Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Regan's Random Art

Pages: 1 13 replies

Well, I don't figure I warrant an entire thread dedicated to my art work as I'm pretty sporadic about it, but I wanted to post my latest creation - yes, more embroidery (hey! Where's the beadwork you're probably asking yourself - soon my precious', soon!)

I call this the Flaming Moai - please note that the little Moai in the middle is a creation of LLT - he has graciously given me permission to use this image! Thanks Kenny!

wow yur nuts! thats alot of work Glad to see you are using your time at home to be creative. great design . It would make a good jacket patch.

Regan ROCKS!

You keep us all in STITCHES!

so cute!

:lol:

Kinny, you're such a vintage Valentines card.

So your real name is Regan? Now we know! :)

Very nice! Just stitch it to a black leather jacket and you can be the leader of the "Flaming Moais" motorcycle gang :lol:

Now let's see some some beadwork and some bar towels!

EDIT - Sorry, I deleted my annoying banner

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2010-01-11 12:32 ]

My eyes are still trying to refocus after all that close-in work (just got a new prescription on my eyes and now I can see a hundred miles away but can't see anything within two feet! Where's a cross-eyed emoticon when you need one?!

har har on the "stitches" comments Mr. R - you're a card and you need to be dealt with! GROAAAAAN!

Thanks Dawn - yeah, it was better to do that than sit around feeling sorry for myself like I've BEEN doing! Truck should be repaired in the next day or so then I can start looking for work again and then I won't have as much time to do crafty stuff, but I also won't be bored out of my skull!

Oh, Kenny - forgot to answer your PM question: no, we are waiting for a "special" ocassion to crack open the skull! Come visit us and we'll be sure to make SOME cool vodka drink for you and the Mrs!

Thanks Mike! Do you KNOW how much shit I've taken over the years because of my name! Bad enough that it's so weird, but then add the Exorcist into the mix and you've got one hell of great tool in the teasing department! Got even better when Old Ron was the pres. Every time I gave my name to someone they would say "Oh, you mean like the president?" Ugggggh! As a history lesson for all - Regan was one of the three daughters of King Lear. I COULD have been named Goneral (I would have preferred Cordelia), so Regan ain't so bad! Believe me - I have a VERY thick skin (see, I'm not fat - just thick skinned! I like it! I'm gonna use that one!)

I LOVE the idea of a bike gang called the Flaming Moais! I even have a black leather coat - I could wear it with pride while zooming around town on my daughter's Lambretta (only goes about 25 MPH!) Can we all say "Laughing stock?"

"Something, something, something, Dark Side, something, something."

[ Edited by: beadtiki 2010-01-11 12:29 ]

B

I made this credit card/whatever bag and donated it as a "booby prize" for the 2008 Seattle Home Bar Tour. It's made entirely of 11 ott Delica beads and the thread holding it together. This was a pattern I put together.

My husband and I made these four bags. I found the Tiki patterns on-line a few years ago and they had been posted on a free images website. A couple of months later I discovered they were actually from a CD and someone had illegally downloaded them. As you can tell the upper left bag is damaged - I was using it and one day I got REALLY PO'd and threw it violently on the ground. They are glass beads and they do break - duh! Anyhow, although I've made the patterns and sewn these bags, I have NEVER sold them - but I have given a few others away.

My husband created these two patterns (back and front the same) and beaded them up.

Well, that's all for now.

I got that prize from the bus tour and I keep my ipod in it

Holy Crap BeadTiki, that makes my eyes hurt :o

Beautiful work, all of it!

Thanks - yeah - I'm starting a new tapestry of beads. It's 14" x 14" with 59,080 beads total. Thankfully I already have most of the beads I need from previous projects otherwise I'd have to shell out $140! My husband's working on a smaller tapestry, 7" x 10" with 21,000 beads. I have to wear two pair of reading glasses just to see the holes in the beads!

"Something, something, something, Dark Side, something, something."

[ Edited by: beadtiki 2010-01-11 22:09 ]

I'm proud to say that we're the owner of the uber-cool beaded 4-pineapple bag. I go a little cross-eyed just looking at it- can't imagine the stamina to put these guys together. ALL GOOD THINGS to you two and your terrific art in 2010~! Indeed Kenny- REGAN ROX~!
-Andy

B

Ah shucks guys! I'm all red-faced with embarassment - oh wait - I'm red-faced from coughing after that last big hit! Harhar! Seriously though - thanks! It means a lot to hear praise from such fine artists as yourselves! We ALL ROCK! Yea!

P

cool beans, er, beads . . .

your work is amazing. very inspired and original. don't stop. sharing your pleasure gives to those around you and yourself.

Pages: 1 13 replies