Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

martini kings perform at palm springs modernism week at the famed james bond elrod house)

Pages: 1 11 replies

if you saw bond's diamonds are forever then you saw the coolest swankiest house in. (the world. it is on sale a a low price of 13 million bucks. we will play ther from 5pm till 8 pm on friday evening feb.19th. tickets still available but will sell out!

T

We were watching Huell Howser last night & found out his shows all this week will feature his trips to Palm Springs, so we thought we'd take a little drive down there...on Saturday the 20th. Would've loved to have seen you guys at such a cool venue. Have a great show!

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2010-02-09 07:43 ]

M

Here Tony?

Hey Mr. Martini King,

Can you provide a link for folks that would like to buy a ticket to this event?

I couldn't find it on the Palm Springs Modernism website for some reason.
Maybe I'm just lame, but a like would be awesome. :)

Road trip might be in order!

Mahalo!

Oh bummer...I won't be able to make this event...boohoohoo. I can just hear you playing the James Bond Theme in that living room. Be sure to let me know what the rest of the house looks like...sigh!!!

Bambi: [seductively] I'm "Bambi."
Thumper: And I am "Thumper." Is there something we can do for you?
James Bond: I can think of several things, off hand...

J
Jetson posted on Tue, Feb 9, 2010 7:57 PM

Awesome. I'll try to make it. Thats payday for me, so it's really pushing it, but I'll definatley try.

This is sponsored by the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation (Not PS ModCom). PSPF has several Modernism Week events planned. They just finished "Wexler Weekend", honoring architect Donald Wexler, who is the architect of the Royal Hawaiian Estates, which was recently given Palm Springs Historical District status.

Tickets may seem high, but I think are worth it. An iconic house, the Martini Kings, and unlimited handcrafted vodka and gin martinis! Tkae a look at the liquor sponsors and ticket info:

http://www.pspreservationfoundation.org/martini.html

Awesome. :)

Thanks so much for the info Mod Jetsetter!

This little party might just be worth breaking the piggy bank for! :)

hi guys, sorry i forgot to give a link!!!
hope you can come hang with the martini kings...........

A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!FEB.19TH 5PM TILL 8PM performance by the MARTINI KINGS at THE ELROD HOUSE(james bond house) in PALM SPRINGS. Modernism Week will include three PSPF events: a free lecture on Palm Springs’ modernist architecture, a tour of Frank Sinatra’s Twin Palms Estate and our wildly popular Retro Martini Party. This year’s Retro Martini Party will be held at John Lautner’s famous Arthur Elrod House (1968), described by one commentator as the “world’s greatest living room.” The Elrod House became part of our popular culture when it starred in the 1971 James Bond movie “Diamonds Are Forever.”
to see photos of this cool pad check out the link.
http://www.palmspringslife.com/Palm-Springs.../Daring-Design/

A classy event and an even classier band!

MH

Martini Kings -

Man that looks great! But, I won't be there on the 19th! Are you guys going to be playing at all anywhere in the next 5 days? I am headed out to Palm Springs from Phoenix today for ModernismWeek. Hope to meet you and some of the other Tiki Central crowd! Long live the vibraphonists!

saludos,

Mr. Ho

Pages: 1 11 replies