Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Pretty Much the Ugliest "Tiki" Collectible EVER!

Pages: 1 13 replies

L

This is perhaps the most horrifying toy I have ever seen marketed as Tiki. It even blows Party City tikis out of the water. Dear God may no one ever buy this for me!!

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jan 18, 2010 9:52 PM

Jaja! looks like Kiki had to much tanning!
It's amazing that people produce this crap... Where was it made? How much? Oh boy...

T

You realize this is a joke/novelty item, right? These guys have been making fake toy designs for years and this is one that was actually produced. I think it's pretty damn funny! Here's a "commercial" they created for Kiki:

http://www.goblertoys.com/pages2/kikianimation.html

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jan 18, 2010 10:39 PM

Ok, they got me! Hey, did they produced the Johnny Voodoo? That one is cool!

T

I know, these guys are good! And, yes, they were the ones who made the Johnny Voodoo.

L

Well that is a relief...but the thing still is ugly so I guess they succeeded!

Knowing that Tiki peoples were fooled makes me like this even more.

It'd be a great gift for the child of some super square friends or relatives. Or something to have your child playing with it when the same sorta friends and relations came to visit.

From, "There's Something About Mary".

I find it interesting that without the lip stick and eye shadow the tiki would have cool lines and carvings, but with the lip stick and eye shadow those cool carved lines become ugly wrinkles.

I hate the fact that that thing has my name....

That thing is so freakishly cool. I think I need one just because there are so many things wrong with it!

L

when i saw it i thought it was a take on :

I'm looking for my Tiki bandaides right now cause my eyes are bleeding. I would prefer to play with a green troll with white hair...but that commercial may sway me.

Too farking ugly, even for Bilge. Going to bed.

Pages: 1 13 replies