Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Poker series Tiki art by Mathewson

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha gang,
Here is my latest painting. Another poker scene and the difference this time is it has a Texas hold em' twist to it.
It is 36"X48" on aluminum with a hand spun ground aluminum background. I spent about 300 hours on this piece titled "Bad Beat em' Beach"
I added a few during the process pix too.
Hope you like it?
Mahalo Dennis Mathewson

Very cool Dennis, good to see you back in here. Crazy detailing!

THAT IS THE BOOOMMMMBBBB!!!!!! VERY VERY AWSOME!!!!! HATS OFF !!!! CHEERZ!!!!

B

Damnit - all this art and no money - WAH! That is REALLY nice. Even though your Tikis are wood they have great movement and flow. I love the house part especially! I bet you have a pair of +250 reading glasses to get those details!

L

Gorgeous!

tat is some
attention to detail
on this one,Dennis!
daaaaang!
:)

UI

AMAZING work !

You put the kind of work into your art that would give me a corornary!

H

You have another fan here too! That is awesome!

Love it! this is so cool. I love the fact that all the tikis have distinct personalities. This poker game must be for high stakes.
Cheers

Braddah Dennis, That Is Awesome!!!
I can't wait to go check em out in Lahaina next time I'm out that way.. sweet.
I'd love to have some of your tiki's in your paintings as mugs.. that would be very cool as well.. :wink:

aloha's

Very cool!
Thanks for adding in that shot of you painting - it's funny how 3-D the painting looks... like your in it.
I was in Lahaina looking at your art in the gallery there (Diamond Head Gallery I think?) and I was getting closer and closer until I was like inches away, going over the entire thing... staring at your work. Much to the amusement of the nice people who worked there. Beautiful details man!

Thanks for all the kind comments everybody.
Anyone ever in Hawaii please stop by and say Hi. I have been painting my brains out the last year and have so much new stuff in the galleries now.

Brad-If you are ever in Lahaina while I am lets hook up. I love your stuff and would love to hang with you a bit bro. I will be back over there for shows Feb 26, Mar 26 and April 9&10. Any chance you will be around?

I just got back from the Las Vegas art and framing show where we launched the DM Dzigns frame moldings. Lots of Tiki, skull and Island style carved framed moldings here are some pix from the show. It was an over whelming response and they will be available in frame shops all over. I will post more paintings soon. Check back later Thanks ....Aloha Dennis

WOW- Some of those frames are really hip.

Pages: 1 13 replies