Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

MetalTiki

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hello, I am pretty new to this board and thought I would share the way I make Tikis. I am looking to learn as much as possible about Tiki's One thing I already learned from another post is the use of color on the Tiki's . I am not a big fan of adding color to anything I do but the Tiki in this picture was a collaboration between me and another person who is an automotive painter. Needles to say he had to do something to the Tiki because it was supposed to be a give away trophy at a car show from both of us. Bbut as you can see in the other Hanging Head I prefer the natural look of metals. This one is made of stainless steel. I am currently working on another other projects and will post them in the future. I hope that you enjoy my work as I do yours. Thanks J.Lockwood

I tought I would also show my first time pinstriping a Tiki face on my 39 Ford

Nice work MetalTiki, keep it coming! :)

Clay, the original and most divine art media - Genesis 2:7

Edited to remove my obnoxious banner

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2010-01-15 21:30 ]

Z

Impressive!

NICE JOB!
i can these lasting longer than some of the wooden ones!

unless they rust...

great pinstriping job too!
ye got a steady hand,Sir!

metal tiki welcome!!! and thats sum bad ass stuff there!!! good idea and why not right!? and the pin stripe face is f#@!in sweet!! post full pics of the car sometime looks sweet from the back!!! cheerz!!!

This is another older sketch that I am actually transforming into metal at the momoent. I am using this style head for my newest project.

Oh since you asked about my car I thought I would post a side view of it.

sweeeeeettttt!!!!!!!

Great stuff, I really dig the metal tiki heads they ROCK!
Super pin line work too. Thanks for posting....Dennis

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 15, 2010 9:29 PM

Very nice tiki sculptures and gorgeous rod too - is it a cut down more door?

On 2010-01-15 21:29, hewey wrote:
Very nice tiki sculptures and gorgeous rod too - is it a cut down more door?

No it is an actual 1939 Ford convertible sedan. I have the top bows and everything but they just really make the back of the car look real bulky. So I had a the cover made and think it looks alot cleaner. I drive it rain or shine and actually I am going to drive the car to a local elementary school to give a presentation about hotrods to the children on the 22 of this month and we have beeen having some cold weather and snow on the ground. But it is for the children.

If anyone is interested in a Metal tiki I am going to be making a few that will be available for sale you can see some of my other stuff here http://jlockwoodmetalarts.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jan 28, 2010 8:36 AM

Hey Metaltiki! look what I found:

On 2008-03-24 14:44, MBL wrote:

Here was my Tiki Trophy at BilletProof in the middle of all that welded metal. :)
The winner seemed to like the carving. He has a 32 Ford Tudor with a 1957 DeSoto hemi in it. He drove it all the way from GA to Ocala.

The show was GREAT.
Tim
MBL

Zeta that is the one. You can actually sit in him from the back.

I am just finishing up another metal trophy for this show again this year. I would post it but..................it is top "tiki" secret at the moment........lol

I have been trying my hand at some fun drawings
[ Edited by: metaltiki 2010-02-03 07:57 ]

[ Edited by: metaltiki 2010-02-03 07:58 ]

M

Another trophy for the upcoming 2010 Florida Billetproof show.

Pages: 1 15 replies