Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

anyone going to NAMM this weekend?

Pages: 1 11 replies

Well? who? when?
I'll be there Friday am for the opening show with the Wicked Tinkers, and probably haunting Ukulele booths after that. Then probably coming back on Sat. afternoon.

I may be able to sneek in with a friend, but not holding my breath.
I live in Anaheim , but have never been able to go.
I am shooting for a early sat. or maybe sun, if possible.

but might I suggest that people in town for the NAMM event. go to the
Guitar Geek Fest down the street from 3 pm to midinite.

http://www.dekedickerson.com/guitargeek/index4.htm

the Highlights for me ar Meshugga Beach party from Nor. Cal.
Instro Guitar legends,Duane Eddy, and George Tomsco of Fireballs Fame.
plus the Ramones tribute, and the Music of Beverly Hillbilys tv show.

but it is an amazing 9 hours of very talented musicians.
Highly Reccomended.

get tix in advance, it will sell out.
Jeff(btd)

I've been to at least five of those Geek Fests... dating back to when they held them at the Doll Hut. SO GOOD. I'd recommend them to any fan of the guitar and fan of great country, surf, rockabilly, hillbilly, hot rod, and steel guitar playing.
I'll be at NAMM too.... Fun weekend!

Jason Rodgers of Fez-O-Rama will there; likely with ukulele in hand...

On 2010-01-13 10:39, Luckydesigns wrote:
I've been to at least five of those Geek Fests... dating back to when they held them at the Doll Hut. SO GOOD. I'd recommend them to any fan of the guitar and fan of great country, surf, rockabilly, hillbilly, hot rod, and steel guitar playing.
I'll be at NAMM too.... Fun weekend!

Spike, that show at the Doll hut was the first one.
I was there, I only missed the 2nd year, been to all the rest.

Jeff(btd)

Sammy Gambino will be there
with 12 of his hand-painted guitars!
not sure what booth tho!

I might be there. I do freelance Audio Visual work for Anaheim Convention Center and I have an emplyee badge. I will more than likely be there this weekend schmoozing with some guitar and boutique pedal dudes. I will keep an eye for you Tiki King and Sam !!!

:music:* Well it's one...two...three, what are we fighting for? Don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is NAMM * :music:

I've had a badge at Will Call through Fender and just haven't had time, or energy, to go down there. I'm usually playing in the Custom Shop Booth, but the last few years they're just wanting us to come in and hang out. That's the last place I want to be on my first weekend off in months though!

BTD... how was Duane Eddy last night??? I was going to go, but we had a 3-person Birthday party to go to... bummed I missed it...

The Whole Guitar Geek Fest, and Especially Duane Eddy was really good.
I have gone to all of them except the 2nd one.
and I think that this years was one of the Best, and Ran really smoothly, and only 10 or 15 min behind schedule as opposed to hours like last year.

Jeff(btd)

Bummed into Deke yesterday and he said it was the smoothest yet. Wish I could have gone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q7mkdWIUw
Meshugga Beach Party from the Guitar Geek Fest.

Pages: 1 11 replies