Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Snow Tikis

Pages: 1 25 replies

Trust me- you warm weathered folks are missing out!

I've been wanting to build a huge Snoai a few years now, and finally had the time/snow to do it. Approx. 7' tall...

L

awesome!

T

Quick! Put him in the freezer! Great stuff.

Very nice!

BK

I like it! Where are you? I'm actually snowless, right now!

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Feb 6, 2010 9:08 PM

BRAVO!
AWESOME!!!
SNOAI!
GENIUS!
:D
We need a picture with a human next to it for scale.

Very cool! pun intended.

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Feb 6, 2010 9:36 PM

I guess it's been done before, no?
Great manufacture!

BTD

Mucho awesome! Looks like he could use some friends, though...

B

Wherever you are, you have very clean snow! The snow, when it falls in the Seattle area, usually looks like an old soggy newspaper. I am jealous! Nice carving by the way!

J

Man, why didn't I think to build one? Could have carved it out the mound on top of my car.

Great work!

that, my friend, is f'ing fantastic!!!

Noland

My first attempt at a snow Tiki.......I'll give it a try again next year maybe

Well I stumbled across this while looking for something comletely different, but I just happen to have one we did here at work for a competition this winter. So behold!

My first attempt a carving Tiki, I have a lot to learn.

Who says tiki has to be tropical? These are circulating on FB...

Terrific additions to this thread. Wendy

HJ

Skillful and imaginative, but in Chicago with -4 F and -26 wind, the concept of playing in snow has lost its fascination.

This was the first Winter I took a hand at making snow tikis. Thank you Tiki Central Forum for the inspiration!

PNG Abelam Tiki freshly carved in Calgary. We don't usually get snow like this until March. Moist and heavy, perfect for carving

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/77151/54113ff1 [img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/77151/54113dd6.jpg)

I like the night shot better

Good work. I agree - the night shot shows more detail. You should post the picture of yourself standing next to it for scale - it looks to be about 7 or 8 feet tall.

That is so much fun I almost wish I lived in snow country. Good job, Wendy

It is about 8 feet tall. Still standing but started leaning backwards big time so I shoved more snow up its ass. Next time we get a snow like that I would like to do Ku.

Very cool! (pun intended :wink: )

Want to add my snoai to the thread.

AWESOME Snoais and Snow Tikis!!

Glad to see this thread live on.. Keep 'em coming!

Pages: 1 25 replies