Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Urinals (70s punk band)

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

I just heard the original Urinals are playing the Bigfoot Lodge tonight (Thursday)! You lucky devils! Wish I could go. I wonder if they'll come up to the Bay area.

Go away girl!!!!!!!!!!! blah blah blah blah. I don't remember the rest of the song. I DO remember it sounded like they recorded it in a Urinal!!! But, they were coooooooooool! Saw them at some Elk's pad in the LBC many moons ago. Jab! you da man!!!!! I heard that Black Flag is going to play at Tiki Oasis!!!! Score!!! Yee-Hah!!!!

T

I saw the Urinals once in the early 80s at the North Park Lions Club in San Diego. Later I saw 100 Flowers a couple of times. Both were great bands!

I have never seen the Urinals play live but I have a tape of their live show and I love it and cherish it. Old School all the way babe!

There was also a band called Team Urinals...I remember the ads in MRR.

MRR! Oh that brings back happy memories, it used to be my bible....so nice to get messages from people who know all these bands!

MRR! Oh that brings back happy memories, it used to be my bible....so nice to get messages from people who know all these bands!

Lord...I bet I owned every hardcore 7" marketed in MRR between 1985 and 1990. I was a sucker for those $3.00-$6.00 record deals. I used to sell Lookout and Taang! at our gigs, too.

Yeah, I used to memorize all the bands in MRR and then go to NYC and get their records. I had the logo for BYO records painted on my sneakers. I still have them. I dont have too many of the records though. After a few years I got a bit snobby about the quality of my HC bands and I ditched alot of the really lousy scratchy lo fi stuff where no one could play the guitar anyway.

Ahhhh....Better Youth Organization. :)

Kahuna, I recently read somewhere that BYO is still going strong today. But Im not familiar with what they are releasing these days.

I always liked 7 Seconds (Walk Together, Rock Together era was my time), at least until Kevin decided they'd try to go pop and he could be some sort of punk rock Bono. And the other Youth Brigade.

Pages: 1 11 replies