Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Official Hukilau 2010 Room Crawl Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 121 replies

Aloha and welcome to the official source of information and discussion about the 2010 Hukilau room crawl. If you're looking for general information about the ninth annual Hukilau - coming June 10-13 to Fort Lauderdale - go to http://www.thehukilau.com or the Hukilau Facebook page. Be sure to sign up for the email newsletter. That's the best way to keep up with all the latest news. Look for the official event thread coming soon to Tiki Central.

The room crawl is scheduled for Thursday, June 10, at the Bahia Cabana Beach Resort during that evening's opening night party. There will be many more announcements forthcoming with all the details you'll need to be a room host or crawl participant. This is just an introduction to get the discussion rolling. So without further ado ...

*** INTRODUCING YOUR ROOM CRAWL HOSTS FOR 2010

Jim "Hurricane" Hayward and Mike "Jetsetter" Jones will be overseeing this year's crawl. Jim was one of the entertainment coordinators at last year's Hukilau and served up tasty cocktails in the room crawl kickoff party in the penthouse during the art show premiere. Mike needs no introduction: Former owner/operator of the late, great Jetsetter Lounge (Lake Worth, Fla.), he was one of the hosts of last year's kickoff party. We'll both be posting to this thread frequently and also can be reached via personal message or email at [email protected] ... Don't hesitate to give us a shout.

*** SO WHAT'S THE ROOM CRAWL?

For the uninitiated, it's simply a very festive, very (hopefully) organized series of Tiki-themed room parties hosted by Hukilau participants during scheduled times during the event. It gives hosts an opportunity to show off their mixology skills and imagination in decorating their rooms in their favorite Tiki-inspired decor. For a little background, take a look back at last year's thread:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30904&forum=4

*** WHAT'S NEW FOR 2010?

We're pleased to announce that Hukilau 2010 will have a rum sponsor who will provide limited amounts of their product. The Hukilau will also provide an ample supply of limes and lemons to ensure fresh juices for your concoctions.

Prizes will be awarded in several categories:

• $100 gift certificate to the Mai-Kai for the best decorated room!
  • $100 gift certificate to the Mai-Kai for the best cocktail creation (using sponsor rum)!
  • Special grand prize to be announced!

This year's crawl will also have an exciting new theme as well as an opportunity for those without a room to participate (more on that below).

We'll announce more details on all of the above when we know more.

*** HOW DO I PARTICIPATE AS A ROOM HOST?

The official room crawl will happen entirely during the evening of Thursday, June 10, at the Bahia Cabana Beach Resort. Of course you're free to have unofficial room parties anywhere at any time, but they won't be promoted as part of the opening night festivities. For the first time ever in Hukilau history, the Cabana is already sold out for Thursday night before event tickets even go on sale. It's entirely filled with Hukilau revelers! FYI, the adjacent Bahia Mar is hosting all other Hukilau activities and is now taking reservations. Go to TheHukilau.com and click on the hotel name to reserve online.

If you already have a room reserved at the Cabana, you're all set for now. If you've decided to host a room, just let us know by posting below, on the Facebook discussion or by email at [email protected] so we have some idea how many rooms to schedule. We won't be posting a schedule until after Hukilau tickets go on sale in January so you have time to figure out a game plan.

If you don't have a room reserved, you have several options:

If you would like to be placed on a waiting list for availability at the Cabana you can email [email protected] and she'll let you know if rooms become available.

We'd like to encourage those who have rooms and would like to host but perhaps are not expert mixologists or don't have the resources to decorate to become co-hosts with friends or fellow Hukilau 'ohana. If you have a room and would like to become a co-host or "loaner" or if you're a prospective co-host looking for a room, please use this forum (or the Facebook group) to get the word out. We'll try to hook you up as best we can.

We will also be opening up the Cabana penthouse suite that hosted the art show last year to special guest mixologists and anyone without a room who wants to participate. With the art show moving to the Bahia Mar, we'll have plenty of space to make this room the ultimate crawl destination on Thursday night. Participants will be asked to help decorate. We're considering the penthouse for other special mixology/cocktail events so stay tuned. Let us know in advance if you want to become part of the penthouse crew. There will be a limited number of time slots but we'd like everyone who wants to become involved an opportunity.

Of course, to participate in any of the above scenarios you must get your event ticket(s) when they go on sale in January.

*** WHEN/HOW WILL THE TIME SLOTS BE DECIDED?

We'll be announcing the time slots shortly before event tickets go on sale along with a process for everyone to request their preferred time(s).

*** HOW DO I PARTICIPATE AS A ROOM CRAWLER?

Just buy your event ticket for Thursday night and you're in. Just remember to tip at each room as if you were attending your favorite Tiki establishment. Actually, you should tip better than that. These folks bust their behinds and don't always benefit from wholesale prices for their supplies. Please try to make it worth their effort.

*** SO WHAT ELSE CAN I DO NOW?

Give us your feedback below or on Facebook. This event is your event and we'd like to hear what you think. Mahalo!

Your Hukilau 2010 room crawl hosts,

Jim "Hurricane" Hayward
Mike "Jetsetter" Jones

Wow, that's a lot of text. Here are a few photos from 2009 to whet your appetite:

And check out the musical slideshow here:
http://www.slammie.com/hukilau/slideshow/

Plus lots of photos and video here:
http://www.slammie.com/hukilau/

[ Edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2009-12-01 07:32 ]

[ Edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2009-12-01 08:10 ]

TK

poop!!!! can't be there till friday.

woooooohooooo, i can be there thursday. whined till the boss let me off.

[ Edited by: talo ka 2010-04-10 16:41 ]

We need a good idea of how many time slots to make avaialable so please let us know if you plan to host a room.

HH

[ Edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2009-12-17 20:56 ]

Guys, we have an incredible Room Crawl lined up for you this year!! You are going to see a huge change from last year as we place more focus on this area of the event. Several people have signed up to make this memorable and special - a huge Mahalo to those committing to this experience!

We will be changing some of the entertainers and organizers rooms to another hotel to make room for other folks that might want to host a room. Some of you have emailed me about this. So, whomever out there that would like to host a room at the Cabana, send an email to [email protected] and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as this happens!!

Information about the Sky Lounge party to come soon.......you won't want to miss this!

The response to our request for room hosts has been nothing short of sensational, promising to make this year's Room Crawl - '2010: A COCKTAIL ODYSSEY' - the best one we've ever seen. There are only TWO host room spots available, and will be available to the first two respondents requesting a host opportunity. If you're interested in hosting one of these rooms, please reply ASAP to [email protected] to reserve your opportunity to get in on the fun.

This year's theme, '2010: A COCKTAIL ODYSSEY - THE HUKILAU ROOM CRAWL' will include some exciting new features to be unveiled next week with the announcement of The Hukilau official schedule.

Don't miss out on your last opportunity to become a room host and show off your mixology and interior design skills and earn a chance to win some great prizes too!

See you all in June, and some of you at the Countdown Party at the Mai Kai on Feb. 20!

J

The Hukilau 2010 schedule and Room Crawl details have been released at thehukilau.com. This year promises to be the best Room Crawl of them all, as we've made some exciting additions to the Crawl, in addition to adding the 'Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge' (entry details TBA). Here are details, as announced in this morning's Hukilau Schedule update (full schedule available at thehukilau.com).

If you're interested in one of the TWO remaining Room Crawl host room slots, contact us ASAP at [email protected]

'2010: A Cocktail Odyssey - The Hukilau Room Crawl' and 'Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge'

Let the awe and mystery of a journey unlike any other begin. The 2010 Hukilau Room Crawl promises to be the ultimate trip into the world of tropical drinks, exotic cocktails, and otherworldly decor.

Revelers at the ninth annual Polynesian Pop festival will gather in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Thursday, June 10, for the return of the Hukilau Room Crawl. The Room Crawl gives participants at the most intimate Tiki festival in the world unprecedented hands-on access to the burgeoning world of retro cocktails and interior design. The Bahia Cabana Beach Resort, host of The Hukilau's opening night Kickoff Party, promises to be the launching pad of the Tiki revivalist movement as movers and (cocktail) shakers gather and embark on an odyssey to sample libations, enjoy live music and meet friends old and new over the course of the evening's events.

This year's Crawl, '2010: A Cocktail Odyssey - The Hukilau Room Crawl' takes the festivities to the next dimension in revelry. This year's theme, inspired by the classic Kubrick film and its sequel, gives room hosts an opportunity to show off their mixology skills, along with their interior design abilities by decking out their rooms in their individual interpretations of Atomic/Tiki/Space Age decor.

Room parties will be scheduled throughout the evening with room hosts featuring sponsor rums and ingredients competing for prizes including 'Best Room Decor' and 'Best Cocktail Creation.'

The evening culminates with the 'Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge', a Food Network-inspired mixology contest featuring secret ingredients, renowned judges and high-octane fanfare as entrants compete for the evening's Grand Prize. Participants will race the clock to create a unique signature tropical drink using sponsor rums and pre-determined exotic ingredients to determine who has what it takes to be crowned the first 'Hukilau Master Mixologist'.

Join in the excitement of Hukilau 2010: The Year We Make Cocktails!

J

If you'd like to enter the 'Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge', or host a Room Crawl room, please let us know RIGHT AWAY at [email protected] as space is EXTREMELY LIMITED!

Mahalo!

R

Make sure you have me on your list for the room crawl, Thanks,
Scott

We have you as a host room. i just shot you an email back to your reply. We can't wait to see what you have planned!

J

2010: A COCKTAIL ODYSSEY' - THE HUKILAU ROOM CRAWL UPDATE... By popular demand, extra time slots for additional host rooms have been added!

Only two spots remain for the 'MASTER MIXOLOGIST COCKTAIL CHALLENGE', and your chance to win the Kick-Off Party's Grand Prize.

Email [email protected] if you're interested in hosting a Room Crawl room or entering the Challenge.

Details can be found in the prior postings on this thread.

HL

Ah ha! I nabbed one of the last spots for the mixologists challenge and am ready to throw down.

In fact, I'm going to drink some rum right now to practice.

K

Perfecting your recipes and working on your room decor will get you through a long cold winter!

I love the theme!

And I'll have to start planning the perfect outfit. I hear Tiki Kiliki got a jump start on me!

A big welcome to Hot Lava for snagging one of the two remaining slots in the "Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge', which means that only one spot remains, along with a couple of extra time slots added to the '2010: A Cocktail Odyssey Room Crawl'. Email [email protected] if you want to either host a room in this year's Atomic/Tiki/Space Age themed crawl, or enter the Challenge!

A quick response to the call for our last Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge contestant has now filled all five contestant slots. We still have a very limited number of room hosting opportunities in the additional slots we made available for those wishing to host a room at the '2010: A Cocktail Odyssey - The Hukilau Room Crawl'. Email us at [email protected] if you're interested!

The stage is set for a great showdown in the Master Mixologist Cocktail Contest, as we've got a full slate of contestants vying to claim the Master Mixologist, along with some alternates should one of our contestants feel the pressure and relinquish their spot!

We added some additional time slots to the 2010: A Cocktail Odyssey The Hukilau Room Crawl, and filled all of those as well, HOWEVER, one of our original hosts has reconsidered (a first time Hukilauer preferring to 'take it all in' instead on his first Hukilau experience), therefore ONE SPOT REMAINS to host a room at this year's Atomic/Tiki/Space Age themed Room Crawl. Please email us at roomcrawl@thehukilau if you'd like to snatch the last remaining slot!

Counting down to Hukilau 2010: The Year We Make COCKTAILS!

The lineup is set for this year's Hukilau Room Crawl - '2010: A Cocktail Odyssey', and, as promised, it looks like this year's Crawl will be the best one yet! With Atomic/Tiki/Space Age themes, our room hosts are hard at work creating cocktail concoctions and room environments that will be out of this world! What's even better, this year we've added extra host rooms that will allow pass holders to experience multiple, overlapping rooms simultaneously during any given hour of the evening, in addition to the scheduled entertainment lineup, culminating in our 'Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge' at midnight (with the Crawl resuming into the wee hours again in the 'Go11 Spaceport' at the conclusion of the Challenge!

Make sure to purchase your passes if you haven't already done so and join us at the Thursday Kickoff Party for the start of another Hukilau you won't soon forget!

Here's a brief overview of the night's lineup, with more details to follow in the coming days as we Countdown to Hukilau 2010...

8:00 Room: 'Tikiwoo's Radiation Spaceport' Host(s): Tiki Woo

8:30 Room: 'Gaughin's Grotto' Host(s): The Diabolical Dr. K (Damon Vegas, Dylan Otto, Jonathan Lee Blouk)

9:00 Room: 'The Day The Tiki Stood Still' Hosts: The Mira Mar League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Icky, CC Rockdog, and Mixologist Trader Dick
and the rest of the MMLEG)

9:30 Room: 'The Christmas Island Room' Host(s): Blitzed and Vixen

10:00 Room: 'Look At The Bunny' Host(s): The Terrible Four (George, Mark, Marla, and Curtis)

10:30 Room: 'Macadamia Nut Hut' Host(s): Numan & John Mac Nink

11:00 Room (will break @ midnight and resume at 1:00 AM): 'Go11 Spaceport' Host(s): Go11 Team

See you all in June and stay tuned for further updates!

Make sure to purchase your Hukilau Aloha Pass to ensure entry into this year's Room Crawl - 2010: A Cocktail Odyssey and the Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge at the Kickoff Party on Thursday, June 10th. You'll also experience the Premiere of the Tiki Art Show, and emcee King Kukulele with live musical performances by The Woggles, The Intoxicators!, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid, Candy Del Rio, Elena the Hula Hooper Extraordinaire and DJ Lounge LauraTaylor. Arrive on Friday, and all you'll hear is what you missed on Thursday night (from what people can remember anyway ;)

J

There's more to the Thursday Night Kickoff Party than the Room Crawl. You can also Boogaloo with the Woggles! Get your Boogaloo on at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaGWuE-Vnn4 and check em out!

See them and emcee King Kukulele with MORE live musical performances by The Intoxicators!, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid, Candy Del Rio, Elena the Hula Hooper Extraordinaire and DJ Lounge Laura Taylor, IN ADDITION TO the the Tiki Art Show Premiere, AND The Hukilau Room Crawl - 2010: A Cocktail Odyssey AND the Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge. Quite the opening night lineup, but you'll need an Aloha Pass (get 'em at thehukilau.com ) to make sure you don't miss out on the fun!

TM

Aloha friends!
Just checking in to let you know everything is going according to plan. See you at The Hukilau 'Room Crawl'. Mixologist John Mac and I are hosting the 'Macadamia Nut Hut', with a drink that will crack your nut!
We'll see all you mugs there!
The 'Numan' aka Tiki Mouth

R

I don't know if this is the correct thread to ask this but how many drinks should we be prepared to serve? I just need a round ball park figure so we know how much stuff to buy.

T

Robotiki, e-mail [email protected] and they should be able to get you an estimate...

J

Just sent you a private email with the information you requested. Check your inbox for it!

On 2010-04-04 07:30, robotiki wrote:
I don't know if this is the correct thread to ask this but how many drinks should we be prepared to serve? I just need a round ball park figure so we know how much stuff to buy.

Last year the room I was helping in served about 7 gallons of drink. Don't quote me on that, I was sampling the wares while mixing.

On 2010-04-04 13:16, Chip and Andy wrote:

Last year the room I was helping in served about 7 gallons of drink. Don't quote me on that, I was sampling the wares while mixing.

Only 4 gallons were actually served to guests!

On 2010-04-04 16:45, AlohaStation wrote:

On 2010-04-04 13:16, Chip and Andy wrote:

Only 4 gallons were actually served to guests!

Like I said.... I was sampling the wares whilst mixing. I didn't mention how big my glass was.

C
croe67 posted on Sun, Apr 4, 2010 7:10 PM

On 2010-04-04 07:30, robotiki wrote:

A fair question, for sure!

As a 2x Tiki Oasis crawl host & also a host for the Hukilau Room Crawl last year, I can say that you'll need way less for Hukilau than you would for Oasis, as Hukilau is a smaller event. And also because the Hukilau crawl is held on Thursday night before everyone has arrived.

Chip is right - We went through right around 7 gallons last year at the Hukilau Room Crawl.

Past Oasis Crawl threads can be helpful - if you want more tips, you can search for those, as everything is discussed openly - not via PMs - regarding quantities, etc. But, basically, you make as much as you want to serve & when you run out, you close your door :D

Have Fun!!!

B

For last years Hukilau crawl, Pappy & I made about six gallons of Blood of the Kapu Tiki (a pair of 3gal. bubba kegs...and decorated with the WORST party city decor we could find... not everyone got the joke. :wink: ) and we still had a bit left over when the crawl was finished. Not much, but enough that a few drinks for ourselves on Friday afternoon didn't have to be mixed!

I've always found the good rule of thumb is mix what you want. Whatever you're comfortable with. Don't spend a thousand dollars thinking you've got to get everyone in the crowd tipsy!

Just mix what you want, and when its gone, its gone (there are plenty of other rooms for folks to go to) or, if you have left overs (like we did) there's always Friday to finish it off!

And most of all, HAVE FUN!! Thats what its all about.

And just for reference sake.... 7 gallons is only 150 drinks at 6 ounces each.

As the 'hosts' all rooms will be able to make the determination as to 'pour ration', as well as when you're indeed done. You'll be responsible yourself for monitoring the flow into your rooms, so that, coupled with portion size and your willingness to keep things going will be the determining factor. While the Thursday night crowds may not be AS large as Friday, they are pretty significant - and with this year's Kickoff Party lineup I'll bet they'll be larger than ever. The Thursday Night Parties in the past can compete with any of the other nights in my (bloodshot) eyes. From I remember - or been told about the next day ;)

From 'what' I remember that is!

See?

R

Thanks, all good info. We'll plan for 7+ gallons. We'll be debuting a new drink.

Now about the physical room set up. Looking at the videos of last years room crawl, It seemed as if the beds might have been taken out of some rooms for the night, or perhaps they were standing up. It seemed as if there was a lot of floor space. Being as though I got the very last room, I was grateful for what I got, but it's a small room, so I'll need to maximize my square footage. Any suggestions?

Location is great though, ground floor facing the pool!

A few rooms set up with the bar at the door of their rooms. Everyone hung out along the breezeway. Worked out well with people wandering around room to room.

I think we're going to want people to enter the room somewhat. We'll have some nice eye candy to look at.

R

OK, yet another question......
We've been compiling our best exotica music to run off a computer whist we are hosting, for the best intended effect. However it occurred to me if there is live music going on directly across from my room (again I am ground floor across from the pool), it may be a lost cause trying to compete against big amps. What do you Hukilau room crawl veterans think?

C

Plan on playing music in your room - it'll ad to your atmosphere for sure

Agreed. The more you can do to create a complete 'environment' the better.

R

Made a sojourn across Alligator Alley today to visit the Bahia Cabana just so's I could see what I have to work with for the room crawl. Luckily they let me in my room and I was able to take a couple pics and measurements, Did some exploring around town for an hour or so before heading back.

Join Bill and the rest of the go11media crew for another year of Spaced Out Shenanigans (SOS) at this year's Hukilau, as his room culminates the Hukilau Room Crawl - 2010: A Cocktail Odyssey , at 11:00 PM (taking a break at midnight for the Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge in the Sky Lounge Penthouse, and resuming into the night upon its conclusion)!

Don’t miss activities that include:
• Corporeal transport to an official Hukilau Greenscene.
• The Official 2010 Hukilau Groupshot (later in the weekend).
• The go11 Hosted Spaceport will be open daily for interplanetary interaction!

Come meet goGirl and her SEObots and see what go11’s resident mad scientist has been cooking up from the moon based digital media labs!

Visit them Thursday night and you’ll feel like you crawled to the Moons of Uranus and back!

The F.O.M. Gumbo Limbo Mobile Test Labs will be providing technicians showcasing recent breakthroughs in genetically modified Rums o help your mojo achieve orbital escape velocity and atomic SPAM® cloning.

Capturing the Hukilau event across time in living color since 2004!

Go11media is an out of this world website, photography and print design media company (earth headquarters in Sarasota, FL) and a proud sponsor of The Hukilau!

Void where prohibited. Restrictions may apply and results may vary. Could cause loss of motor control and higher brain functions, Not for use as substitute for reality.

Don’t forget….Atmospheric drag only occurs on planets with Atmosphere.

Wow. I'm glad we're not following your room! but I think we'll have some special Robo-Astro-Tikiness to delight the eye and a special rum drink that will excite your mirth!

That would be Bill Dillard's room. But you'll see me there

WHO WILL WIN THE MASTER MIXOLOGIST COCKTAIL CHALLENGE?

Five competitors, five mystery ingredients, just 20 minutes to make a taste-tempting Tiki drink that will impress our expert judges and earn one winner the title Master Mixologist of Hukilau 2010. Announcing the first annual Master Mixologist Cocktail Challenge.

The Challenge will take place on Thursday, June 10, at the conclusion of "2010: A Cocktail Odyssey," the second annual Hukilau room crawl. The contest will be held shortly after midnight in the Skylounge penthouse and will be hosted by King Kukulele. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting new event.

Now let's meet our competitors ...

• Ken Kanaka: Singer-songwriter, ukulele player and rum mixer on the road to stardom without a map.

• Samantha Kuras: Professional bartender and a fish-tailed mermaid in Marina's pod.

• Ken MacArthur: A local tikiphile and aspiring mixologist.

• Al Nagas: According to Senor Al de Negas, he is to the Mai Tai like dice is to Las Vegas.

• Grady Johnson: Missing for years on an uncharted island in his mind.

Find out who's up for the Challenge at Hukilau 2010.

[ Edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2010-05-02 09:58 ]

[ Edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2010-05-22 16:47 ]

Exactly six more weeks to go until Hukilau... Everyone packed and ready to go?

On 2010-04-29 18:42, JETSETTER wrote:
Exactly six more weeks to go until Hukilau... Everyone packed and ready to go?

Reminds me of the fifties bar my father had. It was a thing of beauty. Solid walnut w/glass holders, booze storage and a white linoleum top with boomerangs. My mother gave it away when she moved to the people that purchased her condo. Arrrrrg!

R

We're bringing a small U-Haul trailer full o' crap for our room. Is there any issue parking it at the BC on Wednesday night, through our set up Thursday? It would be gone by mid day Thursday to an off-site location for the duration of the weekend.

Our room is small, but we hope to cram a lot of fun in there. Here's a shot of the room in it's "before" state......

Parking at the Cabana is typically hard to come by unless you arrive early. When are you checking in? If you're a guest, I think you'll be OK. Greasing the valet's palm wouldn't hurt either. If in doubt, just call in advance and try to work something out.

Hey guys, I am making my first 'quest' to Hukilau and I can not even begin to tell you how excited I (and my traveling buddy, Tiki Tim) are about attending! We have made our room and flight reservations, but we have yet to purchase our Hukilau tickets (primarily because we are waiting to have a pending question regarding tickets answered by the powers of Hukilau). Once clarification is given, we will be good-to-go.

I would love to test my mixing skills against some of these other tikiphiles, but this time around it is 100% indulgence! I am looking forward to sampling your concoctions (wow, that could be taken out of of context, couldn't it?) It is my goal to open a tiki bar, so I may ask if'n ya might share a recipe or three. If you choose to keep it close to the fez, I completely understand. But, MAHALO for those who do share potions with us.

Anyway, I wanted to give a hearty hello to my tiki-mates. I am a very friendly, sociable sort, so please come up and introduce yourselves...if I don't come grab your hand first. By the way, Tiki Tim is lead guitarist for the fantabulous Reverburritos (the ONLY surf band in Arkansas), so come find Tim and score some sweet Reverburritos swag. You will not be disappointed!

Who knew Christmas (Island) happens in June!?!?

Shaken and stirred - Vince Martini

J

Apart from some cherished secret recipes, I think you'll find the natives to be rather forthcoming. Ask and you shall typically receive. Remember to say 'please' and 'thank you' :wink:

On 2010-05-02 10:03, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
Parking at the Cabana is typically hard to come by unless you arrive early. When are you checking in? If you're a guest, I think you'll be OK. Greasing the valet's palm wouldn't hurt either. If in doubt, just call in advance and try to work something out.

We'll be arriving sometime Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully early afternoon. I guess that would be early enough.

All Hail Floyd!! (Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

[ Edited by: Trader Rick 2010-05-04 16:46 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 121 replies