Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Room Party (4-5pm) Jan 30th prior to Tikiyaki

Pages: 1 19 replies

I know all you Tikiphiles and Tikiyaki Orchestra Stalkers will be gettin' Rummed up at the show...so stop on by our hotel room for a [edited] cocktail prior to the show. Recipe to follow...woooohooo...just did a rummage through the old booze closet and found I have much more rum than I thought, so going to do a....

POMEGRANATE RUM RICKEY

Have to go with what I have in the closet as I am broke...LOL. We will try to post some flyers around, but think you will find the room...it is a Lagoon Room and we will have the door open and exotica on the platter. Come on by and grab a drink.

DATE = Saturday, January 30th
TIME = 4pm to 5pm Open Door
HOSTESSES = The Capital City Wahines (Marlene/Vamp, Brenda/BrendasTikiHut, Sandy/CoronaContessa, Barbara/TackyTiki)

Will be back to post room number as soon as I find out.

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2010-01-25 21:15 ]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2010-01-26 21:09 ]

We'll come visit you guys...but we'll be pacing ourselves :lol: See you guys there!

T

Cool...ROOM PARTY !

I have a lagoon view room too.......
maybe I will have a photo show at 4am............

I'm so bummed that I'm going to miss out on my first events room party. I'll be havin' one for the road (only one) at Smuggler's Cove on the way down. Maybe something low in booze like a Missionary's Downfall. I'm going to soak in some of the cool SC atmosphere while getting a jump start on the pickling of my liver. I've got to save room and sobriety for the rumored Palo Alto version of the mai-tai. Hand made mix with a 151 float, can you say very drool worthy?
You cool wahini's tip a shot of tickle ya back for me.
See ya at the show.

I'll be monitoring that so-called PACING ya got planned there Jason...don't make me cut ya off!!!

TWO

Tequila???.. Really???....at a Tiki Party???.. You Sac Town Tiki Folk...I dunno. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll still drink it, but WHEN I throw up I will be blaming the Sac Town Contingent.

H

On 2010-01-26 16:25, Tai Won On wrote:
Tequila???.. Really???....at a Tiki Party???.. You Sac Town Tiki Folk...I dunno. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll still drink it, but WHEN I throw up I will be blaming the Sac Town Contingent.

Since it sounds like you definitely will be throwing up, you might as well plan to do it in a memorable (maybe even spectacular) fashion. For example, on the bed at the room party, in someone's suitcase, or perhaps the swimming pool.

Didn't see the last 2 posts till after I changed the drink (read the original post I just edited). I am soooo broke didn't think I would even have any rum to bring, but checked out my stock tonight and have more rum than anything...LOL.

Tai Won On...no barf bag for you...so come by and help us suck down some rum. :)

I would love to meet a few more folks from Tiki Central. I am so looking forward to this night.

Hey is the party still happening?

yeah, its going on now.
better hurry, before all the rum is gone.

Jeff(btd)

Absolutely...come and party with us!!! Here is the venue so far:

Chips & Dips
Ribs (those will go fast)
Deli (cheese, salami, crackers)
Macadamia Banana Bread
Ginger Rum Balls
Coconut Cookies
Banana Chips
&
Pomegranate Rum Rickeys

Everyone welcome [4-5pm]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2010-01-29 19:21 ]

Have fun guys and gals .I so wish I was flying up ....it's not even funny.
Have an absolute blast and I know the rum will runneth over .

Do you know your room number? Or should I just follow the scent of rum.

On 2010-01-29 23:24, SuperEight wrote:
Do you know your room number? Or should I just follow the scent of rum.

Don't show too late or you may instead have to follow the scent of barf.

Vamp, if you are using fresh lime juice in the Rum Rickey concoctions you may be fine, but if you are using that Rose's sweetened lime syrup you might want to rethink your no barf bag policy. Rose's is bad mana. Stay far away from it.

On 2010-01-29 19:20, VampiressRN wrote:
Absolutely...come and party with us!!! Here is the venue so far:

Chips & Dips
Ribs (those will go fast)
Deli (cheese, salami, crackers)
Macadamia Banana Bread
Ginger Rum Balls
Coconut Cookies
Banana Chips
&
Pomegranate Rum Rickeys

Everyone welcome [4-5pm]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2010-01-29 19:21 ]

GOD DAMN IT MARLENE !

You have just made it impossible to skip your room party with all your last minute changes. I could have passed on a tequila shot room party but NooOOOoo !
You had to add the fact that you not only would be having Pomegranate RUM rickey's, you'd be adding all the munchies to follow that makes it impossible to pass up.

DAMN YOU TO HELL WOMAN ! You've foiled my plan to stop at SC.

Of course hell being the place where your pomegranate gin rickey's are served. If you like I'll bring 3/4 of a bottle of Tortuga Gold to help offset my portion of the consumption and maybe 12 oz of (4 day old) fresh lime juice.

I don't use Roses...I don't think I even have any of that in my stock. We are all just raiding our pantries for offerings to the gawds...so if ya don't make our party...sounds like TV has some great Happy Hour offerings.

Any donations to the cause are gladly appreciated...thanks Eric...we look forward to seeing ya. I don't know the room until I check in, but Barb is going to post a couple of flyers once we are there. We'll just have our door open, so sure you will find us by the lagoon.

Hey Bill...we will have a "wish you were here" toast in your honor. See how you are miles away and still adding to the fun. :)

TWO

Thank you to Vampiress, Corona Contessa, and Brenda for hosting a great party. Those were some great drinks and tasty food.
Good times.

[ Edited by: Tai Won On 2010-01-31 09:13 ]

Thanks to everyone who stopped by. :)

The word today is.................HANGOVER!!!

Pages: 1 19 replies