Pages: 1 9 replies

C

You may be interested in this resource

http://www.hulu.com/watch/92141/bora-bora

coruscate

Not available outside USA. :(

C

Cripes, sorry, couldn't test that :(

Actually, sorry I posted it before I watched it, arghh that was horrible.

[ Edited by: coruscate 2009-12-04 00:57 ]

K

THANKS SO MUCH for posting the Bora Bora link. I never thought to check Hulu. "Bora Bora" was the first Les Baxter music I had any exposure to, as I bought the soundtrack LP at a dept store cut out sale for 47 cents when I was in 6th grade. I grew up listening to it along with all my other more Hawaiian lps. I knew it was a crappy movie but I've ALWAYS wanted to see it & it did NOT disappoint.
Yes, a non-sensible plot, but a great vehicle for showing lots of Tahitian scenery and skin. Plus, the Les Baxter music floaing underneath the entire type...just think of it as a LONG music video...lol.

T

Yeah, I'm just starting it and had to come onto TC and shout about it. Saw that this thread already exists so definitely want to bump it. This movie is dripping with era (1970) Tahitian scenery and decor, jetset styles, and very mellow lounge music. And it's free!

Does anybody have a copy of this on DVD?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Wow! There is lots of beauty in this movie....too bad the plotline left a lot to be desired. I did find it entertaining though. And I know the style of house I want to build next. It's prolly out here already, but what other movies show this much polynesian scenery? It really does make we want to escape, too.

T

On 2010-02-16 13:20, LoungeShark wrote:
Too bad the plotline left a lot to be desired.

Exactly. It's perfect (except for the tiresome, bigoted male protagonist whose quest, the central plot element of the film, one stops caring about some 30 minutes in)!

T

G

Just watched this movie (finally) for the first time. Beautiful scenery, yes, but ugh... yes, awful movie. At least there was one tiki sighting. :)

Pages: 1 9 replies