Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hand carve bone pendant

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi everyone, I'm Scott and this is my first piece for sale. I've carved a lot, but usually it is for my restaurant Tiki Terrace in Chicago or for family/friends. Anyhow, this is a bone necklace pendant that I would like to sell for $115. It's the third bone carving of my small collection (I'm on #6 now. Yes, I'm a bit slow) :). Took about 12 hours, approx. Hibiscus and Hawaiian fern are the main content of this piece. Just a very simple, thin hemp cord. I made the hole for the cord a little bit larger so the owner can swap cord if desired. Initials on back with #3... for my third bone carving. I look forward to making and selling more, so give a hollar if interested in anything. Thanks and PM me if interested or [email protected] .

Thanks for looking!
Scott
PS, I tried to read the posting rules for the marketplace, but it says the page can not be found... so apologies in advance if I broke any of the rules

BTD

Mucho cool, sir! I gotta ask though...did you use a Dremel to do that? Me, I love working in bone, but I hate the dust generated by rotary tools (even with masks and air filters going).

I have seen this work in person and it is most impressive. Snap it up before I convince him to raise his prices!

Very nice.

Nice detail indeed.

That is one truly impressive piece of work!!!

Thanks for the compliments :) And to answer the question, yes, most of the work is done with a dremel. I just set up an esty account, so here is the link if interested. Thanks!
Scott

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40173432&ref=sr_list_4&&ga_search_query=hawaiian+pendant&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

That is s u p r e m e l y good, clean work. The force is strong in you!

Wow keep that up and you can close the restaurant and carve all day, nice work!

Pages: 1 8 replies