Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Long Beach Tiki Festival?

Pages: 1 5 replies

I was looking through the Maikai Gents site (http://www.mkgents.com), and noticed something about a Long Beach Tiki Festival in August 23-24. I've never heard of this event. Will this be the first time? I couldn't find anything else on this on the net. Can Uka Grogg shed some light?

Aloha!
This is actually the 3rd annual Long Beach Tiki Beach Festival. It'll be August 23 & 24. Two days of Polynesian music, dance, and other entertainment. Here's the info that was sent to me from the promoter:

THE EVENT IS SAT AND SUN AUG 23RD 24TH, ON THE BEACH IN BELMONT SHORE(LONG BEACH) AT THE END OF GRANADA STREET...THE FIRST DAY STARTS WITH A BLESSING BY UNCLE DAVID NUEVI, OUTRIGGER CANOE RIDES, THE CATAMARAN NA HOKU OFFERING AN OFF SHORE MAI TAI BAR, POLYNESIAN DANCE TROOPS AND BANDS THRU OUT THE DAY, LAST YEAR WE HAD 75 ISLAND GOODS VENDORS, TIKI CARVERS , TRATIONAL HAWAIIAN FOODS FOR SALE,AND  A SUPERVISED KIDS PLAY AREA. AROUND 5:00 WE OPEN THE MAIN AREA UP FOR LUAU TICKET HOLDERS LAST YEAR AROUND 400, WE HAVE A GROUP PLAYING WHILE GUESTS HIT THE APPETIZERS AT 6:00 THE FAMILY STYLE  LUAU BEGINS AND SHORTLY AFTER THAT THE LUAU SHOW STARTS HULA GIRLS, YOU GUYS, A FIRE KNIFE SHOW AND THEN A BAND FOR DANCING CLOSES THE NIGHT...

SUNDAY WHICH IS A DAY WE'VE ADDED THIS YEAR IS THE BEACH PARTY..FEATURING A CLASSIC WOODIES SHOW AROUND 25 CARS, A BATTLE OF THE SURF BANDS, A BBQ COOK OFF, CALIF STYLE VENDOR BOOTHS, KAYAKS JETSKIS AND THE NA HOKU WILL BE AVAILABLE AS WELL, ALSO BOTH DAYS THERE WILL BE A KITE SURFING EXPO AND DEMOS, AT DUSK WE WILL BE SHOWING 1OR 2 MOVIES ON THE BEACH, BIG WEDNESDAY, ENDLESS SUMMER OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, BONFIRES TIKI TORCHS ATMOSPHERE A GO GO...ALOT OF FUN STUFF GOIN ON.

EVERY THING IS FREE EXCEPT THE LUAU, AND ANY ITEMS YOU'D WANT TO PURCHASE FROM A VENDOR.

Contact Fred Khammar (562) 434-1542

This is going to be a great event! More details as I get 'em.

-Iuka Grogg

Yes, the Long Beach Tiki Festival should be fun, and is the alternative event to go to if you aren't going to be making the trek over to Exotica 2003.

We did the Tiki Beach Fest last year and had a great time. selling stuff on the sand and just kicking back. Fred and his wife were some of the nicest people. I hope to participate there again.

Sounds great! Do I need to RSVP for anything (other than the luau)?

CJ

Don't think so?

Pages: 1 5 replies