Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Carved an Asmat shield

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

New replica carving....New Guinea Asmat region shield.

T

NICE. You took only 1 photo?! :(

That's a Stunner!
Looks like it was plucked straight from a New Guinea Village!

Great piece Vic!

First of all, I love the carving. You did a fantastic job. Now second of all. I checked out your website and saw the pics of your tiki room/bar.

THAT IS INSANE!

I LOVE IT!

Have you posted those pics are here? If so, sorry I missed them. If not, PLEASE DO! Post it in the "Other Crafts" area.

I am blown away, seriously.

That's really nice! Exceptional carve. How big is it and what materials did you use? Keep'em coming.

T

Thanks everyone for the compliments!......The shield is carved from American Beech. The undercoat is Minwax "Red Oak" and the white and black areas are acrylic paint, wire brushed and sanded for antiquing. It's 32 inches high and 11 incehes wide. Here's a link to the shield I patterned it after: http://www.hamillgallery.com/OCEANIC/Shields/AsmatShield02.jpg

I plan on doing a few more soon.........V

B

More cool stuff Vic, sorry I have been absent for awhile. This one is really looking like Museum quality stuff?

Good stuff Vic.
Is that wine or champagne in the glass?

Very nice looking shield TikiVic. And that Hamill Gallary link has some awesome inspirational photos.

T

Here's a cool pic of the shield under construction:

T

Mounted the shield in my entryway.......kinda looks a little small there. Guess I'll have to make a bigger one.

T

Thanks Tiki SHAKER!.....have not posted the tiki bar yet....still under construction (waiting for my "shovel ready" stimulating money$$$).....but is it possible it's the only 2 story tall tiki bar on TikiCentral? We'll have to wait and see......V

M

Some mad skills TikiVic, have you got a name for your mile high Tiki room?

Pages: 1 12 replies