Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Vintage Tiki Aquarium

Pages: 1 12 replies

R

I thought I'd post this here before I went to ebay in the hopes that someone that truly appreciates vintage tiki gets it.

I am selling my vintage tikified aquarium and stand. I bought it for my Dojo loaches, but the little suckers grew so quick, before I could transfer them to it they outgrew it. It was either ditch the aquarium or the loaches, but the little guys are too fun to watch so the tiki aquarium has to go and make way for a bigger tank.

I have seen 4 other aquariums made in this same manner, the largest of which is a three part bar with aquariums built into the middle of each section that now happily resides in the HQ of Tiki Farm Mugs. The story I am told is that there was man that built these in or around Clearwater, Florida in the 1940's. The others I have seen were in that region of the world. This one has a double roof and curved bentwood along the rooflines, giving it a look that could go tiki or asian.

It's 4 parts. The base, aquarium, and a two-piece top. It stands 52" tall. It appears to be 15 gallons. Shipping will be by Craters and Freighters. They will pick it up and bill the recipient direct.

$475 bucks takes it.

Robotiki
Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

[ Edited by: robotiki 2010-02-03 19:40 ]

What are the tank measurements?

R

16.5" tall X 21.5" wide X 11" deep, outside dimensions

I am broke...oh wait...................I am crying and broke. That is beautiful. sigh

R

On 2010-02-03 19:21, VampiressRN wrote:
I am broke...oh wait...................I am crying and broke. That is beautiful. sigh

I take Pay Pal!
Forgot to mention, but maybe you've seen it, the front of the base has a drawer. It appears to be mostly mahogany under the bamboo. The top has a little door that opens up to feed the fish.

...would make a killer display for some of your more rare mugs....

BTD

Awesome! Man they just did everything with rattan, didn't they? My question is, how do you get into it to clean it and do stuff like that? I almost bought an old bar that had an aquarium built into it, but there was no easy way to get into it to take care of it.

R

The top comes off for set up and cleaning.

BTD

Y'know, that would look just awesome if you had a couple of puffer fish lamps that you could suspend in there. Plus, they poop a lot less than real fish!

R

On 2010-02-05 08:54, Big Tiki D wrote:
Y'know, that would look just awesome if you had a couple of puffer fish lamps that you could suspend in there. Plus, they poop a lot less than real fish!

Ya' know, that's not a bad idea...

While I was rootin' for images of a puffer fish lamp to do the above silliness, I found a blog that contained some shots of the Tiki Farm bar made by the same guy. The Tiki Farm bar was found and restored in St. Pete before being shipped to Cali (chalk one up for Florida!). Heres a shot of the Tiki Farm bar/aquarium, Mugoomba.

R

Well, I had someone from TC that said they'd take the aquarium, but as soon as I asked for a deposit, they evaporated. I'll be posting a link to the ebay auction soon.

R
R

Aquarium has been sold. Thanks for the interest.

R

[ Edited by: robotiki 2010-03-17 04:25 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies