Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Get THE classic Tiki Archeology DVD for Christmas -ON SALE

Pages: 1 2 59 replies

For you or for a friend, this DVD provides Tiki goodness for all. I am offering it myself this Christmas, personally signed by moi, for the solid price of $20.- For that, you get all this:

This delightful journey into Tikiland consists of two videos produced before THE BOOK OF TIKI was published. But since my research had a major influence on the making of them, they visually complement the book nicely:

Expeditions to sites that are now gone, like THE TIKIS and the Playa Del Rey Polynesian Village Apartments, Interviews, and archival footage of people and places mentioned in the book allow the urban archeologist to revisit and discover the sites and sounds of Polynesia Americana:

PART 1 : "THE AIRCONDITIONED EDEN"-25 minutes-

This 1996 documentary was produced and directed by expatriate American Peter Stuart for BBC’s channel 4. The archival footage features highlights such as Martin Denny’s first live performance on the Dinah Shore show. To actually SEE Augie Colon voice those birdcalls is an unforgettable moment (I apologize that my voice over was layed over some of it!). Martin is also interviewed in the film, and we see one of the last interviews with James Michener. -Original footage of the Disneyland Tiki room and the Kon Tiki voyage further document important Tiki moments in history.

PART 2: "HAWAIIAN AIRLINES INFLIGHT VIDEO MAGAZINE" -20 minutes-

This Tiki Tour of Los Angeles was only shown on outbound flights of Hawaiian Airlines in 1999. You get to see my house, my Kon Tiki shirt, lots of Tiki apartments (like the Armet & Davis designed Polynesian Village which is now razed), Bahooka’s Restaurant, and Oceanic Arts in Whittier. Gracious host Miss Hawaii 1998 does not necessarily follow my train of thought, but does a good job stroking the lava rock Vanna White-style.

PART 3: "DON TIKI MUSIC VIDEO: An Occasional Man" -shot at La Mariana Sailing Club, Honululu

The late Anette Nahinu welcomes you to her club

The disc is imprinted with this smashing Tiki Christmas image from the Mai Kai:

Just paypal me the amount of 20.00 Dollars to my Paypal account [email protected] WITH your address, and you'll get one with a special postcard or other goodie in the mail.

Here are some more snap shots of scenes, taken off my TV screen:

RARE Tikis:

Forgotten civilizations:

Babes:

Urban archeology:

Tiki fondling:

...all provided by your young hosts Sven Kirsten and Miss Hawaii 1998 :D

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-12-01 16:58 ]

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-08-16 08:04 ]

Just sent you a payment! Can't wait to see this finally!

PTD

Wow! this is so cool, THE TIKIS expedition is my dream expedition! I would go there tomorrow if it were still around. It kills me that i missed out on so much fun. I cant wait till Christmas, I must have this.

Thanks Seven for this offer

Abstractiki

Splendid! I have always wanted to get this.
I really enjoy your books and this is a perfect
companion to those works.
Payment sent!
Cheers!

Velvets by J. Sallin

[ Edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2009-12-01 17:39 ]

yep good job "Seven"!
I hope these are new dubs - I like the art work on there from the mai kai photo!

If you haven't seen this disc you are missing out on some great footage!

LT

Ordered - Thanks!

T

COOL Sven!!!
I gota get this.
Money sent.
Thank you and Happy Holidays.

Me too! Me too!

What a great gift to myself and others. I feel a Christmas Luau coming on with a on-going showing of your DVD! HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Hang Ten Tiki http://www.bedtimestoriesforsurfers.com

T

Just got mine today!!
Thanks Sven!

LT

Arrived this afternoon - looking forward to viewing it. Thanks Sven! (And thank you for the nice extras you included.)

T

Received my DVD and surprise goodies today! Awesome! Thank you, Sven!

My pleasure!
I just got a bunch of orders in from this post getting bumped up to the top. I was gonna wait with bumping it because I am in Berlin right now, for one week. But I will get back home on Sunday the 13th, and will send out the new orders that Monday, so you should be getting them by mid-week next week.

Mahalo und Dankeshoen, Sven

Even though I am a bit under the weather, seeing that others had received their orders, I made a trip to the post office and picked up my yesterday.

I will watching it today after work, but a special thanks to bigbro for the extras and for getting it out before the trip. Ami says hello and thanks for the words, no worries!

Thanks again,

PTD

Glad to hear.
I will get back home Sunday, then Monday/Tuesday I will send out the remaining orders. In case anybody else wants some Tiki-ology on DVD, paypal me 20 clams now, and their DVD will go out with the rest of the batch. :)

Danke, Sven

The last bump for zee DVD of Tiki. :)

Mele Kalikimaka!

Sven

Money sent, thanks Sven!

i sent you money too- a few days back. let me know you got payment and when it will ship out- thanks!

Money? What money? :wink:

Posted last week:

On 2009-12-06 09:21, bigbrotiki wrote:

I just got a bunch of orders in from this post getting bumped up to the top. I was gonna wait with bumping it because I am in Berlin right now, for one week. But I will get back home on Sunday the 13th, and will send out the new orders that Monday, so you should be getting them by mid-week next week.

Mahalo und Dankeshoen, Sven

M

Just sent my $$, I hope it's not too late to get it for Christmas. THANKS!

M

Got it two days ago, THANKS! That got here really fast! I'm not opening it until Christmas. I can't wait.

got mine today!! thanks sven.....and thanks for the extras....i'll report back after i give it a look....

Thanks Sven, Looking forward to this one very much..
Aloha

BB

Got mine Monday and it's fantastic! Especially enjoyed the tour of "The Tikis." Inspiring! Thanks BigBro!

Just got mine. It's pretty cool. Mahalo!

I would like to order one of these if they are still available! Please send me the link or info on where/how to send payment. Thanks
LotsaTikiLove
Helene

Yup, still a few left:

On 2009-12-01 16:43, bigbrotiki wrote:
Just paypal me the amount of 20.00 Dollars to my Paypal account [email protected] WITH your address, and you'll get one with a special postcard or other goodie in the mail.

T

Done! Thanks Sven. Next book please..

I really enjoyed this DVD. I wish you had a weekly Poly Pop TV Show along these lines.

Thanks David. Well, so far, it's right here on TC! :)

Watched the DVD last night and loved it. Now I'm no "preservationist," but the shark gives it a big finz up. You should definitely do more of these. I'd sign up for your vidcast.

A great companion to The Book Of Tiki and in a perfect world it would have been included in the inner cover (Maybe in the 10th anniversary edition this year (hint hint).), the Playboy After Dark clip is worth the price and watching Danny Balsz haunting The Tikis looks like an outtake from Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea Documentary.

When I saw The Don Tiki bonus video I almost feel out of my chair when I realized I went to high school with the bartender in the sequence.

[ Edited by: naugatiki 2010-01-13 14:17 ]

Late reading this thread.I must order this DVD today .
Xlnt work as always Sven .

H

I put my order in this morning! : )

good job sven.....worth every penny - I like it.

On 2010-01-13 12:11, 1961surf wrote:
Late reading this thread.I must order this DVD today .
Xlnt work as always Sven .

Not as late as me obviously...note to self...visit Tiki Central more often in 2010 moron! Can you let me know the shipping to good ol' blighty Sven and I'll PayPal the dosh right away. I'm hooking up with some other tiki nuts tonight at Trader Vic's so I'll let 'em in on the act! I've had a time coded copy of Air Conditioned Eden for years, it'd be good to see it again on this new fangled technology. Mahalo Nui!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

Has the price changed or is it the same?
Thank You

Sorry you two, but I just sent out the last of this batch, and am all out for now. Will let you know when I get the next one in.

Please do, thank you.

count me in too.

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jan 21, 2010 8:17 PM

I want one too!

On 2010-01-15 13:36, bigbrotiki wrote:
Sorry you two, but I just sent out the last of this batch, and am all out for now. Will let you know when I get the next one in.

Doh! Let me know when you get the next batch and the shipping cost to Good Ol' Blighty and we can talk business Big Bro!

Mahalo & Take Care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

H

Received and watched! Fantastic Thanks for everything Sven!

Sigh! I'm anxiously awaiting the new batch!

Yes folks, it is that time of the year again, and I have a new batch of these available!

Give the gift of Tiki Archeology! Amazing vintage film clips mixed with visits to now gone Tiki sites and interviews with Tiki veterans!
You might have it, but does your curious-about-Tiki neighbor!? :D

Just paypal me 20.- bucks with your address to my paypal account [email protected] and the disc is in the mail! See page 1 for more images and content of these 2 classic documentaries.

Would love to have this! How much will it be with postage to norway?

Oh jeez...will it get there by raft? :D Well, to be safe, add four bucks, so 24.- all together.
Domestic is 20.- including shipping:

On 2010-11-23 13:07, bigbrotiki wrote:
Yes folks, it is that time of the year again, and I have a new batch of these available!

Give the gift of Tiki Archeology! Amazing vintage film clips mixed with visits to now gone Tiki sites and interviews with Tiki veterans!
You might have it, but does your curious-about-Tiki neighbor!? :D

Just paypal me 20.- bucks with your address to my paypal account [email protected] and the disc is in the mail! See page 1 for more images and content of these 2 classic documentaries.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2010-11-24 17:17 ]

I also decided to make TIKI MODERN available, with any inscription you would like, just write to me what it shall be.

I cannot compete with Amazon, so it will be 35.- bucks, and because it is such a BRICK of a book, I will have to charge 5.- bucks for shipping domestically, so $40.-will do it. Signed. sealed and delivered. Well actually, I'll have to break the Saran wrap seal to sign it. :)

Pages: 1 2 59 replies