Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central 10 YEAR Anniversary is Jan 12th, 2010

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

Yep, CongaRats rule.

Happy 11th Anniversary Hanford!!!

Happy 11th Tiki Central. Thanx Hanford for giving all us Tiki Nerds a place to geek out.

Thank you, Hanford and all of the TC family, for making Tiki Central a treasured resource and a really interesting place to inhabit.

So, I get to celebrate two birthdays today... my own and TC's.

P

I just want to say thanks too. This site has been a huge influence on my creativity and also made me realise I wasn't so unusual with my enjoyment of collecting strange idols, wearing tropical shirts and listening to lounge and exotica music. To discover there was a worldwide movement of like-minded people congregating on the web was somewhat of an epiphany for me. My biggest regret is being so far away from so many people that I think of as friends and would love to be sharing a few drinks with, or attending the opening of the latest tiki art show. At least Haikai is in NZ now so it won't be too long before I can make my first "TC hookup"!
I also don't contribute as much as I should these days...I do have some stories to add when time (and resources) allow, but I still check TC almost every day and have the utmost gratitude for those who take the time to share their discoveries and creations. Here's to many more!
:drink:

Hanford,

Tiki Central Rocks!!

Wha..!? This has been going on for three days, and where the heck was I?

Congratulations Hanford, for creating, sustaining, and having flourish such an amazing communal place! We have come a far way from the early internet days of having only Tiki Barber and that dog named Tiki pop up when going online. The findings and contacts I made here have enriched my work immeasurably. Thank you, buddy!

I have missed this thread the last couple of days because I am in the "foreign legion" right now, laying the groundwork for a project that will make Tiki Central proud!

Glad you finally got your Tiki drummer, too! :D
Your Sven

Congrats!! Still the best and most complete TIKI site on the Interweb. Namaste and Aloha from Hyderabad, India. Good rum, no tiki (yet).

Happy Anniversary, and thank you, Hanford, for creating a place for us to gather to find information, plan events, and meet such wonderful people with common interests! This site is truly a tiki-godsend!

Happy anniversary to Tiki Central and our fearless leader Hanford Lemoore.

The recent power outage at Tiki Central really brought home how much the site means to a lot of people, thanks for keeping it thriving.

DC

Wow! Happy Anniversary! Here's to 10 more years of Tiki Madness!

Congratulations Hanford and everyone,Damn i hate you all! Tiki has taken over our lives filled our house with junk,Spent a fortune on rum,Got some funny body art(tattoos)and made me square eyed staring at a computer for hours!Seriously we love it and ooga mooga,Crtiki and beach bums site.We have met a load of amazing people and made great friends on our trips to the States and cant wait to come over again

Mahalo Hanford. There's something special about this community that I've never quite felt in any other and my wife and I are grateful to have found it.

I missed raising my Mai-Tai on the actual date to toast Tiki Central, but that will be rectified this evening.

kevin

S

No words for it really.

Just deep gratitude, to Hanford and all who make this place so "central" to so many of us.

Mahalo.

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies