored vinyl.

wow - your room looks like a record store. Do you ever feel like you have to stop and pay when you take a record outside the room?

Racks are a cool way to display your postcards! (they also make it look like they are for sale!)

Wow...these displays are great. I used to have one of those post card racks, but didn't keep it when I moved...bummer, could use it now. I agree about the "record store" the colors are beautiful.

I like that strip molding...may try that for my Cocktail books. :)

yea ,you can get strip molding at any K-mart or Low's kind of store. But try the goodwills and salv/army first always have cheap goods.. The colored wax are old records i find at junk sales and so on. so i glued them together and when the sun shines through the window it has a stained glass look...

I'm working on my shrunken head display (yea a real one) want to have a Green light under him to cast off a creepy effect at night.. most of my friends , well really all of them tell me my house looks like the Munsters or Addams family..kind of neat or have I lost my Mind??????

here is my coffin Case i built out of scrap wood to display all my skull mugs ,,came out cool..i think i got to much time on my hands...woo hooo

On 2009-11-07 20:32, The Witch Doctor wrote:
.. most of my friends , well really all of them tell me my house looks like the Munsters or Addams family..kind of neat or have I lost my Mind??????

May we please see some photos of your pad? It sounds awesome!

that would be the 50 cent tour. Hours are 10 to 5 pm Daily, Sat. 12 to 4pm and closed on Sundays

On 2009-11-07 20:47, The Witch Doctor wrote:
here is my coffin Case i built out of scrap wood to display all my skull mugs ,,came out cool..i think i got to much time on my hands...woo hooo

whoa, thats really cool looking & a great idea to boot! lets see that baby loaded with skull mugs now!

Thanks for posting your pics! It makes me realize how paltry my vinyl collection is. I have about 1300 records total and I spend a lot of time looking for more. I guess I need to find better places to shop. :)

yea i have over 11,000 and i keep buying more every weeknd..Mostly punk, vintage rockabilly,Strang monster records.. i buy sell and trade so send me your want list..i deal in all types

Pages: 1 13 replies