Name:Keko Moku
Type:bar
Street:100 High Street
City:Manchester
State:
Zip:M4 1HP
Phone:0161 832 4529

Description:
Compact & lively Tiki Bar in the heart of Manchester's Northern Quarter.

I visited Keko Moku early in the evening a couple of nights back and was very impressed.
The bartender Adam had only been working there a few weeks but was very enthusiastic and seemed to know what he was doing. He told me that he'd been a bartender for a number of years but had been blown away by the skills of the other bartenders at Keko Moku. So much so that he was spending his free time practicing so that he could catch up with them!

The drinks menu was extensive and creative, with a huge range of rums behind the bar. The newest addition to the menu was a 'Pirates Chest' costing £100 and containing vast quantities of booze.

They had just come back from the British Rumfest with a trophy for winning the "Tiki Bar Face-off".

Adam making up some Zombie mix.

Seven Tiki Rum's special Keko Moku bowl.

Anyway, a great little place. It was only a flying visit for me this time, but no doubt I'll be back.

Trader Woody

C

I have to visit Manchester soon - it truly is the tiki hub outside of London in the UK! This place looks great.

Loving the off-theme bags of Monster Munch behind the bar, teehee!

Good work Trader Woody. Looks like you been hitting a few bars recently.

On 2009-12-13 07:58, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Good work Trader Woody. Looks like you been hitting a few bars recently.

Not as many as I'd like! At least now there's a couple of Tiki bars in Manchester, I don't have to organise an expedition to get there.

It did strike me that if there's sufficient interest, I could arrange a night out there sometime in 2010.
Any takers?

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 4 replies