Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

"FREEZE.... Holiday Police"

Pages: 1 8 replies

I love all of the holidays especially Christmas and Halloween. I decorate inside and out for both. Once the special day is over the magic seems to fade a bit so it's time to take all of the decorations down and pack them away for next year. No I don't have to do it the next day but I like to get them down in a timely manner. Now here is the fun part. My neighbor put his live Christmas tree on the curb the day after Christmas and it is still there. It looks like hell after being snowed on, thawed, rained on and hit by a snow plow many many times. He also has the life size wire deer and a fake green Christmas tree still out. I started the countdown for how long the dead tree and decorations will stay up. Yes it is petty but it is a guilty pleasure that gets me through my day. I have noticed this for years around town not just in my neighborhood but many places. My favorite thing is the Halloween pumpkin left out to slowly rot on the front porch. I have seen pumpkins go to nearly Christmas and Christmas decorations go until April. Like I said at the start I love the holidays but sometimes I would like to yell out the window of the car as I pass a fully decked out house for Christmas in April and say "FREEZE!!! step away from the door and put Santa in the garage...nobody wants to get hurt here".

We like to leave out pumpkins on the porch until they rot. If you don't carve it, sometimes a pumpkin will last until February or March. But by then you have to pick it up with a snow shovel. Oh, that's right, I don't own a snow showel 'cuz you don't have to shovel sunshine :D

We do get our Christmas decorations down before New Years

TS

My x-mas deco comes down the 1st week of Jan...They go up whenever i get to it, after thanksgiving of course.

I saw a lot of people in my neighborhood and around so cal a bit.
with x-mas lights and yard decor up before thanksgiving.
WTF???

I must admit that the x-mas lights are still up on my house.
but they are not lit up.
we only do that till Jan 3rd or so.

Jeff(btd)

Happy Valentine's Day. The Christmas tree is still in the gutter and I'm still counting the days.

One of my Customers(pool service) still had a X-mas tree in their living room last Wed. when I was there.
They are Chinese, so maybe they were keeping it up for the Chinese new year.
(but not sure) It is pretty sad looking, all the branches are drooping really badly, and there is a lot of needles on the floor.

Will report back about this after I go there again, this week.

Jeff(btd)
p.s. my x-mas lights are still up.
should take them down today.
baaaaah.

Guilty as charged...and my defense...my 10 foot tree is a fake and I just got the rolling bag/container for it. Just last week my handyman finally socked that sucker away in my garage. I may not even put it up this year just so I don't have to look at it again until next year. I don't do live items for decor outside, but I do wreaths. My Xmas one was out a little too long, but is down now. I don't want to be black listed by the HOA (aka Yard Nazis)

I suggest hanging some decor on those errant trees at the curb...guess Valentines is out of range, but perhaps some nice little St Paddy shamrock glittery ornaments with a leprechaun topper.

Leaves are on the trees and the grass is green . Flowers are in bloom and the hummingbirds are back and the neighbors Christmas tree is no longer sitting on the curb. Nearly four months was a good run.

I took the Christmas stuff down in my lounge about 3 weeks ago! :D

Pages: 1 8 replies